IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ruff idle and intermittent power loss alleviated with Royal Purple injector cleaner !

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-16, 11:45 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Ruff idle and intermittent power loss alleviated with Royal Purple injector cleaner !

Hey guys !! just wanted to share a little experience I have had recently with my F. C week ago I started feeling like the car was not pulling as hard as it used to ( even open highway ), and I chalked it up to me over thinking things. Then maybe three days later when I would floor it off the line from a dead stop I noticed again some hesitation off the line. Like a delay. I have also notice markedly reduce idle and a rougher idle even when warm. I did a little research online and decided to try to clean the injectors since my car is already at 44k miles. Went to the store to look for the good stuff ( Product with PEA) and found Wal-Mart had Royal Purple brand injector cleaner !! I usually just buy the most expensive stuff they have and it was $13.97 whereas most of the other stuff was $3-$6. Good isn't cheap and cheap isn't good LOL

I added the product to an empty tank of gas an gassed up with a full tank of the top quality Shell V power Nitro +. The next day I made sure to drive the car and immediately noticed smoother idle and all of the hesitation has been gone so far for three days. I was waiting to post this to make sure the power loss, hesitation, and ruff idle were gone !! Super happy with the results and even happier with the price.

I know some may say its a waste or toyota may not recommend it , blah blah blah. lol All I know is the cars feels better and idles much smoother.
Old 01-04-16, 11:48 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Visual aid in case anyone is interested . I have heard many complaints about ruff idle on the forum . This should help
Attached Thumbnails Ruff idle and intermittent power loss alleviated with Royal Purple injector cleaner !-photo971.jpg  
Old 01-04-16, 11:50 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Nah , you wasted your money, what you need to do is clean your air filter and then clean the port open and close manifold. You will see how dirty is it, hope that will help
Old 01-04-16, 11:57 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

new filter, MAF was cleaned at last oil change . It was the injectors . How do you explain the immediate improvement ??

I will mention cleaning the port at the next service. Thanks bro !
Old 01-04-16, 12:07 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

u can clean by yourself not only you have new filter but you also need to clean the box itself and the tube too you can unplug the battery and that would reset it, and let the car learn it for a few day
Old 01-04-16, 12:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

right on buddy. Thanks for the info. Sounds easy enough !
Old 01-04-16, 12:22 PM
XutvJet
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
How do you explain the immediate improvement ??

The power of suggestion is an amazing thing, that's how I explain it.

What I've learned with all my cars is that consistent performance is not constant Some days cars run better than other days. I've noticed this in all my late model cars over the years. Things like fuel quality, a random knock event (which spooks the ECU), and density altitude also play in heavily into this.
Old 01-04-16, 12:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

and the smoother idle ??? I knew people were going to say this. I see what you are saying. I may have put in cheaper gas once before this started but it was fine for a week and just started doing it out of the blue

LMAO it is what it is. The difference was immediate and consistent since the additive was dropped in.

I had a ruff idle and unsteady idle issue that was resolved with AC fill, and all of this stuff was checked when it was in other than cleaning the port.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Trying to put my finger on this. All in all it was an easy fix. Will keep an eye on it and report back
Old 01-04-16, 01:03 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the weather has something to do with it? Might want to chalk it up to El Niño.
Old 01-04-16, 02:00 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsport2UR
Maybe the weather has something to do with it? Might want to chalk it up to El Niño.
^^Lol! I do agree, we really do need the rain.
Old 01-04-16, 02:22 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I'm not at the point to do this yet (only 21k). But I did use Sea Foam on my Bimmer at around 75k and I noticed a significant improvement.
Old 01-04-16, 02:34 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

always wondered why they call it sea foam
Old 01-04-16, 02:43 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

always wondered why they call it sea foam
Yeah right, me too
Old 01-04-16, 02:51 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Visual aid in case anyone is interested . I have heard many complaints about ruff idle on the forum . This should help
Yea good stuff I've always liked RP products and actually have a can of Max Clean in my garage. I believe it made a difference, they make a good product and is on the same level as BG 44K or better in my opinion
Old 01-04-16, 04:48 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I used Seaform fuel injectors cleaner for my IS350.

Quick Reply: Ruff idle and intermittent power loss alleviated with Royal Purple injector cleaner !