IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-16, 04:53 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

If only it was this easy.....
Old 01-09-16, 05:35 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it and take a bunch of pics and videos.
Old 01-09-16, 05:50 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

I don't guys but I think this maybe for real this time; this is from the alientech website:

I know the engine code is not correct

Last edited by juanmedina; 01-09-16 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-09-16, 05:53 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Originally Posted by juanmedina
I don't guys but I think this maybe for real this time; this is from the alientech website:

Wonder why its not listed as a 2UR GSE.... cause its fake!!!!
J/K ...time will tell.

Last edited by NotnFsport; 01-09-16 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-09-16, 06:40 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

I read an article awhile back that stated that cracking ecu's and offering tuning on them is illegal without toyota's permission due to legality reasons. I'd tread lighty. someone can correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 01-09-16, 06:58 PM
H60Driver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not holding my breath but IF this leads to a possibility of boosting the F I'll consider keeping her for a lot longer
Old 01-09-16, 07:57 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

^^ I totally agree. I would KEEP my F for ALOT longer if the tune really works.
Old 01-09-16, 08:04 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Hmmmmm this seems all too familiar
Old 01-09-16, 08:15 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

^^^^this^^^^^ but if everything works out my mod list will get a lot bigger.
Old 01-09-16, 11:15 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

If this turns out to true by either Vivid or RR Racing perhaps both which form of forced induction which would be better setup for ISF S/C or Turbo single or Twin. I know you can make more hp and Tq with Turbo setup. Im coming from more stock internals setup which would be safer setup, more reliable. Which would potentially cause the least amount of stress on stock motor. I do understand that turbos or more efficient than S/C as well. I also know the amount of boost you dial in has a lot to do with this question, but assuming you run low boost on both 6lbs to 8lbs of boost with S/C and 14lbs to 18lbs turbo
Opinions guys which way would you go S/C or T/C?

Last edited by Weapon F; 01-09-16 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-10-16, 02:48 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

I read somewhere that the IS-F internals are forged; is that true? Even the pistons?
Old 01-10-16, 04:51 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

In reply to all the posts we are seeing, let me say the following:

(1) Will we introduce an ECU tune very shortly?: 100% yes. ECU's will have to be mailed to us, we will ship them back same day we receive them. Turnaround will be very fast. If you want proof, the picture below is an ISF ECU that is setup to be bench flashed:

(2) Are we working on a forced induction option? 100% yes, we expect to be up and running by March. We are about 50% there (supercharger), and have designed the entire drive system, which will be superior to HKS, Icode, I promise. We are currently working on finishing up the ECU tuning, remapping the ISF ECU for a larger MAF which will allow us to push over 600hp. Additionally, I will say right now that anyone purchasing our tune now will get full credit towards the supercharger once that is introduced.

(3) Companies like Alientech are selling the "protocols" and hardware to write to the ECU. Defining the maps, re-calibrating them, and figuring out the functionality of each map in order to effectively and reliably tune the car is up to the tuner.

(4) Without getting into the specifics of tuning the ISF... those of you who have spoken to me know that I am very skeptical of dyno results for headers, intakes, etc... I think it is very easy to intentionally skew or mistakenly misinterpret the numbers. Also, the notion that you can slap an ISF to a dyno, re-flash the ECU, and do before/after dyno comparisons is simply not going to work. After you make changes to this ECU, it takes a significant amount of driving to stabilize the ignition timing and AFRs. You cannot do all the work on a dyno.... and that's why its taking us so long to finalize and prove our tune.

If anyone has Toyota Techstream datalogging software and is willing to beta test for us, please PM me. I want this tune to be as much a collaborative effort on ClubLexus as possible. That way everyone is in the loop, we are being 100% honest and transparent about the results, and we get this done right!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-10-16 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-10-16, 07:33 AM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Why is part of that board swirled out?
Old 01-10-16, 07:39 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

(1) Will we introduce an ECU tune very shortly?: 100% yes. ECU's will have to be mailed to us, we will ship them back same day we receive them. Turnaround will be very fast. If you want proof, the picture below is an ISF ECU that is setup to be bench flashed:

(2) Are we working on a forced induction option? 100% yes, we expect to be up and running by March. We are about 50% there (supercharger), and have designed the entire drive system, which will be superior to HKS, Icode, I promise. We are currently working on finishing up the ECU tuning, remapping the ISF ECU for a larger MAF which will allow us to push over 600hp. Additionally, I will say right now that anyone purchasing our tune now will get full credit towards the supercharger once that is introduced.

(3) Companies like Alientech are selling the "protocols" and hardware to write to the ECU. Defining the maps, re-calibrating them, and figuring out the functionality of each map in order to effectively and reliably tune the car is up to the tuner.

(4) Without getting into the specifics of tuning the ISF... those of you who have spoken to me know that I am very skeptical of dyno results for headers, intakes, etc... I think it is very easy to intentionally skew or mistakenly misinterpret the numbers. Also, the notion that you can slap an ISF to a dyno, re-flash the ECU, and do before/after dyno comparisons is simply not going to work. After you make changes to this ECU, it takes a significant amount of driving to stabilize the ignition timing and AFRs. You cannot do all the work on a dyno.... and that's why its taking us so long to finalize and prove our tune.

If anyone has Toyota Techstream datalogging software and is willing to beta test for us, please PM me. I want this tune to be as much a collaborative effort on ClubLexus as possible. That way everyone is in the loop, we are being 100% honest and transparent about the results, and we get this done right!

-Rafi
Sounds good. Hoping for the best. At least you dont call the skeptics idiots. Lol ..gotta love Vivid :/
Old 01-10-16, 07:51 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

-Rafi
This is what we all are waiting for....can't wait to see your final product!

Quick Reply: A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)