IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rear Sunroof Drain Tube

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-20, 06:08 PM
omar804
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bet that's the problem i have, i have 2002 lexus es300 with soggy rear seat carpet when it rains. i'm gonna check this out tomorrow
Old 09-09-21, 09:28 AM
Ksilva8182
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Joe Z

^^^ Looks like there was body work & paint done on that rear quarter panel...

After tucking the drain tube out of the way, they never reconnected it after the work was completed..!!

SMH

Joe Z
where exactly is this ? Behind rear seat ???
Old 08-04-23, 11:02 AM
LexyLoo
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
This happens in a ton of cars. Just FYI if you can get air you can always get pipe cleaners from the store. The ones you used to use in pre-school when making art projects like caterpillars. They ususually get clogged at the end of the tubes and that creates blocking.

Glad you found it in time before any serious damage.
Hi, I am following all the info posted here, have the same issue a swamp in the backseat floorboards. Pulling stuff apart to try to 1st) determine if drain tubes are working/not clogged...however I keep wondering...even if they WERE clogged, how would the water end up on the floorboards? it seems it would back up to the source, the sunroof, and leak through it, like down on your heads...but there is no evidence of water in the car except for the floorboards. I'll keep at it but wondering about this water and where else it travels- I found the tube in the trunk and all around trunk and wheel wells is bone dry. water is on both sides of rear, and front passenger. I kept the air off for a week and it did not get wet. Drove fast through a rain storm last night and the back floor boards were soaked, more the front. any suggestions welcome! I cannot afford to take it to a dealer or mechanic just want to stop the leak and avoid mold. thank you!
Old 08-04-23, 02:54 PM
mferg02
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexyLoo
Hi, I am following all the info posted here, have the same issue a swamp in the backseat floorboards. Pulling stuff apart to try to 1st) determine if drain tubes are working/not clogged...however I keep wondering...even if they WERE clogged, how would the water end up on the floorboards? it seems it would back up to the source, the sunroof, and leak through it, like down on your heads...but there is no evidence of water in the car except for the floorboards. I'll keep at it but wondering about this water and where else it travels- I found the tube in the trunk and all around trunk and wheel wells is bone dry. water is on both sides of rear, and front passenger. I kept the air off for a week and it did not get wet. Drove fast through a rain storm last night and the back floor boards were soaked, more the front. any suggestions welcome! I cannot afford to take it to a dealer or mechanic just want to stop the leak and avoid mold. thank you!
If you want to diagnosis where the water is coming from, a drive through car wash would most likely work for you. Take it through and start checking right when you get out.