IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats

Old 02-06-16, 04:30 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats

Ok let me start off by saying I am a huge Weathertech fan. In our immediate family we have 8 vehicles with either the all weather rubber 'slush' mats or the digital liners. Everything from my daughters' Subaru and Civic, to my Super Duty, Tacoma, and Ranger parts runner, to my Dodge Durango company car. Made in America is a huge thing for me.

That being said, I think the Weathertech products are just a bit too utilitarian for my tastes in the F. After researching a bunch of different products, I decided to pull the trigger on the 3D Maxpider Kagu Rubber mats in black. I waffled between these and the 3D carpeted mats.

Additionally, my car car is extremely low mile and the mats were still cherry, so it wasn't an absolute necessity to purchase aftermarket ones.

It took me a while to make the decision, as it appears there are no brick and mortar stores that stock these, and I really wanted to check them out before I bought them. Unfortunately, you can't even go to the manufacturer/distributor to look at the product, even more unfortunate as the parent company is only 25 miles from my house.

So I decided to order off of Amazon, and if I didn't like them I would return them, as Amazon has a fairly straightforward return policy.

Ok, so these mats are nothing short of fantastic! Extremely light, yet they seem to mask road and exhaust noise better than the stockers. The fit is virtually perfect, with no binding or arching of the mat, the holes for the securement hooks are positioned perfectly, and all the contours match the floor pan and transmission tunnel with perfection. I purchased the front and rear set, and the rears are a perfect fit as well. The material appears to be something that will last a long time, and is extremely easy to clean. These will contain spills and rain water/mud as good as any mat I have seen, and the look is good in our cars.

Sorry about the crappy pic, but hopefully it shows a bit of the fit.
Attached Thumbnails 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats-image.jpeg  
Old 02-06-16, 05:44 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the review Tim going to have to look in these as my little ones ride the F with me often
Old 02-06-16, 05:46 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Miqueaseli
Thanks for the review Tim going to have to look in these as my little ones ride the F with me often
They will do the trick for you Manuel!
Old 02-06-16, 11:21 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Wow that actually looks very nice! Blends in better than the Weathertech too.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-07-16, 05:23 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I also have the 3D Maxpider mats in the front. The fit is spot on, however only one the holes on the driver side lines up. Not a big deal, since the fit is so good.
Old 02-07-16, 07:41 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I bought a pair of these for my old Ranger pick-up about a month ago. They seem like good quality mats at a decent price

I may get a set for the IS-F too.

-Mike
Old 02-07-16, 09:35 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Wow that actually looks very nice! Blends in better than the Weathertech too.
Josh the picture doesn't even do them justice, aesthetically they are extremely well suited for the interiors of of our cars.
Old 02-07-16, 09:40 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks good, almost looks like it's replicating the look of carbon fiber as well as the perforated look (something thats in most of the surfaces in our f's).

How much do they run for?
Old 02-07-16, 09:43 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rickna
I also have the 3D Maxpider mats in the front. The fit is spot on, however only one the holes on the driver side lines up. Not a big deal, since the fit is so good.
I thought I had seen you mention that somewhere, and one of the reasons I was somewhat hesitant. Not sure if there was a revision, but someone posted on Amazon that they fit perfect on the securement hooks so I pulled the trigger, and mine fit perfect.
Old 02-07-16, 09:46 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by k20trick
Looks good, almost looks like it's replicating the look of carbon fiber as well as the perforated look (something thats in most of the surfaces in our f's).

How much do they run for?
I paid $146 for the front and rear sets. I am pretty picky about things looking good, and these definitely work.
Old 02-07-16, 09:50 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
I thought I had seen you mention that somewhere, and one of the reasons I was somewhat hesitant. Not sure if there was a revision, but someone posted on Amazon that they fit perfect on the securement hooks so I pulled the trigger, and mine fit perfect.
Yeah, I guess I had received a bad one Like I said, it fits well enough that the misaligned hole doesn't matter.