IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF X-Force Exhaust back order thread

Old 08-20-16, 09:12 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ISF X-Force Exhaust back order thread

Hi Guys,

I ordered my X-Force exhaust through Summit Racing on July 5, 2016. The exhaust was backordered and the estimated ship date from Summit Racing went from early August to August 19 to August 28 and finally to Sept 16 as of today. I have yet to receive a definite answer of when it will arrive.

After inquiring XForce through their website, I received words from their COO that X-Force USA will receive a shipment on Sep 2. He also said there are 6 orders pending from Summit.

At this time I am pretty close to canceling my order and getting a Borla (AFTER WAITING FOR 50 DAYS). Needless to say, budget exhaust will get you budget customer service.

Please share if you're having the same issue.
Old 08-21-16, 04:23 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't see how it is a customer service issue if there simply are not products in stock to sell... do you expect summit to fabricate one for you and ship it out? It is not uncommon for overseas shipments to not arrive on time due to one thing or another, and retailers have no control over it.

I was considering purchasing this product through Snail Performance, but when I asked if they had the most updated design that did not require modifications to exhaust hangers or exhaust outlet, they had mentioned that they were waiting on a new shipment that would hopefully hit the US around September. Summit may be in the same situation, where they do not want to sell, or are sold out of the older stock that required some modifications and are simply waiting on the new, improved product to provide better items for their customers.

IMO if you've got the money to spend on a Borla, then just buy it if that will make you happy. Otherwise, save the 50% and wait for the X Force to show up.
Old 08-21-16, 11:19 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would wait..you've waited thus far. I waited for 2 years b4 an exhaust came along like this (price and quality). I purchase mine from Summit also with the old hangar set-up (and it then sat in my garage another 5 months) and aside from the slight modifications it was WELL worth the wait. It sounds awesome, performs great, and it's built pretty buff. "Hang" in there
Old 08-21-16, 11:26 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

It most certainly is a customer service issue when a vendor either states or implies that a product is "In Stock" at the time they take your money.

Old 08-21-16, 12:13 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^That wasn't the case here.

Lou
Old 08-21-16, 01:44 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

I don't mind it is on back ordered, I just wanted them to reach out and give me an estimate ship date in the first place. I know summit is just a vendor just like snail and it is not in their control of when the manufacturer ships.

My issue was the first time i emailed x-force, one guy replied and said he will look into it, I never heard back from him. Summit did email me one ship date which was Aug 16, which appears to be incorrect.

So as of now I am hoping that it will ship in September, but I really have no idea when it will arrive.

Old 08-21-16, 02:21 PM
AndrewISF
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I understand the frustration but I would hang in there if you've already waited this long. I've had the exhaust on my car since May and love it, not to mention the fact that it's roughly 1/2 the price of a Borla and 1/3 the price of a Joe Z.
Old 08-21-16, 08:36 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I ordered my varex kit from summit on june 30th and by july 7th it was delivered. No issues here
Old 08-23-16, 03:31 AM
WAAA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine after a 8 week wait finally arrived in New Zealand from XForce Aussie.

They managed to stuff up my order by sending me one less flange and the second to last hangers were completely off and I ended up making new ones.

Oh and they leak where they meet the header. I think you need to use a beefy crush washer instead of their supplied gaskets.

Meh, you get what you pay for and you can't build one for less!

FYI, I've ditched my mufflers on the back and gone for flowmasters for extra rumble.
Old 08-23-16, 06:53 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I think I remember reading that the supplied gaskets are no good and you need to use OEM gaskets.
Old 08-23-16, 08:18 AM
GTX580
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I think I remember reading that the supplied gaskets are no good and you need to use OEM gaskets.
thanks. I am going to get some new OEM gaskets.
Old 08-23-16, 09:07 AM
empathy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You do not use simple gaskets between the header and the front of the mid pipe. You're supposed to use a flex pipe. Your car already has one in there. You can reuse it if it isn't cracked. Xforce send you an extra gasket for all the other connections. I believe i got 7 total and used 6.
Old 08-23-16, 01:49 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

If you have oem headers i think you can use an oem style gasket. With aftermarket headers there is no bevel to hold and center the gasket and they dont work. I used the ones they come with but i think i have a leak at one side.
Old 08-26-16, 08:40 AM
GarageB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the current status with these exhausts?

I had heard there was a revision (that didnt require modification/cutting) - but some vendors arent selling the revised version.

Also who is the best place to order it from, to get the revised version.

Looking to get the non-varex version.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-16, 01:41 PM
empathy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For the cutting, all you basically do is trim off some of the piping at the end of the muffler on the passenger side. it's about .5 inches too long and it hits the faux exhaust tips. easy to trim with a sawzall.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISF X-Force Exhaust back order thread