IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!

Old 11-19-15, 09:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Just got these from the track photographer from AMP
Attached Thumbnails ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-img_4309.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-img_4297.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-img_4326.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-img_4354.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-img_4272.jpg  

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-img_4276.jpg  
Old 11-20-15, 06:57 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Old 11-27-15, 07:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Old 11-27-15, 07:53 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Another nice run tammer. This reminds me of auto club speedway...it funny ur enjoying ur self hitting triple digits..lol...
Old 11-27-15, 09:38 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Posted this one back in July....took on a number of Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum Motorpark in my all seasons lol.
Old 11-28-15, 01:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
Another nice run tammer. This reminds me of auto club speedway...it funny ur enjoying ur self hitting triple digits..lol...

lol putting those oem pads to the test !

Originally Posted by lexicon72
https://youtu.be/0J1vrUrnU3s
Posted this one back in July....took on a number of Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum Motorpark in my all seasons lol.

Nice video !! Track looks really nice too. Brand new and wide. Even the rumble strips looks fresh. The tracks in AZ are ancient and have been beaten down by the sun and heat
Old 11-28-15, 01:43 PM
EDU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, nice thread..... I might have to take my is250 to the track this summer.
Old 11-28-15, 07:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by EDU
Damn, nice thread..... I might have to take my is250 to the track this summer.
Do it. These Lexus sedans can take a beating. All I would recommend is to absolutely change your pads and brake fluid . The ISF comes with the track stuff.
Old 11-29-15, 09:50 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Here is a vid from 3 yrs ago in the snow.

https://vimeo.com/57722411

Here is our Ohlins Road and Track shock testing on the tight track
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-30-15, 06:38 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Very cool . Mike that track you did the coil testing on looks tighter than tight. Car was getting a little lose in the rear toward the middle . Was it too stuff in the rear or was it just older tires ? How did you address the loss if grip on exit ? Stiffen front or loosen the rear . My concern with coils is the adjustability. Kind of a double edged . Can be good if you know what you are doing like you do but wonder if many have them set correctly . Could be lower and nicer to look lat but wonder if they always handle better . Example
Imagine the average guy who buys bc coils for looks . Sometimes I wonder if my car still handles better stock .
Old 11-30-15, 08:53 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Very cool . Mike that track you did the coil testing on looks tighter than tight. Car was getting a little lose in the rear toward the middle . Was it too stuff in the rear or was it just older tires ? How did you address the loss if grip on exit ? Stiffen front or loosen the rear . My concern with coils is the adjustability. Kind of a double edged . Can be good if you know what you are doing like you do but wonder if many have them set correctly . Could be lower and nicer to look lat but wonder if they always handle better . Example
Imagine the average guy who buys bc coils for looks . Sometimes I wonder if my car still handles better stock .
The IMI track is pretty tight for a heavy car and we were on performance street tires, old 275/35 star specs with really light wheels (18lbs). For everyone's criticism the BC coils are still a monotube shock with multiple valve shims and a lot of range if implemented correctly. You can actually use Bilstein shims to revalve them and get a lot of dynamic range out of a budget shock with the proper spring rates. Most traction has to do with smooth power application relative to the available traction. With heavier wheels and 305 tires, we cannot spin the rear as readily but the suspension setup is also pretty toe neutral and returns to center predictably. I always test the limits of traction to see how the suspension responds to rapid changes to input and as much as people focus on shocks alone, the suspension geometry is far more important to overall stability and bite in a corner. You can soften the rear but if you have factory toe geometry you end up scrubbing tire and losing grip. No 2 drivers will approach a corner identically and the throttle modulation is very important. One issue with the F is the throttle response due to TBW on tighter tracks. Makes me want a manual tranny.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-30-15, 10:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Got you . Did not mean to bash the bc coils . Was just using them as an example since they are probably the most common
Old 11-30-15, 10:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Super excited ! Just got these in tonight
Attached Thumbnails ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo409.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo456.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo4294966463.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo465.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo542.jpg  

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo4294966318.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo233.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo4294966431.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo437.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo943.jpg  

ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo4294966896.jpg   ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!-photo4294967124.jpg  
Old 12-03-15, 10:25 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

bump !! Come on guys. Some of you guys are holding out.

If you have video to add please do.

Saw an amazing clip of a guy in an ISF at Chuckwalla . I think Im going to make the drive out there in March. After seeing how smooth open and flowing it is , I AM SOLD !

CHECK THIS OUT ! great video and he does some drifting at the end. Pretty cool !!

Old 12-03-15, 03:46 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
bump !! Come on guys. Some of you guys are holding out.

If you have video to add please do.

Saw an amazing clip of a guy in an ISF at Chuckwalla . I think Im going to make the drive out there in March. After seeing how smooth open and flowing it is , I AM SOLD !

CHECK THIS OUT ! great video and he does some drifting at the end. Pretty cool !!
Nice! I prefer that camera view over those mounted on the dash or mirror. Here's a video I put together from the RR Racing track day at New Jersey Motorsports Park. It includes all of my 2nd session of the day, & some of it is kinda boring to watch in comparison to that one from Chuckwalla.

-Mike

Last edited by mikersoft; 12-03-15 at 04:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISF track day photo gallery and video thread!