Jondls33
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^ I agree!!! I want that diffuser!
Old 11-29-16, 10:43 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you guys so much, Really appreciate the kind words. I will snap more pictures as time goes on but I am struggling atm to get many photos out due to other commitments. I will make sure to measure the spoiler etc in case someone can make a replica??

Old 11-30-16, 06:12 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

+1 on the diffuser. Been wanting that since the first day I saw it!
Old 11-30-16, 10:01 AM
ISFMichael
Rookie

The car looks great! I too love that rear diffuser! I'm not a huge fan of that spoiler, but the carbon work on it is quality.
Old 11-30-16, 06:39 PM
themap
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That rear diffuser is great. The only real functional tested one too. I read that it uses real mounting points under the car too. I was looking for something like that for a while because I m not a big fan of how a lot of the offerings are just mostly on the back bumper and just for looks. I ended up just getting the s4play diffuser. But would love to find a trd isf one or similar.

Originally Posted by ISFMichael
The car looks great! I too love that rear diffuser! I'm not a huge fan of that spoiler, but the carbon work on it is quality.
Old 11-30-16, 06:40 PM
5ltrv8
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jondls33
^^^ I agree!!! I want that diffuser!
Hi Guys,

I don't want to hijack this thread, but Ive spoken with a friend of mine that builds custom composite parts for everything from GP motorcycles to rally cars.

He's agreed to use my car to fabricate a functional chassis mount diffuser that would be very similar in function and appearance to the CCS-P version we all love.
Will let you know as this project progresses.

Kellan
Old 11-30-16, 06:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by 5ltrv8
Hi Guys,

I don't want to hijack this thread, but Ive spoken with a friend of mine that builds custom composite parts for everything from GP motorcycles to rally cars.

He's agreed to use my car to fabricate a functional chassis mount diffuser that would be very similar in function and appearance to the CCS-P version we all love.

Kellan
Who is paying for the wind tunnel time?
Old 12-01-16, 04:10 AM
themap
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Who is paying for the wind tunnel time?

Haha, no need to if its like the TRD version. I was wondering why no other 3rd party offerings ever made a competing version and instead they stuck with the 'put it on the back bumper' (double sided tape and some screws into the bumper) for the looks' path vs using the under the car mounting points for the diffuser that TRD OEM one uses. The S4play is the closest but you still don't use the mounting points underneath the car and the fins aren't long enought to truly be functial at speed.
Old 12-01-16, 09:03 AM
ISFMichael
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 5ltrv8
Hi Guys,

Kellan
Yes please keep us posted on the progress of this!
Old 12-02-16, 08:22 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by themap
Haha, no need to if its like the TRD version. I was wondering why no other 3rd party offerings ever made a competing version and instead they stuck with the 'put it on the back bumper' (double sided tape and some screws into the bumper) for the looks' path vs using the under the car mounting points for the diffuser that TRD OEM one uses. The S4play is the closest but you still don't use the mounting points underneath the car and the fins aren't long enought to truly be functial at speed.
What are patent laws like surrounding automotive parts? I'm assuming not very strict because there seems to be a lot of replica products out there.It would be great to have a replica source for the IS-F TRD parts though, especially since Lexus has stopped producing them.
-R
Old 12-02-16, 08:39 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Funny thing is, the bumper looks like it was more designed around the TRD diffuser than the frumpy/boring insert that comes on the regular ISF.
Old 12-02-16, 03:22 PM
themap
Rookie

True! Its almost as if lexus built the bumber and underside thinking most people would option the trd diffuser. Then they went crazy in the pricing....

Originally Posted by LOWFAST
Funny thing is, the bumper looks like it was more designed around the TRD diffuser than the frumpy/boring insert that comes on the regular ISF.
Old 12-03-16, 10:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Drool !!!!!
Old 12-03-16, 10:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by themap
True! Its almost as if lexus built the bumber and underside thinking most people would option the trd diffuser. Then they went crazy in the pricing....
What is a bumber?
Old 12-04-16, 06:57 AM
themap
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
What is a bumber?
The bumber is the bumper's less than friendly cousin.

Last edited by themap; 12-04-16 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Typo

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F CCS-P