IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

F THE TRACK!!Track Day and INFO video from WHP Main Track ,with driving commentary!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-16, 10:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default F THE TRACK!!Track Day and INFO video from WHP Main Track ,with driving commentary!!!

Hey guys wanted share some new video I made. I recently started a Facebook page and YouTube channel called, F THE TRACK. I have picked up almost 500 followers of the page on Facebook in less than 10 days !!!!!! I have added a TON of IS-F track video and F related performance content for you guys and the internet. There is obviously an interest in the Facebook page. If you are curious or interested check it out on Facebook and join the fun. YouTube only 29 Subscribers.

What I have started doing is adding commentary while driving as to what is going on with the car, with me, and with the other cars on the track. I figured it involves the viewer more and it allows me to enjoy even more. I also made a general info first time track day video for people wondering what happens and how everything functions and flows at these events.

I took the advice of Lobuxracer and tried out a different camera angle where my hands are visible. I must say, as usual, that F'er knows whats up. I had a tiny bit of bleaching in the first session ( relative to the older videos) but no deal breakers. I miss the wider angle but I do like seeing how fast I am with the counter steer.

I will admit that I am totally impressed with my stock oem brakes. They are still holding up amazingly well and were as quiet as a church mouse after 19 stops from 130-80mph and that's at 5mm thickness before the first session today . Not trying to go back and fourth on pads ( I promise ), but I do think that I owe it to the rest to know that the oem set up has worked amazingly well in my 15 track days on 6 tracks and 29k miles on the street. ( Pads, rotors, and fluid) . I am also very impressed with the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R. This set of tires hold on to the bitter end. I thought today going to be a disaster of under steer and plow . Although it was there and reared its head a bit more, as expected in session 2 with the higher temps, they held very well considering their condition after 3 track days inside 1 month. Poor things . I am still going to take them down a bit before replacing them but will admit I miss them at 10/10ths. It still confuses me when people say they like worn tires for grip. LOL. Not true in my direct experience. At least not like I kill tires

I must say I did some pretty solid driving out there considering my tires are 80% toast. Literally passed everything in front me out there. EVERYTHING !! I was fighting the under steer again here like AMP but not nearly as bad. Also go to hit a new max speed record on track......132 mph on a 5/8 straight (includes braking zone )!!!

All in all it was another amazing day filled with great times, great corners, and meeting and hanging out with the coolest people I have ever met. Everyone out there is so passionate, friendly, and humble. Its really a unique environment, and one that I am clearly addicted too.

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THE VIDEOS !!!! ( btw I cleaned up the language.....a bit )

Attached Thumbnails F THE TRACK!!Track Day and INFO video from WHP Main Track ,with driving commentary!!!-5317164.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 04-17-16 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-17-16, 07:53 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for Sharing brother. I can't wait to get out this summer!!
Old 04-17-16, 09:40 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kauaian
Thanks for Sharing brother. I can't wait to get out this summer!!

Thanks Kauaian !! You got the GOOD stuff to play with . Between the Nurburgring and the the new suspension parts. I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED TO SEE YOUR VIDEOS !!

If you ever wanted to add some video or pics to the F THE TRACK page on Facebook, it would be an honor to have some of your ring pics and video or anything you have from across the pond. I created the page and the channel to get ISF owners out on the track and to show the rest of the world what these cars can do with little to no mods, and maybe down the line, what they can do with some mild mods like wheels and suspension.
Old 04-17-16, 12:00 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Diggin the commentary haha

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-17-16, 12:51 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Looks your having fun out there..wow, I can't believe you're more relax driving...my hands is at 9 and 3 all the time...
Old 04-17-16, 01:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Diggin the commentary haha

-Josh

Thanks man. Seems like most who have seen it dig it too. My friends told me it involves the viewer more and makes it funny. Why are all track videos silent ? F that !!! Not on mine any more. Too much fun to sit there silent .

Originally Posted by chris07is
Looks your having fun out there..wow, I can't believe you're more relax driving...my hands is at 9 and 3 all the time...
I am relaxed once I get going. On grid my heart is always pounding like you are about to fight someone. lol

