IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-16, 08:15 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Right on Rafi & Simon!! So it's not a question of if, but just when the tune gets sorted out!! Like someone said earlier in this thread where would the ISF be without RR Racing and the continual development for the platform!

It's kind of funny but this thread will completely over run the OP mention of what Alientech is trying to do...... and will turn into the thread for the RR racing tune unless they start a new titled thread under their name and tune?
Old 01-10-16, 08:50 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rafi will this tune be an ECU swap? Or a reflash that can be done similar to porsches? Just need an obd cable and purchase the software/tune online?
Im in the philippines and very interested....
Old 01-10-16, 09:06 AM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

This is great news! Most promising tune mentioned to date, and not some foreign ecu reflash. Great work rafi and simon! We are all very lucky to have you in the F community. Although, not going to get my hopes up until it's proven true. Getting more air at the elevation I and a few others are subjected to, would be an absolute game changer. Best of luck with the tune RR will be watching this very closely!!
Old 01-10-16, 09:20 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

If tuning and a SC became available for this car I would entirely give up looking at E92's. May just need to hold off shopping for a couple more months.
Old 01-10-16, 09:43 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
In reply to all the posts we are seeing, let me say the following:

(1) Will we introduce an ECU tune very shortly?: 100% yes. ECU's will have to be mailed to us, we will ship them back same day we receive them. Turnaround will be very fast. If you want proof, the picture below is an ISF ECU that is setup to be bench flashed:

(2) Are we working on a forced induction option? 100% yes, we expect to be up and running by March. We are about 50% there (supercharger), and have designed the entire drive system, which will be superior to HKS, Icode, I promise. We are currently working on finishing up the ECU tuning, remapping the ISF ECU for a larger MAF which will allow us to push over 600hp. Additionally, I will say right now that anyone purchasing our tune now will get full credit towards the supercharger once that is introduced.

(3) Companies like Alientech are selling the "protocols" and hardware to write to the ECU. Defining the maps, re-calibrating them, and figuring out the functionality of each map in order to effectively and reliably tune the car is up to the tuner.

(4) Without getting into the specifics of tuning the ISF... those of you who have spoken to me know that I am very skeptical of dyno results for headers, intakes, etc... I think it is very easy to intentionally skew or mistakenly misinterpret the numbers. Also, the notion that you can slap an ISF to a dyno, re-flash the ECU, and do before/after dyno comparisons is simply not going to work. After you make changes to this ECU, it takes a significant amount of driving to stabilize the ignition timing and AFRs. You cannot do all the work on a dyno.... and that's why its taking us so long to finalize and prove our tune.

If anyone has Toyota Techstream datalogging software and is willing to beta test for us, please PM me. I want this tune to be as much a collaborative effort on ClubLexus as possible. That way everyone is in the loop, we are being 100% honest and transparent about the results, and we get this done right!

-Rafi
Rafi, will your supercharger kit going to incorporate a front mount intercooler ? im going to guess its a centrifugal design
Old 01-10-16, 09:52 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lmood
Why is part of that board swirled out?
Prevent competitors from copying.
Old 01-10-16, 10:31 AM
Eedo123
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It might be stupid but I have to ask, is it possible for some type of launch control system to be added if this happens?
Old 01-10-16, 11:31 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Rafi, will your supercharger kit going to incorporate a front mount intercooler ? im going to guess its a centrifugal design
It will most likely be a high capacity water/air intercooler. Our main goal is not to block the radiator with an intercooler. We are not designing this to be a dyno queen SC, blocking the radiator with an intercooler will signficantly reduce airflow to the radiator, tranny cooler, and oil cooler, not a good thing for the track.

Originally Posted by Eedo123
It might be stupid but I have to ask, is it possible for some type of launch control system to be added if this happens?
Not bloody likely

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-10-16, 11:52 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you Rafi & Simon. What great news for the community.
Due to a recent layoff, I was considering selling my car, but not any more. I'm definitely in on this (and I don't use the boat much anyway).
Dennis
Old 01-10-16, 01:25 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

If this works well...

Old 01-10-16, 01:46 PM
neweyslex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribing and hoping for the best.
Old 01-10-16, 01:58 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sub'd for an answer as well. Holding my breath, would be very interested in this and picking up some more HP.
Old 01-10-16, 02:19 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

here's to hoping this is affordable, not a $3,000 reflash.

Last edited by liquidtek; 01-10-16 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-10-16, 02:21 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Most cases front mounts are for show. Air/water coolers have proved to be very efficient. Plus for rare circumstances just chuck some ice cubes in the tank and you're good to go.

I'm getting pumped because the only reason I've held off from pulling the trigger on an ISF was because I like the prospect of supercharging a M3.
Old 01-10-16, 02:49 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Subscribed... This is starting to sound very promising

-Mike

Quick Reply: A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)