IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF got F'd today !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-16, 10:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default My ISF got F'd today !!

Came out to work to this mess alllllll over the car . I immediately got ahold of the building manager and they told me the landscaper was cutting trees up with a wood chipper near my car. Now the car is covered in saw dust . Took the car to get washed and the car feels like sand paper . I spent almost 4 hours clay barring the glass, hood , and fenders and ended up scratching the clear coat on the hood pretty damn bad . There was no other way to remove it . I even tried running alcohol and it still left a little behind . I made an appointment with a very high end shop in Scottsdale . They told me it needs a clay bar , Polish ( to removes scratches), and wax to seal it again . This is so ****ing upsetting . I have been wanting to take her into a pro shop for the real deal but never wanted to do it under these circumstances . I park hundreds of yards away from any other car and this bs happens .

Anyone know of the scratches can be buffed out ? Fingers and toes crossed . Will update when repaired with photos .
Attached Thumbnails My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo229.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo553.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo337.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo107.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo559.jpg  

My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo877.jpg   My ISF got F'd today  !!-photo646.jpg  
Old 08-23-16, 10:25 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is rather unfortunate. I was just hoping it wasn't a vehicle-related accident. But with the proper stages of detailing, she'll be back with her luster. There is no doubt the shine and depth will return.
Old 08-23-16, 10:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
This is rather unfortunate. I was just hoping it wasn't a vehicle-related accident. But with the proper stages of detailing, she'll be back with her luster. There is no doubt the shine and depth will return.
Thanks bro! I am literally praying . In the end I do everything by hand so I have no direct experience with an orbital and have always been afraid to try it from fear doing something stupid. The clear coat damage is way more than I could have ever done by hand . It's really bad .... To me . Thanks for the response bud. Some
Direction and feedback is a HUGE help. Thanks. Will post pics after the paint correction

Last edited by I8ABMR; 08-23-16 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-23-16, 11:11 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I can imagine the feeling. It's bad enough getting rock chip debris from road racing, track time, and the occasional canyon run, but of all times to need some added TLC, it's something like this. Go figure.

A few of us who take our cars to the track joke that it's much easier to do a quick detail right after a track day than after a long work week. But have no fear...whoever you commission to restore the MRM paint will do just that. As for the processes themselves, I doubt the scratching is so deep that it would require sanding down and compounding, but there might be areas where that is needed. I for one know that the nose of the bumper needed that additional stage, as it became dull after awhile. I, too, have not gone in for a full respray yet, but after 8 years, it might not be a bad thing to look into haha.
Old 08-23-16, 11:20 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That is really unfortunate my friend. This seems to happen to us fanatics way too often. A couple years ago my car got sprayed by some sprinklers in a golf course. It left some real corrosive residue..to this day I still have water marks on the glass! I was parked at the furthest edge of the parking lot too... no one else got sprayed!

I'm sure the professionals will take care of your paint.
Old 08-24-16, 03:16 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ff
That is really unfortunate my friend. This seems to happen to us fanatics way too often. A couple years ago my car got sprayed by some sprinklers in a golf course. It left some real corrosive residue..to this day I still have water marks on the glass! I was parked at the furthest edge of the parking lot too... no one else got sprayed!

I'm sure the professionals will take care of your paint.
Try some Zaino glass polish--worked great for me.

I8ABMR--so sorry to see those pics. That is tragic. Are you going to go after he landscapers? Seriously, what kind of an Ahole landscaper would do that to a car. I would at least let their bosses know, if not shake them down for the cost of the restoration!
Old 08-24-16, 04:01 AM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need some better lighting to show full extent of the swirls, but from those pictures it does not look particularly bad and it will all come out.

Is the last picture of swirls in the glass? If so that may or may not come out.

When you do get it done, may I suggest you have the detailer apply a ceramic glass coating instead of just some wax. If you had a good coating on the paint you would most likely have avoided a lot of those swirls.
Old 08-24-16, 05:05 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Damn, that sux... Though, it appears mostly superficial and a proper detailing should get her back into shape... I too was worried by the thread title & thought it might be something way worse, like a collision.. whew!

-Mike
Old 08-24-16, 05:38 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

You'll be fine. It will come out with proper polishing. As long as the damage didn't go through your clearcoat your good.
Old 08-24-16, 05:43 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Those defects are minimal. A good detailer will have no problem making it look as good as, or better, than new.

Are you taking it to either of these shops by chance...

Windows and Wheels Auto Detailing
Owners: Wills & Daniela Amstutz
Phone: 480-201-6270
Email: windowsandwheels@aol.com
Web: www.windowsandwheels.com

Distinct Detail
Owner: Scott Nichols
Phone: 623-326-9152
Email: scott@distinctdetailaz.com
Web: www.distinctdetailaz.com

... I know both shops, and each are experts at high end paint correction and protection work.

-Zach
Old 08-24-16, 06:46 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The swirls will come out for sure. They're not deep at all.

Edit: I hope you find an amazing detailer.
Wills and Daniela Amstutz show cased a lot of their work on Autogeek and the results are fantastic

Last edited by Zelfiris; 08-24-16 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-24-16, 07:53 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Sorry to see this Tammer. Hopefully they'll make good on it without trouble for you.
Old 08-24-16, 12:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Wow thanks for all the replies guys . Really means a lot when you're freaking out . Can always rely on my CL family.

I spoke to the foreman and the owner this morning. They told me to just get it taken care of and bring them the bill on Monday . I told them it will need clay bar and polish and they said it's fine . Scheduled with Pit Stop derailing and exotic car storage in Scottsdale. I have been wanting to check them out for years . Let's see what they can do . They quoted me $350 for clay, Polish, and seal with wax. Going to have to drop the car off and leave it all day

Fingers, toes , arms , and legs crossed ! Thanks again guys
Old 08-24-16, 01:33 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about this.

I had a recent story of my ex boss getting a new garage built. They sprayed insulation all of his bentley as it went through a crack in the wall.

Good detail will get done. My guy does it for around $250 with high speed buff. Wish you were closer

Good luck. Could be worse
Old 08-24-16, 10:00 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Wow thanks for all the replies guys . Really means a lot when you're freaking out . Can always rely on my CL family.

I spoke to the foreman and the owner this morning. They told me to just get it taken care of and bring them the bill on Monday . I told them it will need clay bar and polish and they said it's fine . Scheduled with Pit Stop derailing and exotic car storage in Scottsdale. I have been wanting to check them out for years . Let's see what they can do . They quoted me $350 for clay, Polish, and seal with wax. Going to have to drop the car off and leave it all day

Fingers, toes , arms , and legs crossed ! Thanks again guys
Polish will get out light swirls and scratches, if they are deeper your car will need a cut (with compound). Id ask how many stages are included in the detail. Most polish and waxes are just a fancy Wash and Wax.

Quick Reply: My ISF got F'd today !!