ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   I had 2012 suspension installed on my 08 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/816644-i-had-2012-suspension-installed-on-my-08-a.html)

zebani 03-15-16 06:41 PM

I had 2012 suspension installed on my 08

Last week I bought a set of '12 suspensions and had them installed on my car today. I love how instant and how noticeable the difference was. I am loving my new mod :)

kiryu 03-15-16 06:46 PM

Interesting. I am sure a lot of pre-2011 folks would be interested in doing that as well...might be cheaper than paying the premium for the 2011+

care to share how much you spent overall?

zebani 03-15-16 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by kiryu (Post 9408308)
Interesting. I am sure a lot of pre-2011 folks would be interested in doing that as well...might be cheaper than paying the premium for the 2011+

care to share how much you spent overall?

I paid around $500 for the suspension and another $350 for the installation. I was initially planning on getting KW coilovers but I couldn't really find anything that would fit in my budget. So i decided to go with '12 suspensions! I might still get KWs down the road but for now I am happy with how the car drives :)

kiryu 03-15-16 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by zebani (Post 9408332)
I paid around $500 for the suspension and another $350 for the installation. I was initially planning on getting KW coilovers but I couldn't really find anything that would fit in my budget. So i decided to go with '12 suspensions! I might still get KWs down the road but for now I am happy with how the car drives :)

that's really good deal.....great decision

is it that big of an improvement? I have never sat in a pre 2011

blackisF08 03-15-16 07:38 PM

i would love to do this over coil overs since i am keeping the stock height, would you mind sharing where you got it from? i am guessing it wasn't from the dealer lol

MWIS350 03-15-16 08:02 PM

How smoother is your car after 2012 suspension 1-10?

Pie 03-15-16 08:33 PM

I would say it's 50% smoother. You can still feel all the bumps, but they're more smoothed out and less jarring.

I got mine off the forum for $450 and did my own install. It was a no brainer considering the price for me.

zebani 03-15-16 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by kiryu (Post 9408338)
that's really good deal.....great decision

is it that big of an improvement? I have never sat in a pre 2011

I would say yes, at least for the amount of money spent it made a pretty big difference.

Originally Posted by blackisF08 (Post 9408379)
i would love to do this over coil overs since i am keeping the stock height, would you mind sharing where you got it from? i am guessing it wasn't from the dealer lol

I bought it from a buddy of mine. His car had around 15K miles on it when he removed the suspension but they pop up on on Ebay every once in awhile. If you want to buy the parts from the dealer they should run around $1500 or so, someone did the math before let me try to find the thread, but once you are in the $1500 ballpark you might want to go with the coilovers. To each their own of course :)

Originally Posted by MWIS350 (Post 9408408)
How smoother is your car after 2012 suspension 1-10?

6 - 6.5 :) definitely at least 50% improvement if not more. I might be a little bit biased now since I just got them installed and am still in the honeymoon period,

MWIS350 03-15-16 09:02 PM

50% improve is pretty good. I just don't like the harsh ride on 2008-2010. I wonder if BC Racing coilover will do the same but $1,000.

nks979 03-15-16 09:45 PM

Could have sworn i saw this thread a few months ago, only the person who made it said they had to make some modifications that came out to a lot more than ~850, did you guys only change coilovers? Definitely my next mod if you really can smooth out the ride that much for under 1k.

hamooduae 03-16-16 12:46 AM

i had leak in my 08 shocks and wanted to upgrade to 12 =)
LEXUS DEALERS IN UAE , do not have SHOCKS available , i cant believe it ~
i have to wait 45 days or 2 months for shocks to come !!!!
did u order them online zebani ?

is it ok i just install the rear ones with tikico shocks ?

Zelfiris 03-16-16 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by zebani (Post 9408298)
Last week I bought a set of '12 suspensions and had them installed on my car today. I love how instant and how noticeable the difference was. I am loving my new mod :)

The '12 also maintains the same wheel gap at the front, is that right?

STLblueF 03-16-16 07:45 AM

I did this a month or so ago, except mine were 2011 shocks with swift springs. Here was my post:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...de-review.html

Originally Posted by STLblueF (Post 9375079)
So in my paranoia of eBay deals slipping through, I jumped on a set of 2011 shocks including swift springs and the whole shebang. Buy it now was accepted at less than $500 including shipping. I thought in my head that the worst that could happen is I don't like it at all and flip them on the for sale forum or eBay. Boy was I wrong.

This is definitely my favorite mod so far. I'm not even going to go into the springs in detail as the shocks. I live in St. Louis where the roads are what you might expect if it were a war zone. Every day, driving to and from work was a constant reminder of the crumbling infrastructure. Not so much anymore. After installing the shocks and springs, my wife even noticed how much more comfortable the ride was. Little uneven dips are now absorbed comfortably and controlled, but when pushed, it still feels stiff and willing.

Getting to the install, it's really not hard at all. In fact, you don't need to disconnect the front upper control arms or ball joints. Just undo the sway at and you have plenty of room to fish them out. I did loosen up most of the suspension and preloaded it to make sure the bushings were at their new neutral position. All in all it took maybe 4 hours taking my time.

I would definitely advocate any 2008-2010 owners to look into this upgrade and enjoy the ride.

STLblueF 03-16-16 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by nks979 (Post 9408526)
Could have sworn i saw this thread a few months ago, only the person who made it said they had to make some modifications that came out to a lot more than ~850, did you guys only change coilovers? Definitely my next mod if you really can smooth out the ride that much for under 1k.

I think the poster in that thread was trying to buy the parts from a dealer and needed the spring isolator plus some other stuff to make it work. If you can get a set with the top hats already installed and assembled, its an easy 1 for 1 swap.

There were some other changes with the rear links, but those do not necessarily need to be done if your primary concern is ride comfort.

WylieKylie 03-16-16 09:08 AM

And by "suspensions" you mean shocks?