IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Second most exciting addition within the past year !

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-16, 04:10 AM
Schumi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Second most exciting addition within the past year !

After a couple of years of pondering this purchase and more than a few months browsing these forums, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 USB F.

Being able to share this moment with my little guy makes it all the more special.

Would just like to take this opportunity to thank all of the contributing members to this forum as it provides a wealth of information for anyone looking to make this purchase.

I intend to use the F as a daily driver and look forward to how it handles the Canadian winter.

Three years ago, one of my colleagues picked up an E90 M3. Ever since my first ride in that M3, that intoxicating V8 soundtrack has stuck with me. I stopped considering the M3 after the litany of pricey repairs it required (both throttle actuators, flywheel & clutch) and never mind the potential rod bearing issue.

A few months ago, there was a 2008 ISF that was introduced to the office building and after chatting with the owner, found out that he has ~240K km with just normal maintenance required. This pretty much sealed the decision for me.

I have not pushed the F yet as it requires some new rubber. It is still on the original PS2s on the front and the previous owner shod it with no name all season tires on the back -
Attached Thumbnails Second most exciting addition within the past year !-cl2-.jpg   Second most exciting addition within the past year !-cl3.jpg   Second most exciting addition within the past year !-cl4-.jpg   Second most exciting addition within the past year !-cl1.jpg  
Old 05-15-16, 05:12 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Glad to see another member from Ontario. Welcome

Also interesting to note yours didn't come with the usual '11 wheels. Did Canadian-spec cars not have that option?
Old 05-15-16, 05:40 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Great purchase, congrats. I was also swayed away from an e92 M3 due to all of the issues they always have. I purchased my 08 ISF back in November and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made.
Old 05-15-16, 05:45 AM
Temptation
Pole Position

Aren't you a bit "young" to sit behind the driver seat? (j/k)
Great color choice......any plans on modding this baby of yours?
Old 05-15-16, 05:59 AM
Schumi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by M4rk
Glad to see another member from Ontario. Welcome

Also interesting to note yours didn't come with the usual '11 wheels. Did Canadian-spec cars not have that option?
Thanks Mark. I have not seen any Canadian 2011's with the US spec wheels, so I assume that we did not have that option.
Old 05-15-16, 06:06 AM
Schumi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Temptation
Aren't you a bit "young" to sit behind the driver seat? (j/k)
Great color choice......any plans on modding this baby of yours?
I would love to get some wheels with better offsets, a front lip (for the summer), and a front drop (though I am concerned about making it through the winter with the drop). Also potentially looking into the LCA bushings. I just wish parts accessibility was as easy as most of you guys in the States.
Old 05-15-16, 07:13 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Schumi
I would love to get some wheels with better offsets, a front lip (for the summer), and a front drop (though I am concerned about making it through the winter with the drop). Also potentially looking into the LCA bushings. I just wish parts accessibility was as easy as most of you guys in the States.
If you do get a chance @ the LCA bushings, go for it. Makes a HUGE difference. You can't go wrong with figs or RRRacing.
Old 05-15-16, 09:14 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks awesome!

I took my two little guys with me on an overnight trip to pick up my F earlier this year from a member on this forum and showed them the correct way to buy a car!! Gotta make a weekend out of it!
Old 05-15-16, 09:36 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Mark. I have not seen any Canadian 2011's with the US spec wheels, so I assume that we did not have that option.
Congratulations and welcome! You're correct in assuming there were no options for wheels; that is the correct style for Canadian spec.
Old 05-15-16, 11:02 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

+ 2 Congratulations & welcome.

Great pic of the next generation F enthusiast.
Old 05-15-16, 11:32 AM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey man, congrats on the car! and regarding the parts from the U.S., I live in Toronto and I ordered and received my shipment of the RR Racing bushings and it took about a week or so, and $40 for customs, all in all, it's not too bad, just wanted to give you an idea of how it went for me.
Old 05-15-16, 03:00 PM
Schumi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by idoke1
If you do get a chance @ the LCA bushings, go for it. Makes a HUGE difference. You can't go wrong with figs or RRRacing.
Thanks for the feedback, I figured the LCA bushing might get the F a couple of notches closer to the M3 in the handling dept.

Originally Posted by Jz39
Looks awesome!

I took my two little guys with me on an overnight trip to pick up my F earlier this year from a member on this forum and showed them the correct way to buy a car!! Gotta make a weekend out of it!
Originally Posted by tas02
+ 2 Congratulations & welcome.

Great pic of the next generation F enthusiast.
Thanks guys, definitely hope to be able to experience some memorable road trips with the little guy.

Originally Posted by Eedo123
Hey man, congrats on the car! and regarding the parts from the U.S., I live in Toronto and I ordered and received my shipment of the RR Racing bushings and it took about a week or so, and $40 for customs, all in all, it's not too bad, just wanted to give you an idea of how it went for me.
Good to know Eedo, any feedback on the bushings on our potholed roads ?
Old 05-15-16, 08:18 PM
Blizzard81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a look at the wheels, they are not the same as the US 2008 or 2009 rims either as they are chrome in the front and dark on the back. Your US spec Neiman Marcus wheels were stock 'options' here. I have a 2010 with these same wheels. You could select which rim you wanted your car with when bought new from the dealer. These or the ones you guys have on 2010, 2011. Not sure if the 2012 to 2014 had that option of picking your rims though.
Old 05-16-16, 12:08 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats!!!
Old 05-17-16, 08:26 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

congrats and welcome, the car looks spectacularly clean for a 2011 with 260km. Nice choice I'm sure you won't regret getting the ISF

Quick Reply: Second most exciting addition within the past year !