IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Old 10-19-18, 10:30 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by baviaannl
@gromaudio Please, please, please can you setup a change-log for your Vline firmware upgrades. It'd be useful to know exactly what issues you have addressed with each upgrade.
Yes this is in plans. We will add that once 8.1 is ready for release.
All latest updates will be fixing very minor issues. Mostly startup stability, black screen occasionally on some modules. Display porches and so on. We plan on last update today before going into 8.1 beta.

Last edited by gromaudio; 10-19-18 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-20-18, 03:16 AM
wildta
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
I don't have that problem (LS 460).

The only problem I have with the iOS 12 update I suspect is an app issue and not a GROM issue. Google Maps doesn't go into night mode correctly in CarPlay. Night mode still works fine in apple maps in CarPlay and on google maps in the app itself (on the phone), but on the Grom (through CarPlay) it shows up in regular (very bright) daylight mode.
It's a Grom issue. It's been an issue since day 1. I don't understand why they just can't program it to a solar time table vs photocell.
Old 10-20-18, 11:16 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Can anyone advise if there is a texting app to download that works well on the VL2 with a voice input button? I was hoping for an option to be able to reply to a text message by voice but without touching my phone. Other cool Android apps that you recommend on VL2? Right now I'm only using it for Google maps and Pandora. Would be nice to have additional functionality but my voice button on the VL2 only seems to work with navigation.
Old 10-21-18, 03:52 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by wildta
It's a Grom issue. It's been an issue since day 1. I don't understand why they just can't program it to a solar time table vs photocell.
Why would it only effect google maps and not Waze and Apple Maps?
Old 10-22-18, 09:26 AM
unagijimbo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
Why would it only effect google maps and not Waze and Apple Maps?
This was definitely a Google Maps issue and not a Grom issue. People with CarPlay, whether through Grom or not, were having this problem. Regardless, it has been fixed, was using it last night and it was in night mode, but for the first few weeks, it was stuck on day mode even if manually put into night mode.
The following users liked this post:
rehr0001 (10-22-18)
Old 10-25-18, 08:25 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi @gromaudio could you tell us about the new firmware LEX5. What does this offer over the previous firmware?

Thanks
Old 10-25-18, 08:50 AM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I updated my LEX5 VL2 to latest firmware and software (v39), and it worked initially, but ultimately locked up. Connecting my iPhone 6s would start an endless reboot cycle loop. Falling back to the v37 software via USB, resolved that issue. As others have stated, having a change log for firmware/software updates would be useful. I'll be leaving my VL2 and VL1 units as they are unless I'm assured a change to something that matters.
Old 10-25-18, 11:20 AM
jojotheduc
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Tried having a VL2 professionally installed in my GX 460 today. After install any touch on the screen and it would flicker and die. The install shop (listed on the Grom site) called Grom who first told them to check the connections and then told them the GX 460 isn't supported because it doesn't have a joystick. Grom literally has a GX 460 product page....

Screw this company. I've dealt with Chinese resellers on Alibaba with better support services. I'm having their overpriced crap yanked out of my truck and shipped back. What a waste of time and money. If anyone is reading this ty bread and considering a Grom system, I'd avoid it like herpes.
Old 10-25-18, 11:47 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by jojotheduc
Tried having a VL2 professionally installed in my GX 460 today.
GX460 2016 is not supported yet. Can you point to a "product page" specifically for GX460 ? We need to understand where the confusion is.

Last edited by gromaudio; 10-25-18 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-25-18, 12:23 PM
jojotheduc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gromaudio
GX460 2016 is not supported yet. Can you point to a "product page" specifically for GX460 ? We need to understand where the confusion is.
When I go to the Grom website on my phone and search for equipment compatible with a 2015 GX 460 with Nav I get LEX7TVL2 2013-2017 Lexus (Nav), which is what I ordered. Here's a screenshot. So I guess Grom saying this unit is compatible with my truck, only to find out after $200 in install fees that you now don't support my vehicle is where the confusion is.

Last edited by jojotheduc; 10-25-18 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-25-18, 01:04 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Just double checked the page: https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl2-lex7t.html
Nothing on GX460 there. Might have been a glitch somewhere. We will check further.
Old 10-25-18, 01:07 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by KYLS
I updated my LEX5 VL2 to latest firmware and software (v39), and it worked initially, but ultimately locked up. Connecting my iPhone 6s would start an endless reboot cycle loop. Falling back to the v37 software via USB, resolved that issue. As others have stated, having a change log for firmware/software updates would be useful. I'll be leaving my VL2 and VL1 units as they are unless I'm assured a change to something that matters.
Was that loop on CarPlay only ? Any other symptoms ?
Old 10-25-18, 01:54 PM
jojotheduc
Driver School Candidate

Just double checked the page: https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl2-lex7t.html
Nothing on GX460 there. Might have been a glitch somewhere. We will check further.
It still shows up on a mobile device (see my screenshots above). So is Grom going to refund my installation fees?
Old 10-25-18, 02:44 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Was that loop on CarPlay only ? Any other symptoms ?
It (v39) would boot up to frozen screen (page three with the setting app present) seemingly ignoring screen touches, though if I kept pressing items on the screen that would eventually cause it to reboot. When I would plug the iPhone in (CarPlay) it would boot up and then after a brief pause reboot in a loop until I unplugged it. Presumably it was trying to start CarPlay but I never saw that screen. In this state I was unable to get into settings or do anything. Glad it saw the USB and allowed a downgrade to v37.
Old 10-30-18, 09:17 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Anyone tried Agama Carlauncher on v1 or v2 ?

https://m.apkpure.com/car-launcher-a...es.carlauncher

Comes for both Io and Android

Have it on mobile like this:

Still not heard from Grom about the update parts needed to upgrade to v.2..My v.1 replacement will not be installed in my car before it's 100% stabile. Lost enough hair and sleep stressing around in the garage for hours to get the 1st one they sent me to work more than a litte while at a time before it died all together ...what did Grom do, shipped it back to me with new cables...did it work..NO ..Shipped it for the second time back to Grom and got a new one that time..That last one I have not installed at all and have waited more than a year for the upgrade the V.1 to V.2 parts they promised me to be available..
Just checked my mailbox...86...Yes ...eightysix differrent conversations made with Grom since May 16- 2016...and still NoGo..

Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 10-30-18 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?