anyone getting the grom vline?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-19, 12:05 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001
https://www.shouselaw.com/personal-injury/unfair-competition#

i think Grom should rethink their strategy of charging for the upgrade. Pretty clear cut false advertising and CA has some awfully strong protection laws. Just fix this, Grom. Don’t make someone sue you.
We do not charge for software updates we provide. We only cover our expenses that deal with SD card sourcing, processing and testing. As explained in FAQ there is no way to update to 8.1 without SD card. This is related to 8.1 security features that been made available by manufacturer after we get VL2 with 5.1 delivered to customers.
7.1 was not having these limitations.
https://gromaudio.com/store/accessor...-f-a81sdc.html
Old 03-02-19, 12:35 PM
WillAP1
Intermediate

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We do not charge for software updates we provide. We only cover our expenses that deal with SD card sourcing, processing and testing. As explained in FAQ there is no way to update to 8.1 without SD card. This is related to 8.1 security features that been made available by manufacturer after we get VL2 with 5.1 delivered to customers.
Then you should provide the files and instructions for users to use their own SD card if they feel comfortable and have the means to go through that process. That is the bottom line.
Old 03-02-19, 12:38 PM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Doesn't change the fact that you told me over live chat that future updates would be free. Give me a reason why we're unable to burn this file to our own cards in order to complete this update?
The following users liked this post:
Texas149 (03-03-19)
Old 03-02-19, 02:14 PM
rehr0001
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

you advertised the vl2 as shipping with 7.1. When it became clear you wouldn’t be ready, you told people 7.1 would be available with an ota update. Then you decided to go to 8.1 instead. You are now charging for the update. Provide what you sold. Ship me the card for free. It isn’t my fault you can’t provide what you sold me without costs to you. It is your fault you advertised something you couldn’t deliver (the words for that are false advertising).
The following 2 users liked this post by rehr0001:
joedaddy1 (03-03-19), Texas149 (03-03-19)
Old 03-02-19, 02:16 PM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Upload the new ROM on your website and let people download and update with there own SD card. can't be too hard.
Old 03-02-19, 03:25 PM
banserki
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahah what a joke!
Old 03-02-19, 06:05 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rehr0001

you advertised the vl2 as shipping with 7.1. When it became clear you wouldn’t be ready, you told people 7.1 would be available with an ota update. Then you decided to go to 8.1 instead. You are now charging for the update. Provide what you sold. Ship me the card for free. It isn’t my fault you can’t provide what you sold me without costs to you. It is your fault you advertised something you couldn’t deliver (the words for that are false advertising).
Agreed! 100%
Old 03-02-19, 06:07 PM
Earffman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry for my Russian. Ребята, вы так погорите.

@gromaudio
Я знаю вы понимаете на русском.
Ваша продукция всем нравится.
Но то что вы накалажали с обновлением "ведроида" мы в этом не виноваты.
Сделайте инструкцию нормальную, выложите прошивки на сайте, мы все аккуратно сделаем сами.
И будем вас уважать дальше и покупать вашу продукцию. Не ровен час вас англичане с американцами по судам таскать начнут за эти 20 баксов. Но вы не правы.
Я вашей продукцией пользуюсь уже 7 год. Сколько знакомых "подсадил" на ваш товар.
Одумайтесь и народ вас поймет.
​​​​​​От обиды на вас я сам китайским "товарищам" готов по болтику отдать все ваши устройства которые в моих машинах стоят...пусть разберут и начинают производство. Они все сумеют)
​​​​​Это шутки все конечно...но грустные.
Ждем все вашей реакции и содействия.

Last edited by Earffman; 03-02-19 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-02-19, 11:32 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Ahhh crappp.. now the Russians are involved.
Old 03-03-19, 12:10 AM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 265 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Earffman
@gromaudio
Я знаю вы понимаете на русском.
Ваша продукция всем нравится.
Но то что вы накалажали с обновлением "ведроида" мы в этом не виноваты.
Сделайте инструкцию нормальную, выложите прошивки на сайте, мы все аккуратно сделаем сами.
И будем вас уважать дальше и покупать вашу продукцию. Не ровен час вас англичане с американцами по судам таскать начнут за эти 20 баксов. Но вы не правы.
Я вашей продукцией пользуюсь уже 7 год. Сколько знакомых "подсадил" на ваш товар.
Одумайтесь и народ вас поймет.
​​​​​​От обиды на вас я сам китайским "товарищам" готов по болтику отдать все ваши устройства которые в моих машинах стоят...пусть разберут и начинают производство. Они все сумеют)
​​​​​Это шутки все конечно...но грустные.
Ждем все вашей реакции и содействия.
Poorly translated by Google:

@gromaudio
I know you understand Russian.
Everyone likes your products.
But what you have done with updating the "vedroid" is not our fault.
Make the instructions normal, put the firmware on the site, we will do everything carefully.
And we will respect you further and buy your products. No wonder what time the British with the Americans on the courts will begin to carry for these 20 bucks. But you are wrong.
I have been using your products for 7 years already. How many friends "hooked" on your product.
Think again and the people will understand you.
For an offense against you, I myself am ready for the Chinese "comrades" to give a bolt of all your devices that are in my cars ... let them take it apart and start production. They all manage to)
This is all a joke of course ... but sad.
We look forward to all your reactions and assistance.
Earffman (03-03-19)
Old 03-03-19, 03:28 AM
Texas149
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
Ahhh crappp.. now the Russians are involved.
Oh Dear, that's not good, and I thought I had problems! You don't want to upset ( anymore) the Russians because even "Happy Birthday" sounds scary in Russian!!!

Any computer programmers out there shed any light on the fact that a Micro SD needs 'Special' formatting to install 8.1 without (quoting from GROM) 'Bricking your device'?

paul m.
Earffman (03-03-19)
Old 03-03-19, 08:16 AM
baviaannl
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas149

Oh Dear, that's not good, and I thought I had problems! You don't want to upset ( anymore) the Russians because even "Happy Birthday" sounds scary in Russian!!!

Any computer programmers out there shed any light on the fact that a Micro SD needs 'Special' formatting to install 8.1 without (quoting from GROM) 'Bricking your device'?

paul m.
That's absolute rubbish regarding special formatting! I've flashed many Android devices over the years, of course if your not very clever and try with the wrong file system it might not work although I can't imagine what they are talking about here!
Earffman (03-03-19)
Old 03-03-19, 11:34 AM
Texas149
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well that's sort of what I thought but I'm no programming expert, I do know that a power loss during a firm/software upgrade may have catastrophic consequences and could possibly happen to this unit if the car battery or power connection cable was disconnected during an upgrade ( highly unlikely unless you're really incompetent)

I'm pretty sure it WAS in the FAQ's here
That the SD card needed 'special' formatting so as to not 'brick' your device, that is why the software is not available as a Download.

paul m.

Last edited by Texas149; 03-03-19 at 11:55 AM.
Earffman (03-03-19)
Old 03-03-19, 02:29 PM
drischnie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my question is:

what advantages do i have with 8.1 ???
Old 03-03-19, 02:56 PM
Earffman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas149
Well that's sort of what I thought but I'm no programming expert, I do know that a power loss during a firm/software upgrade may have catastrophic consequences and could possibly happen to this unit if the car battery or power connection cable was disconnected during an upgrade ( highly unlikely unless you're really incompetent)

I'm pretty sure it WAS in the FAQ's here
That the SD card needed 'special' formatting so as to not 'brick' your device, that is why the software is not available as a Download.

paul m.
It was also in the letter that GromAudio sent us

Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?