IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-16, 07:51 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I believe the Vivid Racing attempt to tune has been discussed here before.
Old 01-13-16, 07:53 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

I know people are going to see this and pull the trigger......DONT!!!!!!

Wait for the RR Racing tune. RR Racing is the company that took the ISF to the next level and continue to so I would say lets stick by their side and they will lead us in the best path for horsepower and most of all engine safety. These are reliable cars thats why we bought them and didn't but a Audi or BMW.

I spoke with Rafi from RR a couple days ago, he was a wealth of information and I have full faith in him and RR Racing. Way more than I can say about Vivid

RR Racing FTW
Old 01-13-16, 08:00 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

For people that don't click on the link here is the summary of what they are saying below:

Product Information

Tuning the Lexus IS-F 5.0L V8 has not been possible due to heavy ECU encryption until now! The engineers at Alientech of Italy have cracked the ECU where VR Tuned can now offer a full customer ECU flash to dial in your IS-F to the next level. Tuning is available for the Lexus IS-F with engine code 3GR-FSE and powered by a Toyota Denso 275036-3410 ECU. The 5.0L V8 puts out a menacing 417 horsepower stock that when tuned, can create a dramatic difference throughout the entire power curve. Tuning an NA motor is very much the same across the board being able to adjust fuel and timing. But what makes the difference is the overall power curve. Giving the car faster throttle response, stronger low end torque to give you faster 0-60mph times, and harder mid to top end pull is what the ECU flash can deliver. Since this is a TRUE ECU tune, we can custom tune the IS-F for catless race pipes, headers, intakes, raise the rev limiter, remove the speed limiter, and much more. Once tuned, the IS-F will revitalize that first drive smile as it delivers an intense feeling throughout the power curve.

Crank Horsepower Ratings:
•Stock Power: 417 BHP | 371 FT/LBS
•Tuned Power: 445 BHP | 395 FT/LBS

What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
•#1 priority is our customer service to you!
•Our tuning is used worldwide.
•We test and dyno tune on our own cars to make sure what you get is safe, reliable, and gives you the results you want!

NOTE: Upon ordering of this ECU Flash Tune, you will be required to send in your ECU. Once we receive the ECU and program it, we will ship it back to you via the method you select at checkout. This requires the ECU to be mailed in to us to be benched flashed. Bench flashing requires the ECU to be opened. We DO NOT solder or modify your board in any way. Using a electrical contact pins, we tie into the boards programming mode to read and write the file. We do store your stock file if you ever want to revert. Because the ECU must be removed and opened, if you are concerned with warranty, you may want to speak with your dealership. With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU. Adding parts such as an exhaust, air intake will all adjust with the tune. If you add higher octane fuel, the ECU will adjust accordingly. Anytime you add higher octane, the fuel will burn slower providing your vehicle with improved performance. Further custom tuning is available with provided dyno sheets or datalogging.

If you have any questions about the ECU Flash, please contact our friendly support team!

Fitment:
•Lexus IS-F (USE20) 5000 V8 Dual VVT-i 3GR-FSE 311 417 Petrol 2005 DENSO 275036-3410

For reference, this ECU is a DENSO 275036-3410 ECU and this must be mailed in to be bench flashed
Old 01-13-16, 08:00 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nickj718
I know people are going to see this and pull the trigger......DONT!!!!!!

Wait for the RR Racing tune. RR Racing is the company that took the ISF to the next level and continue to so I would say lets stick by their side and they will lead us in the best path for horsepower and most of all engine safety. These are reliable cars thats why we bought them and didn't but a Audi or BMW.

I spoke with Rafi from RR a couple days ago, he was a wealth of information and I have full faith in him and RR Racing. Way more than I can say about Vivid

RR Racing FTW
That sounds good. I'm curious to see what happens with the RR Racing tuning flash. The graphs look legit.
Old 01-13-16, 08:01 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Am also looking forward to RR-Racing tune and what their price point will be and their details of what they have been able to accomplish!

Awesome time to be an F owner!!
Old 01-13-16, 08:03 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

^^
Joke of a company

I tried using them back in the day for my IS300 and had a pretty terrible experience
Old 01-13-16, 08:04 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Am also looking forward to RR-Racing tune and what their price point will be and their details of what they have been able to accomplish!

Awesome time to be an F owner!!
Agree
Old 01-13-16, 08:13 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I believed vivid racing did had a bad rep. Probably still do but with the ISF ECU finally encrypt, it is now tunable. Most tuners can do this and I believe vivid racing may have gotten it there quicker. I'm not sure if they finished all their testings to see if there are any issues. Non the less, I know RR-Racing is going to be one most or all of us will take. I have great faith in Rafi and Simon and I just can't wait.
Old 01-13-16, 08:16 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
For people that don't click on the link here is the summary of what they are saying below:

Product Information

Tuning the Lexus IS-F 5.0L V8 has not been possible due to heavy ECU encryption until now! The engineers at Alientech of Italy have cracked the ECU where VR Tuned can now offer a full customer ECU flash to dial in your IS-F to the next level. Tuning is available for the Lexus IS-F with engine code 3GR-FSE and powered by a Toyota Denso 275036-3410 ECU. The 5.0L V8 puts out a menacing 417 horsepower stock that when tuned, can create a dramatic difference throughout the entire power curve. Tuning an NA motor is very much the same across the board being able to adjust fuel and timing. But what makes the difference is the overall power curve. Giving the car faster throttle response, stronger low end torque to give you faster 0-60mph times, and harder mid to top end pull is what the ECU flash can deliver. Since this is a TRUE ECU tune, we can custom tune the IS-F for catless race pipes, headers, intakes, raise the rev limiter, remove the speed limiter, and much more. Once tuned, the IS-F will revitalize that first drive smile as it delivers an intense feeling throughout the power curve.

