IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

X-Force Exhaust - Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-17, 07:51 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FinLIFE
I have the xforce varex system with ppe headers and magnaflow cats. I was told by friends it has an exotic car sound. I like it a lot. Without cats it was a bit too loud and raspy for me
Any sound clips? Also hows the drone while cruising, uphill, etc..
Old 11-21-17, 01:03 PM
davinadze
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vervish
I too have the varex and did not have any issue with the cross members..

I do have the leak issue at the exhaust manifolds tho. I tried stock and aftermarket gaskets with no luck..
SOLVED! to everyone that has EXHAUST LEAK. Just reach under the side of rear bumper next to mufflers and feel if you interior breather Flaps are missing. Mine had the right side rubber flap missing. So I took it off and Taped it off with good quality packaging tape, Then snapped it right back in. No more interior exhausts smells, after 6 mount's of suffocating.lol
Old 11-21-17, 01:13 PM
willstroo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davinadze
SOLVED! to everyone that has EXHAUST LEAK. Just reach under the side of rear bumper next to mufflers and feel if you interior breather Flaps are missing. Mine had the right side rubber flap missing. So I took it off and Taped it off with good quality packaging tape, Then snapped it right back in. No more interior exhausts smells, after 6 mount's of suffocating.lol
Could you pop a few photos up of what you are talking about please?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-22-17, 02:22 AM
ISFerr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by willstroo
Could you pop a few photos up of what you are talking about please?

Thanks in advance!
Here you go. Have a look at this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ot-solved.html
Old 12-04-17, 09:58 AM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Ordered the non varex on black Friday. Had the entire system at my door on the 29th. Installed on the 1st with no problems, everything lined up and was a breeze. Did a muffler delete and welded quad tips on the back. Like the nice deep tone it has, used supplied gaskets and have had no leaks so far.
Old 12-04-17, 05:35 PM
isfvss
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by isfvss
Seal up the 2 air flaps (with some duct tape) in the boot and see if it still gets in the cabin, what exhaust and mods have you got .
Should have read this glad you got it fixed
Old 12-15-17, 09:42 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Grrr varex drivers side motor stopped working again. Ok stuck open is better than stuck closed but not as quiet as I'd like when I leave to work early each morning.
Anyways went to their warehouse, 5 mins later got a replacement motor which will fix it.
Old 01-10-18, 01:52 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Update.

My non-varex is broken in and I don't like it. The drone on freeway and up hills is probably deafening my passengers. That with the fitment issues, I can't recommend this for someone who is drone sensitive. It is loud, so for those that can tolerate it, I think you'll be happy.
Old 01-10-18, 02:15 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by F_Throttle
Update.

My non-varex is broken in and I don't like it. The drone on freeway and up hills is probably deafening my passengers. That with the fitment issues, I can't recommend this for someone who is drone sensitive. It is loud, so for those that can tolerate it, I think you'll be happy.
I would have your installation checked by an exhaust shop... I have no drone and it is not loud unless I'm at WOT
Old 01-10-18, 11:00 PM
empathy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i think people have different sensitivity levels to drone and sound levels. i thought it was pretty damn annoying around the 2k RPM range. annoying enough for me to buy the varex mufflers, but they're currently sitting uninstalled in my garage right now.
Old 01-11-18, 10:38 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s2kjer
I would have your installation checked by an exhaust shop... I have no drone and it is not loud unless I'm at WOT
Had it rechecked with another shop already.. No leaks or vibrations. I liked my last set up better: Xpipe, dual w/o res or cat to stock mufflers.. I can definitely tolerate that and the drone was only a little noticeable on long drives. I am going to maybe give HKS a try. Or weld on some Borla mufflers.
Old 05-08-18, 12:42 PM
NebulaISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF5L
Grrr varex drivers side motor stopped working again. Ok stuck open is better than stuck closed but not as quiet as I'd like when I leave to work early each morning.
Anyways went to their warehouse, 5 mins later got a replacement motor which will fix it.
I too ordered these motors thinking they were broken, but upon inspection it turns out the valves have rusted so much the motors cant open them. (of course bought motors first, then took off mufflers) I had to use something to wedge the valve open once the motor was off. Did you have any issues with the flaps/valves having a tough time moving? I sprayed them down but it didnt help much. I daily drive in NJ and used the valves a lot and I've only had this system for about a year. Pretty disappointing. I emailed xforce and waiting to hear back.
Old 05-10-18, 01:47 PM
ISF5L
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NebulaISF
I too ordered these motors thinking they were broken, but upon inspection it turns out the valves have rusted so much the motors cant open them. (of course bought motors first, then took off mufflers) I had to use something to wedge the valve open once the motor was off. Did you have any issues with the flaps/valves having a tough time moving? I sprayed them down but it didnt help much. I daily drive in NJ and used the valves a lot and I've only had this system for about a year. Pretty disappointing. I emailed xforce and waiting to hear back.
Once the new motor was fitted, the fitter had to reverse the polarity or something along those lines to get it to work, no big deal and its been good since then. The only issue i have had would be that it would not open or close but beyond that, the valve never sticks, it opens and closes very smooth, no hesitation (occasionally i get a torch in there and have a good look to ensure its working)

Im fortunate their actual head office and warehouse distribution is a 20min drive from me so i can turn up in person

The one that was removed (not working and i thought it was dead, actually works). Had a mate look at it and he connected it to a power source, it worked great so keeping it as a spare. My issue was that these motors dont have a timer delay function so because the motor is that strong, you can basically press the remote button to open it, keep it depressed and it continiously keep operating until the gears pop out of alignment. Maybe the OCD in my but when i open and closed it, id press it a bit longer to ensure it was 100% open vs 70% etc instead of trusting that pressing it for 2 seconds or so does the job. Now my mate showed me clearer how the motor keeps going with the button vs a 1 press method, i know to not depress the button too long.

The new bluetooth module effectively would eliminate that as it has presets on your phone. i.e. Press 70%, 80%. 100% etc and thats it. No point pressing it several times so the motor wouldnt over work in that respect.

Hope you get your issues sorted out soon with them. Im actually happy with mine now that its in working order. Not drony with PPE headers and even had it dyno tuned with a few other ISFs (same dyno, same mods besides them having a more reputable Joe Z etc with similar results so bang for your bucks im happy..........For now (fingers crossed i havent jinxed myself lol
Old 05-10-18, 02:37 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

I am having problems with one muffler only. Every once in a while it seizes in the open position. What I do is, with the muffler still on, I reach over and loosen the screws that mate the motor to the muffler, then wiggle the motor a little bit, and test it again.. That fixes it every time...probably has something to do with gear popping out of alignment. I always hold the button way too long too..

Also something funny to note - I think because I bought an early version, my exhaust came with 2 different types of motors. The side I am having trouble with has the older motor design, the good one has the newer model. For those who are looking to buy spare motors, check both mufflers and confirm they have same motor model.

I ended up with 4 spares (2 of each type)..

I also WD40 the valves regularly...hoping to ward off seizing the valve.
Old 05-10-18, 03:00 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Heys guys! Is there any significant burble sound comparing the non- varex to varex open valve. I have a nonvarex and planning to get a varex muffler only. Anybody please let me know the part number .
leo

Quick Reply: X-Force Exhaust - Review