ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Newbie but proud owner of 2012 isf. Exhaust questions (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/831425-newbie-but-proud-owner-of-2012-isf-exhaust-questions.html)

VinceISF 08-15-16 02:10 AM

Newbie but proud owner of 2012 isf. Exhaust questions

So I got my car in April of this year 2016. So far I've done muffler and primary and secondary cat delete to give it more sound. But it's just noise not really any sexy v8 exhaust note and a retarded amount of drone. So I was thinking about doing ppe headers with a Hayward and Scott exhaust. Does anyone have that set up? If so can you tell me how the drone is and loudness please? Also if anyone in Ontario that has the H & S exhaust could you tell me the shipping cost please? And is anyone in on this forum in Ontario? Thanks guys

Blizzard81 08-15-16 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by VinceISF (Post 9585920)
So I got my car in April of this year 2016. So far I've done muffler and primary and secondary cat delete to give it more sound. But it's just noise not really any sexy v8 exhaust note and a retarded amount of drone. So I was thinking about doing ppe headers with a Hayward and Scott exhaust. Does anyone have that set up? If so can you tell me how the drone is and loudness please? Also if anyone in Ontario that has the H & S exhaust could you tell me the shipping cost please? And is anyone in on this forum in Ontario? Thanks guys

I was thinking about that exhaust. But for my setup i would keep the stock headers. Waiting a little bit more. Also from ontario.

VinceISF 08-15-16 06:10 AM

What part of Ontario?? I'm by Canada's wonderland

Scott610 08-15-16 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by VinceISF (Post 9585920)

Check YouTube there is a video on there

davidcausa 08-15-16 07:35 AM

yeah i believe there is a H&S thread on here with video of it running with ppe headers.

davidcausa 08-15-16 07:36 AM

here ya go
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...g-soon-32.html

Blizzard81 08-15-16 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by VinceISF (Post 9585992)
What part of Ontario?? I'm by Canada's wonderland

Haha. Me too. In vaughan.

Blizzard81 08-15-16 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Blizzard81 (Post 9586124)

There is one guy who drives a white isf. He parked behind me when i went to the lcbo in major mac and jane a few yrs ago. Haven t seen any other isf in vaughan since. I have a blue one.

Alizia 08-15-16 12:28 PM

I have the H&S exhaust, stock headers, Joe Z intake & aFe filter

this is what it sounds like

ignore my stupid voice
Now that I've had it for a couple weeks now I can say it definitely improved the sound altogether. It makes barely any noise when you're cruising / coasting and at 2k revs you can hear the humming noise. 3k+ revs is when it starts to sound really nice. So it definitely won't hurt your driving experience if you daily drive your F. I still hear some droning but it's not nearly as bad as the stock drone though. I do plan on getting headers this month so I'll keep you updated once I get those. I believe the headers would eliminate the little drone I have left and luckily for me emission tests in Ohio aren't required.

VinceISF 08-15-16 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by davidcausa (Post 9586077)

Thanks it doesn't really say too much but I glanced at it

VinceISF 08-15-16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Blizzard81 (Post 9586124)

Photo shoot some time???

Eedo123 08-15-16 01:46 PM

I'm Bathurst and Steeles, 2012 Silver IS-F , nice to see lots of Fs in the area : )

VinceISF 08-15-16 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eedo123 (Post 9586462)
I'm Bathurst and Steeles, 2012 Silver IS-F , nice to see lots of Fs in the area : )

We should organize a Vaughn car meet some time

SubOrbital 08-15-16 01:55 PM

I was just in Vaughn, albeit without my car.

VinceISF 08-15-16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Alizia (Post 9586365)
I have the H&S exhaust, stock headers, Joe Z intake & aFe filter

this is what it sounds like
Lexus IS-F Hayward & Scott H-Pipe noise - YouTube

ignore my stupid voice
Now that I've had it for a couple weeks now I can say it definitely improved the sound altogether. It makes barely any noise when you're cruising / coasting and at 2k revs you can hear the humming noise. 3k+ revs is when it starts to sound really nice. So it definitely won't hurt your driving experience if you daily drive your F. I still hear some droning but it's not nearly as bad as the stock drone though. I do plan on getting headers this month so I'll keep you updated once I get those. I believe the headers would eliminate the little drone I have left and luckily for me emission tests in Ohio aren't required.

How long did it take for you to receive it??