ISF PPE Header VS m3 JB4

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-16, 01:35 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts
Default ISF PPE Header VS m3 JB4

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share some feedback on my PPE Headers install. They are amazing! Literally The car feels much more responsive and faster in every rev range. Here is a little comparison of the stock vs ppe.

As you can see our stock header design is just horrible, one of the worst designs I've ever seen.Regardless the install was a breeze and what better way than to drive down to the tracks in Mexico to test my car up against a brand new 2016 m3 with jb4 tune. The m3 had a passenger in the car, but heres a little vid at the track for all ya'll to enjoy! The m3 dynod at 481whp with the tune so Im pretty happy with the results.

To make it fair we did a run with swapped passengers:

Anyone needing install on headers in SoCal lmk, I have someone who can nail it in under 4-5 hours with top quality.

Last edited by k20trick; 02-21-16 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-21-16, 06:15 AM
ping83
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice man! The m3 power plants a beast, however I would rather have the F reliability! Looks like you were fairly close until his FI took over ok the high end!
Old 02-21-16, 07:04 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

That must of been one FAT *** passenger you got there

I don't think the passenger would have made that much of a difference, The M3 probably didn't drive the car well first time around.

You should have tried both car with no fat *** passengers installed
Old 02-21-16, 07:14 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^^^....hahahaha...that was a big difference from the top video with no passenger and lower video with passenger. Way to test the new headers! I had a similar run in with a M4 last year. I was neck and neck and overtook him. I quickly thought something was wrong. My car is completely stock and that's a brand new m4 with a suspension drop. It must've been the driver! I want to see a full bolt on F plus tune! Vs one these bad boys.
Old 02-21-16, 08:48 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

nice vids! i saw your install on Instagram and liked the pic. congrats man
Old 02-21-16, 09:45 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
That must of been one FAT *** passenger you got there

I don't think the passenger would have made that much of a difference, The M3 probably didn't drive the car well first time around.

You should have tried both car with no fat *** passengers installed
Exactly my thoughts! That was a HUGE outcome. LOL
Old 02-21-16, 10:16 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

What up K20trick, small world. Emmanuel is the best mechanic I know, so I knew your install was in good hands.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to Mexico to have some fun with you guys but I had to baby sit two kids lol.

That's impressive that you hung with Brian's JB4 M3 especially since he's making 481whp.

Those who said the guy can't drive, I think he used to hold the record for the fastest stock turbos 135i.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 02-21-16 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-21-16, 10:25 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Hey Guys, Just wanted to share some feedback on my PPE Headers install. They are amazing! Literally The car feels much more responsive and faster in every rev range. Here is a little comparison of the stock vs ppe. As you can see our stock header design is just horrible, one of the worst designs I've ever seen.Regardless the install was a breeze and what better way than to drive down to the tracks in Mexico to test my car up against a brand new 2016 m3 with jb4 tune. The m3 had a passenger in the car, but heres a little vid at the track for all ya'll to enjoy! The m3 dynod at 481whp with the tune so Im pretty happy with the results. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm9agLJPTCU To make it fair we did a run with swapped passengers: Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyXJrI0py5E Anyone needing install on headers in SoCal lmk, I have someone who can nail it in under 4-5 hours with top quality.
Sweet videos! Can't wait for my ppe headers to come in.

Sweet videos man
Old 02-21-16, 11:19 AM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Awesome power gains! Can you PM me the info for the guy who did the install work? Cost? Location? Etc.
Old 02-21-16, 11:39 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
What up K20trick, small world. Emmanuel is the best mechanic I know, so I knew your install was in good hands.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to Mexico to have some fun with you guys but I had to baby sit two kids lol.

That's impressive that you hung with Brian's JB4 M3 especially since he's making 481whp.

Those who said the guy can't drive, I think he used to hold the record for the fastest stock turbos 135i.
Your the black isf with the tune, how is that, I'm thinking of jumping on that tune, what was your name?Yep dudes a pro in performance upgrades from built engines to transmissions I cant trust anyone else, it was either him or PPE directly, but PPE is so backed up right now they couldnt schedule me in for another month.

Suprising the most time consuming part was the pnp adapters, mine didnt fit the factory plugs at all hopefully PPE will help me on that. No alignment was needed Eman pulled the whole subframe as one piece and marked all the steering so basically the alignment was just the way it was how it came into the shop,.

But yeah Brian's car is a BEAST! 481whp with just tune those new turbo motors make good power...

Passenger added about 240 lbs, he's not a small guy.
Old 02-21-16, 11:43 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Awesome power gains! Can you PM me the info for the guy who did the install work? Cost? Location? Etc.
Yep, pmed! That guys an asset to the modding community you will be suprised with his work, literally the go to guy when even the pros cant figure something out.
Old 02-21-16, 12:08 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Your the black isf with the tune, how is that, I'm thinking of jumping on that tune, what was your name?Yep dudes a pro in performance upgrades from built engines to transmissions I cant trust anyone else, it was either him or PPE directly, but PPE is so backed up right now they couldnt schedule me in for another month.

Suprising the most time consuming part was the pnp adapters, mine didnt fit the factory plugs at all hopefully PPE will help me on that. No alignment was needed Eman pulled the whole subframe as one piece and marked all the steering so basically the alignment was just the way it was how it came into the shop,.

But yeah Brian's car is a BEAST! 481whp with just tune those new turbo motors make good power...

So your saying that a 240 lb passenger made that much of a difference in the first run where you were able to stay par with a M3 with a JB4 tune that's putting down 481whp (approx. 550ish + or - crank HP)?

Then in the second run you had the passenger (240 lb's) and he beat you by that much??

That's a crazy difference in acceleration between those two runs swapping the passenger!
Old 02-21-16, 12:25 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Yep, pmed! That guys an asset to the modding community you will be suprised with his work, literally the go to guy when even the pros cant figure something out.
Yep, heard the story about the local Honda dealerships sending the transmission work to Eman because their techs could not figure out how to fix them correctly. LOL.
Old 02-21-16, 12:26 PM
zebani
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

IIRC the numbers for the ecu tune and catback exhaust produces almost the same power as the ecu tune, catback and headers. I don't want to go through the whole ecu thread right now but someone even mentioned something along the lines of "the numbers don't just stack up" to answer someone's question why the headers don't add another 30-40hp on top of the ecu tune.
Old 02-21-16, 12:31 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Yeah, I know Eman way back close to 15 years now.

We were building motors out of our garages back then and street racing on the weekends. Good times.

The tune make a big difference in the midrange and top end is improved, you definitely should jump on it. I ordered a set of PPE headers (RAW 304SS) myself, can't wait to see how it runs with FBO and tune.

Quick Reply: ISF PPE Header VS m3 JB4