Crank Horsepower Ratings:
•Stock Power: 417 BHP | 371 FT/LBS
•Tuned Power: 445 BHP | 395 FT/LBS

What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
•#1 priority is our customer service to you!
•Our tuning is used worldwide.
•We test and dyno tune on our own cars to make sure what you get is safe, reliable, and gives you the results you want!

NOTE: Upon ordering of this ECU Flash Tune, you will be required to send in your ECU. Once we receive the ECU and program it, we will ship it back to you via the method you select at checkout. This requires the ECU to be mailed in to us to be benched flashed. Bench flashing requires the ECU to be opened. We DO NOT solder or modify your board in any way. Using a electrical contact pins, we tie into the boards programming mode to read and write the file. We do store your stock file if you ever want to revert. Because the ECU must be removed and opened, if you are concerned with warranty, you may want to speak with your dealership. With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU. Adding parts such as an exhaust, air intake will all adjust with the tune. If you add higher octane fuel, the ECU will adjust accordingly. Anytime you add higher octane, the fuel will burn slower providing your vehicle with improved performance. Further custom tuning is available with provided dyno sheets or datalogging.

If you have any questions about the ECU Flash, please contact our friendly support team!

Fitment:
•Lexus IS-F (USE20) 5000 V8 Dual VVT-i 3GR-FSE 311 417 Petrol 2005 DENSO 275036-3410

For reference, this ECU is a DENSO 275036-3410 ECU and this must be mailed in to be bench flashed

Firsts off, we have been tuning now for for thousands of miles and months... amazing that they did this so fast, after asking for a demo car just a week ago

Second... NO WAY just a tune is going to make 30whp... NO WAY.

Thirdly, we will be pricing the tune below their $1000, I promise. I don't have the final figure yet, but rest assured we will get this right and we will price it right.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-13-16, 08:34 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Rafi, ^^^^^

Below $1,000.......Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
Old 01-13-16, 08:39 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Firsts off, we have been tuning now for for thousands of miles and months... amazing that they did this so fast, after asking for a demo car just a week ago

Thirdly, we will be pricing the tune below their $1000, I promise. I don't have the final figure yet, but rest assured we will get this right and we will price it right.

Rafi
This is why I believe in RR-Racing. I have their USRS and Air oil separator and I still want more from them! Keep up the awesome work!
Old 01-13-16, 09:04 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi
Rafi,

are the tunes going to be diff per customer depending on their current modifications? if someone adds another power modification and the ECU needs to be sent back to you guys, will the price of the tune be exact same price as the first time ?

i wonder if a stock car will get a bit more power out of the tune than a car that has already have most power mods
Old 01-13-16, 09:05 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
This is why I believe in RR-Racing. I have their USRS and Air oil separator and I still want more from them! Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you!

We are also looking for a California customer who can send us a datalog prior to us tuning the ECU... if anyone from California is able to datalog their car, please PM us an we will set you up with a great introductory price.

We already have several other customers from around the country who will be sending us datalogs next week prior to doing our tune. Of course we have also datalogged 5 local cars -- this gives us a lot of data to understand the car-to-car variability.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-13-16, 09:15 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Funny story

Traded a bunch of public Facebook messages with vivid yesterday. I asked for independent dyno results and proof that the tune worked due to how bad their reputation is and what ( didn't ) transpire in the IS tuning realm. The reviews on their site are 5-6 posts from the same people. Vivid replied to me an Internet bully. Instead, the posts are now removed. The long and short is as follows:

A - I tagged Rafi as he is the truth and the most knowledge individual I know on the subject
B - I asked for independent dyno results to prove that the tune actually works
C - when speaking about the IS vivid claimed to sell 40 tunes to date
- my response - even Ebay resistors sell in bulk. It doesn't mean they work
D - whomever is in charge of vivid's social media told me to " stop being an Internet Bully, I'll go back to driving my Mclearen and making money "
E - i stated if the product actually works l, show us independent dyno results and prove a community wrong. Instead we get over inflated dynos ( on the is it was plus 32 whp on intake and exhaust ) and a glimmer of hope where one is just in it to take money.

By removing the post vivid showed true colors. I'll await Rafi and his actions. To date, My RR- Racing suspension setup with Penske coils and usrs on my rcf hasn't disappointed anyone that has driven my car ( including Rafi himself who track tested the car )
Old 01-13-16, 09:21 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

This thread is from a little over a year ago-

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ing-flash.html

Quick Reply: A Glimmer of Hope for Tuning? (Don't Hold Your Breath)