IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Equal Length, Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-16, 12:27 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

How can you post this without video clips!! You're killing me!!

Lucky you though. :P

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-07-16, 02:56 AM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I knew i was holding out on headers for a reason! Hope these go into production.

Sound CLIP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-16, 05:25 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Wait, if I understood correctly...in order to fit these long tube headers? I would also need to have the PPE exhaust? Or else it wouldn't work?
Old 04-07-16, 06:19 AM
KLexus50
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Wait, if I understood correctly...in order to fit these long tube headers? I would also need to have the PPE exhaust? Or else it wouldn't work?
That is correct. In order to get the LT portion on both sides, the flange point between the headers/exhaust had to be moved further back then OEM.

Last edited by KLexus50; 04-07-16 at 08:42 AM. Reason: wrong wording
Old 04-07-16, 06:29 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks KLexus50 for clarifying...well damn count me out then. Standard PPE Headers it is then!
Old 04-07-16, 07:57 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KLexus50
That is correct. In order to get the correct EL on both sides, the flange point between the headers/exhaust had to be moved further back then OEM.
or custom mid pipe.

I for one would be interested in a set for sure depending on cost.
Old 04-07-16, 08:06 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Because of the requirement of having the PPE exhaust for these headers that'll definitely make this mod for a very small market, I don't know how many PPE exhausts have been sold, but it can't be that many, let alone members here on CL that don't already have headers..... to bad they won't fit a Joe-Z exhaust & Borla they would have a ton more customers for these for sure.
Old 04-07-16, 08:11 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Because of the requirement of having the PPE exhaust for these headers that'll definitely make this mod for a very small market, I don't know how many PPE exhausts have been sold, but it can't be that many, let alone members here on CL that don't already have headers..... to bad they won't fit a Joe-Z exhaust & Borla they would have a ton more customers for these for sure.
I'd definitely switch from my sikky to these if they would work with the Borla.
Old 04-07-16, 08:26 AM
dprada01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo just to clarify rcf headers fit?
I can careless about the rear section as I'm making my custom exhaust.
Old 04-07-16, 08:38 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider

While discussing this with them, I suggested that if modified RCF Headers wouldn't fit, maybe they could accomplish the equal length task by using long tubes. Well, it seems that RCF headers will in fact fit in an ISF, and the headers they built for me were also Long Tube. How sweet is that?

But, the EL, LT headers must be used with the PPE Exhaust due to the exit point of the collector.

Looks like it.

But like some have stated already. Most of us already have an aftermarket exhaust that will not be able to utilize this option. I for one do not feel like hacking up my JoeZ

But PPE makes a beautiful product!
Old 04-07-16, 08:45 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really understand why they don't fit other exhausts? All the exhaust thus far even the PPE was designed to fit the factory headers, the long tube would extend further back.

I have a PPE exhaust myself and there's no ball in socket where the long tube headers would come too so custom work would be required. Maybe it's because the PPE exhaust has enough straight pipe that it can be cut and a new ball in socket can be welded in? I'm just not clear why the same couldn't work for other exhaust manufactures...admittedly I'll less familiar with the bending on borla and joez.

Will this be an actual product? Or something that was just done custom for Lou?
Old 04-07-16, 09:02 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
I don't really understand why they don't fit other exhausts? All the exhaust thus far even the PPE was designed to fit the factory headers, the long tube would extend further back.

I have a PPE exhaust myself and there's no ball in socket where the long tube headers would come too so custom work would be required. Maybe it's because the PPE exhaust has enough straight pipe that it can be cut and a new ball in socket can be welded in? I'm just not clear why the same couldn't work for other exhaust manufactures...admittedly I'll less familiar with the bending on borla and joez.

I think it can be done on the Borla or JoeZ, PPE would probably just need to supply the "female" end of the ball/joint setup and you can most likely have any muffler shop cut and weld it on. The two should mate up, the ball/joint setup that PPE uses is excellent.

edit: looks like you "might" have to fabricate a new section on your midpipe for it to line up since according to Lou the bends are different.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 04-07-16 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-07-16, 09:11 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,282 Posts

As alluded in the first post, it was done:

1. Because PPE has received a lot of requests from ISF owners for Equal Length Headers.

And

2. PPE wanted to see if it was feasible.

3. In the quest for more power.

4. To gauge CL member's interest.

I don't really understand why they don't fit other exhausts?
As far as fitment, to fit in the ISF, PPE needed to curve the rear portion inward, so for any exhaust, even the current PPE, a new front section would need to be fabricated.

As far as RCF EL headers fitting, they do, but the RCF has a larger exit at the collector then the ISF. So either the intake flange on the ISF exhaust (either stock or aftermarket) would need to be enlarged or the collector flange on the header would need to be made smaller. Both solutions are definitely doable.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 04-07-16 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-07-16, 10:27 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

so since I was really interested in these I talked with PPE, pricing for the long tubes put these $500 more than the RCF equal length headers so $3249.99 stainless and $3549.99 in black ceramic coating.

Pricing isn't bad but your close to Novel territory for equal length headers that just bolt up and sound amazing.

I for one wish these were cheaper as I want to sell mine used to get these but that's not feasible with that cost. Don't let me discount them though, these are worth the money just not to me right now.
Old 04-07-16, 10:43 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Sure wish I had waited for these before buying PPE's unequal length headers & their exhaust just a few months ago.

These should make more power than Novel's due to the long tube design.

Why the $500 increase in price over the RCF?

Dennis

Quick Reply: PPE Equal Length, Long Tube Headers