Lexus IS-F CCS-P

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-16, 01:14 AM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AshBechan
Hi Coryn,

I had debated using the magnesium wheels as track wheels but the money to repair any damage and the fact that I would hate to damage rare parts means I would love to see them sold and cared for rather than abused lol plus I doubt a set of 19" TE37's would come up often so I had to grab them instead.
Ash if I were to use a set of wheels for the track it'd be those aluminium ones you got on the car now.

I think there very similar to the ones that are on the orange CCSP race car IS-F.

There pretty much a designed race wheel anyway.
Old 08-16-16, 02:35 AM
AshBechan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Coryn,

Sadly I'm a bit fussy with OEM parts as I think you would be too in terms of looking after items.

I can't bring myself to use the BBS as track wheels, I'd rather risk/curb/damage the TE37'S than the rare wheels. Plus then I can go TE37 SL like your amazing set!
Old 08-16-16, 05:49 AM
babyzilla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...I never even knew this existed. Beautiful car!
Old 08-16-16, 01:25 PM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Hi Coryn,

Sadly I'm a bit fussy with OEM parts as I think you would be too in terms of looking after items.

I can't bring myself to use the BBS as track wheels, I'd rather risk/curb/damage the TE37'S than the rare wheels. Plus then I can go TE37 SL like your amazing set!
Fair enough man.

Old 08-16-16, 02:36 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice, and such a rare find! Never knew such a model existed.
Old 08-16-16, 07:57 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Beautiful car, I'm totally jealous! Those shots from the rear look bada$$

Originally Posted by autoz4me
Those magnesium wheels will be worth alot of money man make sure you get paid for those they are about as rare as it gets when it comes to wheels also.I'm pretty sure there made by BBS.
I believe the wheels are actually made by TWS. The aluminum forged rims:
http://www.tws-forged.com/tws_t66-f.html

and the Mg forged rims (although they're not Mg, but you can tell all the details are the same, and this is the only company I've come across offering Mg rims):
http://www.tws-forged.com/tws_exlete_118f_mono.html

If you're ever feeling bored, feel free to measure the width and height of that wing front and back :P It might be a good reference for those wanting to use an aftermarket wing since the TRD wing was wind tunnel tested.
Good luck with the sale of those Mg rims, I'm not sure many can afford them, but don't let them go for cheap!
-R
Old 08-17-16, 12:09 AM
AshBechan
Rookie

Hi,

I think you are correct, I couldnt find any markings on the wheels after looking at them just now, the stickers that are usually on the barrels are not there so I cannot confirm what brand they are but I believe your findings are right.

I will measure the carbon wing tomorrow after work and post the measurements for you guys.

Thank you for the kind words, I will have some clean up pictures of the diffuser for you guys to see the weave and workmanship along with the part number should anyone need it.
Old 08-18-16, 12:23 PM
DarthChu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare indeed

Didn't know there was such a car, nice one! Definitely Rare one.
Old 08-22-16, 12:37 AM
AshBechan
Rookie

Hi guys,

So a few days ago I pulled off the rear diffuser to clean up and snapped some pictures. Here is one while I will upload the rest after work. Very light and beautiful
workmanship
Old 08-22-16, 02:22 AM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Hi guys,

So a few days ago I pulled off the rear diffuser to clean up and snapped some pictures. Here is one while I will upload the rest after work. Very light and beautiful
workmanship
No surprises there Ash I remember when I got my TRD bonnet for the Supra a decade ago and It's figment was spot on.

Much like that diffuser its OEM quality.

Its pretty much what I'd expect from TRD personally.

Unlike most aftermarket diffusers bonnets and such is the TRD stuff is wind tunnel tested and proven aerodynamically to work

Not like a lot of the aftermarket stuff which is look good first aero benefits who know's.

Last edited by autoz4me; 08-22-16 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-22-16, 06:05 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I wan that diffuser.....I may have to fly to NZ and take it 😛 jk really wish their parts weren't so expensive. I don't remember the exact cost but I remember it being ungodly for a piece that small.
Old 08-22-16, 08:09 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

The diffuser is really nice. A few more pictures, I finally cleaned the leather interior and while the physical damage is still in need of repair I managed to get the dirt/stains out rather well. I will go over the leather later down the line another time to give it another deep clean but for now I am letting the conditioner take care of the cleaning product.

I used the Meguiars APC dilution 11:1 just because I was worried I might damage the leather. I repeated the application on a damp microfiber cloth a few times due to the dilution being a little weak but it worked like a charm. Wiping down the seats with APC to remove light dirt followed by a Meguiars interior bush with some APC on it using a gentle but firm scrub followed by a final wipe down with APC.

Old 09-02-16, 10:15 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Managed to snap a picture while I caught up with a friend in another IS-F.

Old 11-27-16, 01:59 PM
AshBechan
Rookie

Hi guys,

Been a bit busy with work and photography but anyway I managed to get a set of TE37's as my track wheels in preparation for the upcoming track day on December 13th. I was very hesitant to use my OEM wheels for fear of damaging them so the TE's are a welcomed safety measure. Will be cleaning things up as time becomes available but for now it is very
busy.
Old 11-27-16, 04:18 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

This is amazing

Hi guys,

Been a bit busy with work and photography but anyway I managed to get a set of TE37's as my track wheels in preparation for the upcoming track day on December 13th. I was very hesitant to use my OEM wheels for fear of damaging them so the TE's are a welcomed safety measure. Will be cleaning things up as time becomes available but for now it is very
busy.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS-F CCS-P