IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Saw a GSF at the dealer

Old 12-25-15, 01:03 AM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by x622
I honestly disagree with that. Their "F" lineup is supposed to be direct competition to V/M5/RS/GTS in the same way it was when they first made the ISF. Executing it well is a completely different story. Combining that with the crash of 08 and you can kind of guess why the ISF was somewhat poorly received.

They haven't really done anything in terms of forced induction on their cars for many many years and I think they're primarily doing that from an emissions standpoint.
I think the latest engine in the RCF and this GSF is just a cheap cop out -- merely bumping up the compression as a bandaid versus doing any R&D to add FI.

Perhaps with the latest powerplant coming out supposedly in the LF-LC they might filter it down to cars like this instead of these rather plebian NA powerplants. I can say that this car with a twin turbo V8 @ ~600hp would make me VERY interested.
The ISF was right with the other V/M/RS cars 2010+, the RCF somehow managed to nearly match the M4 on track (like .2 seconds off the M4 iirc) - the GSF would have been right on the pace if they wanted it to be, even if the "F" cars were intended to be a competitor across the lineup the GSF seems like more of a compromise that they decided needed to have more than an f-sport badge. That being said you could be totally right about them just being cheap.
Old 12-25-15, 12:01 PM
x622
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh they're somewhat close, but they all eclipse the ISF. The M5 was actually the closest before its F10 revamp, but I don't think anyone here wants a BMW with it's plethora of issues.

Also To the other poster, because it's a Toyota not a POS Volvo. I expect them to do forced induction with longevity in mind and overbuild the hell out of it like everything else they do.
Old 12-26-15, 02:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

just stopped by to grab some of these damn body plugs that mysteriously fall out constantly and saw the GSF in person AND it looks WAY better in person . The wheels look amazing and it looks fuller and more aggressive than the GS350 right next to it BUT 88K!!!!!!???!!!!!! F That !!!!!! lol Buy it used in 3 years for 50-55k.
Old 12-26-15, 02:35 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

I'm getting a Camry vibe from the new GS-F.....

Old 12-26-15, 02:37 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

I think the regular GS350 F-sport is a handsome vehicle, the F version looks retarded.

Lexus really is *****ing up after producing the LFA and IS-F....
Old 12-26-15, 03:35 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I like that it's being produced. Would not consider one for myself (new to the Is-F) at this point, but the fact that Toyota is continuing to install this motor in a variety of vehicles only bodes well for the future of our cars.
Superchargers... mehhh. Turbos = great power less the unique sound of our na V8. I wanna feel & hear what Yamaha can make out of, say 5.7 to 6.0 liters of V8 tuned to turn 7500 rpms. Maybe with a flat plane crankshaft. And put into a Lexus weighing ~ 3500 lb. or so.
Old 12-26-15, 04:10 PM
DanISFast
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tas02
I like that it's being produced. Would not consider one for myself (new to the Is-F) at this point, but the fact that Toyota is continuing to install this motor in a variety of vehicles only bodes well for the future of our cars.
Superchargers... mehhh. Turbos = great power less the unique sound of our na V8. I wanna feel & hear what Yamaha can make out of, say 5.7 to 6.0 liters of V8 tuned to turn 7500 rpms. Maybe with a flat plane crankshaft. And put into a Lexus weighing ~ 3500 lb. or so.
YES!! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Not a big fan of force induction, hell they don't even need to add displacement, they can keep it at 5 liters and rework the internals, shorter stroke, better heads, valves, cams, ect. for all I care. Make it exotic and throw in some individual throttle bodies like the BMW S65 V8 if need be..

Make this baby rev to 8000+, 550HP+, combine it with a dual clutch automatic transmission..

Then drop it into a wider body 3rd Gen IS weighing in at 3500lbs.

Old 12-26-15, 04:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Matt Farah said that the ISF was a great used car. I think the GSF is probably the same. Almost 90k for a new GS-F !!!! Thats without the clear bar, wheel protection, blah blah blah. I Love this car but you would have to be a little nuts to buy this over the 640HP CTSV if buying brand new, and I am one of the biggest Lexus fan boys on earth . To each his own.
Old 12-27-15, 08:41 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Cool

Seems to be Nebula Gray Pearl, on the side view mirror.

The mirrors on the Nebula Gray Pearl GS F are a picture perfect match.

I do believe they were supposed to be real Carbon Fiber to match the Rear Trunk Spoiler & Front Bumper lower grill trim, also finished in CF.. (LFA technology on all the CF components)

Not sure what happened or why Nebula Gray Pearl was chosen..

If you look closely at the Window / Door Pillars, the center is also finished in Nebula Gray Pearl.

For those wanting the NA revised V8.. Get it while it lasts..

The twins are coming back sooner than you think..!!

Joe Z

Originally Posted by 702FSport
I was wondering the same thing, I looked on the brochure and it looks like all of them come like that, Even the Molten Pearl one, at first I thought the factory put the wrong mirrors lol, I want to know whats the story behind that.
Old 12-27-15, 11:38 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I noticed that when saw it . That is REALLY stupid of them . I actually thought it was cf then walked up and was like WTF !! WEAK !!!
Old 12-27-15, 12:11 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

They should have just given us the v10 from the LFA.
Old 12-27-15, 01:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I noticed that when saw it . That is REALLY stupid of them .
Does look Sorta - Nope REAL SILLY a BIG here.

Lou
Old 12-27-15, 07:49 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Seems to be Nebula Gray Pearl, on the side view mirror.

The mirrors on the Nebula Gray Pearl GS F are a picture perfect match.

I do believe they were supposed to be real Carbon Fiber to match the Rear Trunk Spoiler & Front Bumper lower grill trim, also finished in CF.. (LFA technology on all the CF components)

Not sure what happened or why Nebula Gray Pearl was chosen..

If you look closely at the Window / Door Pillars, the center is also finished in Nebula Gray Pearl.

For those wanting the NA revised V8.. Get it while it lasts..

The twins are coming back sooner than you think..!!

Joe Z
Lexus made the RCF/GSF bigger and heavier than our generation ISF but for some reason decided to stick with 19" wheels They look way too small on both the RCF/GSF! Nothing that aftermarket 20" or hell even 21" wheels can't fix aesthetically for them, but once again why Lexus wouldn't upsize the wheels baffles me?
Old 12-27-15, 08:31 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Those 19" wheels don't look too small to me.

At $85K base I'm not too interested in the GS-F. This engine in a 3600lb car is what the next IS-F should be, at under $70K.
Old 12-27-15, 08:49 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by SubOrbital
Those 19" wheels don't look too small to me.

At $85K base I'm not too interested in the GS-F. This engine in a 3600lb car is what the next IS-F should be, at under $70K.
There are some videos floating around of a RCF racing with I think Gearbangin's ISF doing pulls, anyhow that RCF if I'm not mistaken has 20" aftermarket wheels and to me, what a difference they made! It might have some suspension work done to it also, but don't quote me on it.

I agree with you though at $85k yikes! I wonder how many of these Lexus is going to sell???

Does anybody know the first year production run totals for the RCF out of curiosity?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw a GSF at the dealer