Search this Thread

Old 10-07-16, 07:18 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
VLine Gen 6 beta is going on now, here is the short clip:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMI0HzDWrd/

Note how you activate the VLine by pressing AUX-USB button, see how you can switch the tracks (on stations in this demo) with steering wheel controls, and quickly access player controls.
Maybe a long shot but if you need additional beta testers for Gen 6 PM me. Would be honored to be involved!
Old 10-07-16, 10:39 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Check your spam folder too, sometimes the emails end up there. Or PM me your name, I will be happy to check the status for you.
We are working hard to getting all the pre-orders out!
Originally Posted by mahcah
Dang. I didn't get anything yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll receive confirmation.
Old 10-07-16, 10:57 AM
gromaudio
Vendor

Thank you all for your interest in VLine for Gen 6, we will keep you updated on the status.
As soon as we have a better understanding and estimate for the production, we will post the update here.
Originally Posted by redcrxsi
Maybe a long shot but if you need additional beta testers for Gen 6 PM me. Would be honored to be involved!
Old 10-07-16, 11:24 AM
jdubbsISF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dammit just saw this now. How much was the preorder... and can we get that pricing again? lol
Old 10-07-16, 11:58 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
For those who will be receiving yours soon... can someone make a much more in depth video showing the unit with various apps (pandora, spotify, maps, etc etc). Android and iPhone videos would be great.
yes please please please
Old 10-08-16, 08:42 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Does the grom vline have an RJ45 LAN connection or is it wifi network connected only?

thinking when I get one of these I'll get a cradlepoint to put in the car for cellular connectivity. I always trust hardwiring over wifi but either will work. Just curious, picture indicates a no but worth asking.

What about GPS does it have its own reciver?
Old 10-08-16, 10:33 AM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I do not believe it has a rj45 connector. It does include the gps receiver. I just got notification mine was shipped. Will be patiently waiting for the car-play feature.
Old 10-08-16, 11:20 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I installed mine earlier this morning. It does not have a rj45 connector, wifi only. Setup went well, haven't had a chance to play with it much yet.
Old 10-08-16, 12:21 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

^^^^^^^

Thanks guys, very excited for this for sure! Aftermarket support continues to grow! Good time to be a Lexus owner!
Old 10-09-16, 09:58 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
Does the grom vline have an RJ45 LAN connection or is it wifi network connected only?

thinking when I get one of these I'll get a cradlepoint to put in the car for cellular connectivity. I always trust hardwiring over wifi but either will work. Just curious, picture indicates a no but worth asking.

What about GPS does it have its own reciver?
The VLine does not have the RJ45 LAN connection. The GPS receiver is included. Thank you.
Old 10-11-16, 09:36 PM
GarageB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed mine today, so far Im not very impressed.

Initial complaints:

1. The GPS isnt working. The GPS receiver has a flashing red LED the entire time, and it gets no fix.

2. When I get back in the car sometimes I need to hit the CD/AUX button to bring the vline screen back up.

3. The interface works ok in the handful of apps it comes with. With apps that arent pre-installed, it pops up a navigation bar on the left side - the navigation bar doesnt have a back button.

4. The red microphone icon is obnoxious and I dont find it to be that useful. Id prefer to have it removed.

5. Performance wise it runs about as good as my 2 year old $50 android tablet.

At the end of the day Grom should have not tried to create its own interface and instead opted for Android Auto - which is better suited for a car environment.

Also, there is absolutely no need for this device to have to boot each time - I own an android tablet, it sits on my bedside table for a week, and when i pick it up, its exactly where I left it and it doesnt need to boot.

What say you Grom?

Last edited by GarageB; 10-11-16 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-12-16, 04:37 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by GarageB
Also, there is absolutely no need for this device to have to boot each time - I own an android tablet, it sits on my bedside table for a week, and when i pick it up, its exactly where I left it and it doesnt need to boot.

What say you Grom?
That's probably a power issue. It would need a constant power source to stay booted all the time. If the VLine has an internal battery, it's likely very small since it's expecting its primary source of power to be from the car. An internal battery would probably just be for backing up settings and/or other config data. If it was always on, it would quickly kill its own battery, and eventually the car's battery. I'm sure the Android tablet's battery is much more robust since it's designed to run for long periods of time without a connected power source..

-Mike
Old 10-12-16, 06:11 AM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

My biggest gripe is no back button; you have to hit the home button and get back into the apps a lot of times.
Old 10-12-16, 06:56 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Be patient guys, they just finished the beta and are awaiting Android Auto approval (last time I checked). Don't expect this to be 100% perfect, but even in its current state it is leagues ahead of Lexus's outdated stock stereo setup.

But the GPS should definitely work so reach out to them. Their customer service is great I'm sure they'll help you out.
Old 10-12-16, 07:09 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

My GPS works great, I ended up mounting it inside of the dash directly underneath the factory navigation antenna. In my ES350, it's towards the center of the dash; not sure where it is in the IS-F.

I do agree however performance is sluggish, and I don't see that improving much since it's hardware is quite outdated.

I wish I could get phone calls to work properly. I want to use the car's handsfree system not the GROM's, since audio quality is terrible. However, if I pick up the phone call from the Lexus system, the GROM continues playing music. That is obviously a software bug though, so hopefully it's resolved soon.

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?