I all seriousness most of it is my size. I have to put my elbow against the b pillar to take the G's. The normal sized humans get to use the bolsters to hold them in. MY back is so wide i barely fits and the bolsters on the bottom dont do much unless you are narrow enough to fit in between them . Most drivers sit in the chair. I sit ON the chair. Was talking to another track F'er last night on Facebook about it. I thought I was 6'5" 290. Went to my Dr last week and it turns out I am 6'6" 303 lbs. I grew eating all those damn bimmers !! LMAO In all honesty the only car I have ever fit in properly was my LS460 and a Ferrari F12 I had a chance to sit in. You adapt I guess. So when my left hand drops its because my elbow is against the b pillar. If I turn left I actually grip the wheel for fight the G's. I am afraid my big *** is going to rip the steering wheel off on some turns. I had a patient who was 6'5" who was an auto engineer for Ford and he told me that the safety systems and even the seating are not designed to hold or protect very very tall or short people. I have to duck a little when driving with the helmet too if I look to the left to avoid the edge of the sun roof.
Old 04-17-16, 01:18 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Lol...kinda figure that your big and need more cabin space for you...im short, so I sit in the seat..lol...
Old 04-17-16, 03:16 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thanks man. Seems like most who have seen it dig it too. My friends told me it involves the viewer more and makes it funny. Why are all track videos silent ? F that !!! Not on mine any more. Too much fun to sit there silent .

I am relaxed once I get going. On grid my heart is always pounding like you are about to fight someone. lol

I all seriousness most of it is my size. I have to put my elbow against the b pillar to take the G's. The normal sized humans get to use the bolsters to hold them in. MY back is so wide i barely fits and the bolsters on the bottom dont do much unless you are narrow enough to fit in between them . Most drivers sit in the chair. I sit ON the chair. Was talking to another track F'er last night on Facebook about it. I thought I was 6'5" 290. Went to my Dr last week and it turns out I am 6'6" 303 lbs. I grew eating all those damn bimmers !! LMAO In all honesty the only car I have ever fit in properly was my LS460 and a Ferrari F12 I had a chance to sit in. You adapt I guess. So when my left hand drops its because my elbow is against the b pillar. If I turn left I actually grip the wheel for fight the G's. I am afraid my big *** is going to rip the steering wheel off on some turns. I had a patient who was 6'5" who was an auto engineer for Ford and he told me that the safety systems and even the seating are not designed to hold or protect very very tall or short people. I have to duck a little when driving with the helmet too if I look to the left to avoid the edge of the sun roof.
Hmmm...I'm seeing a GSF in your future...hahaha. I'm enjoying the videos, hopefully one day I'll get out there myself.
Old 04-17-16, 07:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Hmmm...I'm seeing a GSF in your future...hahaha. I'm enjoying the videos, hopefully one day I'll get out there myself.
God willing !! I love the GSF. I still think the extra 300 lbs isnt going to help but if its set up better than the ISF then it should be good. I still like my F.

So glad you dig the video. If I can inspire anyone to get out there and do a track day or at least show others how capable the car is stock and with mild mods, I am a happy camper. In the mean time I am sure there will be more videos to come.

I promised the wife that WHP Main Track was going to be my last one for a few months while it heats up here but I was literally thinking about the next track day on the way home from the track. Need to figure a way to break it to her. AMP is coming up in a few weeks I think. ( Need to check the schedule). Now that I have gotten comfortable with Harry's Lap Timer I want to hit the tracks all over again and start shooting for lap times as opposed to simply learning and having fun. Of course that will always be a part of it, but now a little more focus on times. Essentially I am going to start racing me and my F .
Old 04-18-16, 07:22 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

You need a custom seat. It would improve your driving like you can't imagine. Driver stability in the car is one of the most important things you can address.
Old 04-18-16, 08:13 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Can't believe they let you run with short-sleeve and shorts.
Old 04-18-16, 09:42 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You need a custom seat. It would improve your driving like you can't imagine. Driver stability in the car is one of the most important things you can address.
Both of the HPDE organizations that I've used for track days required that the passenger seat & restraints must be the same type as the driver. However, I've only done group 1 with instructors in the car.. Are solo drivers typically subject the same kind of rule?

-Mike
Old 04-18-16, 09:56 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Both of the HPDE organizations that I've used for track days required that the passenger seat & restraints must be the same type as the driver. However, I've only done group 1 with instructors in the car.. Are solo drivers typically subject the same kind of rule?

-Mike

No. The only reason for this is instructor safety. It is a very dangerous job.
Old 04-18-16, 10:04 AM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The commentary definitely adds a more surreal feel and you learn as you go also. Keep the videos coming!
Old 04-18-16, 10:35 AM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet track videos, I remember when I used to do this many track events a year. Good times.....

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I can agree with this 100% , I got a pretty nice CF OMP containment seat for the race car and everyone always talks about how great it is when they drive on my team. You have to work so much less and feel so much of the car when you are constrained well.

Quick Reply: F THE TRACK!!Track Day and INFO video from WHP Main Track ,with driving commentary!!!