Fibrenew Leather Repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-16, 06:06 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fibrenew Leather Repair

Hey Guys,
So at the first ever Northeast Florida ISF MEGA meet (Which was awesome, 11 cars ) I was the only car with Alpine interior. During the meet, one of my "Friends" decided to rename my interior almond color because of how nasty the drivers seat was. It was at the moment I decided I had to do something about it and started looking around for options. Getting new seat covers was an option but would cost well into the $1000's.... so that was out of the picture for me. I tried "Deep cleaning" which made it slightly better but the damage from normal use was beyond that of cleaning. So upon recommendations i found on the forum i looked into a company called Fibrenew. I called them up and within 2 days the gentleman came out to repair my seats. It took about 2 hour and cost $175. I have attached pictures so everyone can see before/during/after. Its amazing. Just thought id put in a picutre from our meet

Old 08-04-16, 06:19 AM
xellos
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that's insane. How did they fix the cracking on the right side?
Old 08-04-16, 06:28 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

He used a pretty strong cleaner that stripped the seat down to the leather.. After that he actually got a portable sander out of his truck and proceeded to sand down the side bolster until a little dust started to accumulate.. He then put some agent on the area that he stated takes the dust and uses it to fill the cracks 75 percent of the way. It still wasnt perfectly smooth so he used a tiny bit of "filler" and then sanded that down creating a smooth surface. The process was really interesting.
Old 08-04-16, 06:51 AM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! That's a night and day difference. Looks good
Old 08-04-16, 07:27 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Holy crap dude, that turned out amazing! May have to call them up to fix my problems with the seats.
Old 08-04-16, 07:28 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh my! I looked these guys up...I think they're located in Boca. I'm definitely going to hit them up! What a dramatic difference. Congrats! Do you know if they travel as far as Miami?
Old 08-04-16, 07:56 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Not sure, but definitely give them a call. For the price i don't think there is a better option.

Last edited by H1_OFICR; 08-04-16 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-04-16, 08:42 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WHOA...what a before and after difference , looks so much better
Old 08-04-16, 09:18 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, they came out great.,. will def. give them a call. Thanks for sharing...
Old 08-04-16, 09:22 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Wow! Amazing they look great after that treatment/fix
Old 08-04-16, 09:42 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Impressive!

-Mike
Old 08-04-16, 09:45 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

incredible work for $175!!
Old 08-04-16, 10:27 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Insane work for $175. Definitely worth it!
Old 08-04-16, 10:40 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

that is impressive!!!!
Old 08-04-16, 11:11 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my fronts done by a Fibrenew guy also. It isn't 100% brand looking new, but I am content with it.
For those thinking about having this done by Fibrenew, just know a few things. I had mine done over year ago and the dye has held up, but I am still getting some cracking in some parts(I drive my ISF every few days out of the week). The dye is airbrushed on. With that said, there will be some overspray(I believe this is unavoidable). Notice in the OPs photos some overspray can be seen on the black leather area. They use painters tape to try and mask off the divide, and mine turned out like the OP also. I had overspray down by the seatbelt and in other crevices. I didn't like that part of the work. I thought I could live with it, but it later bothered me. I searched and couldn't find anything online that would remove overspray on leather(I really didn't want to use anything strong enough to destroy or dry out the leather, or the black dye). Anyways, I experimented with a few things, and of all things, I found babywipes worked great at removing the white dye overspray without removing the black dye underneath or drying the leather out(if wipes don't dry out a babys skin I figured it would be good enough for leather). The wipes took some hard scrubbing at first, but once its saturated for a bit, the overspray started to easily come off. Also, there is black(or is it blue) stitching on the white leather parts of the seat, the white dye completely turns the stitching white. Not to sound discouraging, but thought this should be addressed to those who are thinking about having this done to avoid any surprises or draw backs. It is still the least expensive alternative to reupholstering or changing your seats out.

Last edited by Fsport2UR; 08-04-16 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Fibrenew Leather Repair