IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone had a run in with a Scat Pack yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-16, 11:22 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drok149
All posted in the drag thread along with a nice 3 minute video of my runs from one of the nights this past spring. Mine has full interior, stock wheels and my daily driver.
Took awhile to find your runs but I'm impressed! I didn't see what mods you have during those passes.
Old 08-24-16, 09:30 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by Fsportme:

"Time slip?"

Drok149 has posted numerous photos of his time slips & videos documenting his multiple 11 sec. runs & mods.

The search function is your friend.
Old 02-08-17, 10:13 AM
Scat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
So I just checked one of the Dodge forums and found out that the stock scat packs are approximately in 420whp range bone stock! Wouldn't that mean that they are at about 500hp Crank in that case? Very impressive for a stock motor.. Dare I say, It makes me kind of want to get a charger instead of an F now hahaha. Too bad they don't handle that we'll :/ Wonder what they do modified??

Edit : Also, did you guys know that there's a supercharger kit for the scat pack that puts it up to 900hp??? That's damn crazy! Lol. I don't think the ISF will ever come close to that until Toyota stops playing around and gives us the 3JZ

Gents,
Thought you might be interested in this article - Scat Pack with Kenne Bell SC making approx 900hp at the crank, 10.38 1/4 times:

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/say-s...s-power-spare/

Enjoy -
Friendly 392 owner

Last edited by Scat; 02-08-17 at 10:17 AM. Reason: wrong link..
Old 02-08-17, 10:58 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Scat
Gents,
Thought you might be interested in this article - Scat Pack with Kenne Bell SC making approx 900hp at the crank, 10.38 1/4 times:

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/say-s...s-power-spare/

Enjoy -
Friendly 392 owner
Thanks for the article. Very interesting and seems like he's put in a ton of time and work into the car for sure!
One interesting thing is that the ET of 10.3 is impressive, but for a 900hp car to run that time and trap at 132 mph is a lil questionable. ISFs equipped with the RR Racing supercharger are trapping consistent 129s with approx 600 HP (although a full second slower to the finish line).

V.
Old 02-09-17, 07:38 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of if not all Toyota/Lexus performance vehicles are NOT geared for 1/4 mile run times and never have been. If you look back at the performance line they're are usually not geared for the drag strip. Usually when they build their performance line they are building them for the ring and not the drag. I have yet to see an aggressively geared Toyota/Lexus since the 3rd generation Supra NA with sports option that got a 4.30 LSD rear end.
Old 02-09-17, 07:54 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
Most of if not all Toyota/Lexus performance vehicles are NOT geared for 1/4 mile run times and never have been. If you look back at the performance line they're are usually not geared for the drag strip. Usually when they build their performance line they are building them for the ring and not the drag. I have yet to see an aggressively geared Toyota/Lexus since the 3rd generation Supra NA with sports option that got a 4.30 LSD rear end.
What about the 2nd generation IS350? The gears on them are short. Final ratio of I think 4.08 and a really aggressive 1st gear. As a matter of fact, the only reason it can hang with its competitors in acceleration (such as the G37) is due to its gearing. It feels strong up to 100 and then falls flat.. Stock anyway.
Old 02-09-17, 09:49 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
What about the 2nd generation IS350? The gears on them are short. Final ratio of I think 4.08 and a really aggressive 1st gear. As a matter of fact, the only reason it can hang with its competitors in acceleration (such as the G37) is due to its gearing. It feels strong up to 100 and then falls flat.. Stock anyway.
Yes it's sporty and it's an Intelligent Sport hence IS. But it's not marketed as a Performance vehicle. Kind of like Celica compared to Supra. It's marketed as "sporty". Don't take it as I'm bashing it cause I am not.
Old 02-09-17, 09:17 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

A higher trap speed and slower ET is also generally due to lack of traction. Means ISF can't even put down 600hp haha
Old 02-09-17, 10:07 PM
supersonic
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

it astounds me how well our cars are keeping up to this day against major competitors. i drove my buddys F80 M3 and i am sure i can pull on him quite a bit...didnt try though...traffic...
Old 02-10-17, 10:18 AM
Scat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Thanks for the article. Very interesting and seems like he's put in a ton of time and work into the car for sure!
One interesting thing is that the ET of 10.3 is impressive, but for a 900hp car to run that time and trap at 132 mph is a lil questionable. ISFs equipped with the RR Racing supercharger are trapping consistent 129s with approx 600 HP (although a full second slower to the finish line).

V.
Sure thing – glad to contribute!

Light car with 600hp is definitely receipt for fast! Right now, there are a lot of great options for car guys! As for this Scat, I would point out that he is only running approx. 8.5lbs of boost, which equates to approximately 765HP, well below the 900hp capability. With the proper setup, they could achieve must faster times. There’s always something bigger/faster, so I’m not trying to go down that path, just want to provide some addition insight, which might of use or not..lol

On that note, this will be my last post. As a fellow car guy, thanks for allowing me into your world to share some info. As car guys, I think it’s in our DNA to size each other up and talk a little smack - but at the end of the day it all boils down to the same thing – passion for cars!

Thanks again – Have fun on the roads and keep safe.

All the best,

Old 06-21-17, 05:18 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Pulled up to what I thought was a 392 was a HellCat instead and got absolutely smoked. HellCat is no joke.
Old 06-21-17, 06:31 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Lol. Well it did do the only thing it's good at.
Old 06-21-17, 06:44 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Pulled up to what I thought was a 392 was a HellCat instead and got absolutely smoked. HellCat is no joke.
I ran up against a Hellcat on my way to the 7 am Sunday bike ride. Had my bike rack and two bikes on the back with a passenger. He pulled me, but I was disappointed at how little. Only about a car and a half up to 80 mph. I really thought he would just leave me for dead, but it wasn't like that at all. Of course, I have no idea how seriously he took the challenge, but we diced a little for a few lights before we got to a side by side red with a completely empty stretch in front of us (no side entries for about 3/4 mile). Oddly enough, I got to show him how the F corners at the on ramp about 2 miles down from the acceleration test. He didn't stand a chance - I know the turn and know the fast line through it. So it was fun both ways...
Old 06-21-17, 09:32 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Had a good couple of pulls with a 392 Challenger a few months ago and pulled on him pretty good every time, eventually he pulled way back as he didn't want anymore of the FBO ISF

I'm assuming he was stock but don't know for sure but he didn't expect that for sure!
Old 06-22-17, 11:47 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin727
Yeah that sounds about accurate, even in my mr2 the gearing isn't ideal for drag racing. But it made up for it being the same HP as my ISF and the power/weight ratio is ridiculous

Quick Reply: Anyone had a run in with a Scat Pack yet?