IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF vs new WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 07:38 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ISF vs new WRX STI

This new STI is a limited production with 330hp in Blue and yellow then which one would you pick if you have $40k ? luxury sport sedan vs sport sedan I assume a used 2011/2012 ISF is at $40k vs new WRX STI near $40k.

Latest news source
http://jalopnik.com/the-subaru-wrx-s...njo-1739081791
http://www.sti.jp/product/s207/nbr_front.html

Last edited by ISF350; 10-27-15 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-27-15, 08:32 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

If you want a nimble, crazy handling car with decent power and fun to drive, go with the STi. The STi still has a hydraulic steering rack with amazing road feel. That was one downside coming to the ISF, I think the steering is very artificial. If you want the luxury and speed, go with the ISF. I love my ISF for that reason. When I want to be comfortable, it's comfortable and when I want speed I just mash the gas. STi still suffers from the dreaded interior and boy racer looks.
Old 10-27-15, 09:02 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ISF vs new WRX STI

Originally Posted by PatrickISF
If you want a nimble, crazy handling car with decent power and fun to drive, go with the STi. The STi still has a hydraulic steering rack with amazing road feel. That was one downside coming to the ISF, I think the steering is very artificial. If you want the luxury and speed, go with the ISF. I love my ISF for that reason. When I want to be comfortable, it's comfortable and when I want speed I just mash the gas. STi still suffers from the dreaded interior and boy racer looks.
Quoted for truth.

Although that new blue Subaru just came out with is gorgeous.
Old 10-27-15, 09:33 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new STI looks nasty! but looks like a kids car imo
Old 10-28-15, 01:07 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Lexus hands down...that goes with performance as well...
Old 10-28-15, 02:18 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the STI looks nice,but more cars will be wanting to race you with it....the isf is a more serious car,you can use it until you get married....and have kids.....and still looks beastly while the subaru platforms keeps coming out with newer models,newer look....a year or 2 later.....there will be a new sti and the car wont be as cool anymore
Old 10-28-15, 05:04 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

I don't want to make it seem like I am posting this just because I am plugging our RR-Racing/Penske coilovers... BUT, comparing stock for stock, certainly the STi will feel like a much more nimble car, but the ISF benefits much more from suspension tuning than the STi. Our RRR/Penske setup combined with our USRS **Transforms** the car like nothing else. It becomes more precise, more balanced, and more fun than an STi.

Only disadvantage of an ISF is the lack fo manual tranny.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 10-28-15, 05:34 AM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice but not my cup of tea.I like the older bugeye versions of the STI
Old 10-28-15, 06:00 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,846 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Yeah, no manual is the only downside. Who would want a slower IS F anyway?

Old 10-28-15, 06:29 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While the STI is a blast to drive( my brother had one and I seriously contemplated getting one), I love having the combination of an absolute animal as well as a luxury cruiser.. When my father first rode in the IS-F his first words describing it was "executive barge meets hooligan hotrod." that sums up perfection in my book.

Yes the Sti might be nimble but at the end of the day it's really about what you want to feel when you get in the car. A boy racer/rigid ride or a little more subdued sleeper with that level of panache and luxury.
Old 10-28-15, 07:11 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a modded 2006 Legacy Spec-B, traded it for the ISF, nuff said.
Old 10-28-15, 07:17 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you didn't search, I've already seen several of these threads. Basically what everyone else says.

Subaru = kiddy or teenager rice rocket that you can mod to hell and back, but still feels cheap. Plus you constantly worry about losing a ringland or the tranny, even more so when you mod. You lose a TON of money reselling the STI when you buy it new too.

ISF = bullet proof, more fun, more comfortable, more "grown up, and less cheap feeling. I still think my ISF stock, and now with a catback, had more power than my '13 STI with just about every bolt on. It's just more fun to drive day in and day out.
Old 10-28-15, 07:20 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plus, not that it really matters but, the STI will never get front parking spot at a nice restaurant. If the valet knows his cars (and many do) the F will get a reserved spot right by the front door.
Old 10-28-15, 07:34 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LOWFAST
Plus, not that it really matters but, the STI will never get front parking spot at a nice restaurant. If the valet knows his cars (and many do) the F will get a reserved spot right by the front door.
as an owner of both STI and IS-F this is the truth

is it confirmed that the S207 is coming stateside? US has never received the special editions (S202+) before so it would be a first.
Old 10-28-15, 07:46 AM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the S207 wheels look almost identical to the 2012+ IS-F wheels...

Quick Reply: ISF vs new WRX STI