IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF VS RCF sales and sightings after 1st 10months for each

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 08:26 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default ISF VS RCF sales and sightings after 1st 10months for each

OK long post name lol but just wanted to go back a few years I remember back in 2008 when the ISF first came out within that first 10 months I spotted 10 isf on the road at events, meets, driving around on my daily commute from Westchester County into New York City. Fast foward to 2015 same time period 10 months into year, Same daily driving commute but I have yet to see one RCF on the road or any events or meet my question is why?

1. Is it that even though RCF offers newer body style as well as technology better handling and ride it doesn't offer a massive improvement over total performance.

2. Is it price, a fully option. RCF with the carbon fiber package including taxes here in my home state of New York you looking at over $80,000. With the price being this high it now puts the car in different bracket where there are several other options in that price range.

3. I haven't seen as many m3s or C63 s as well have these cars in this market with the price escalating and taste changing jump the shark so to speak. With fully optioned out M4/3 in the $90,000 range.

4. Has it been bad press with some reviewers giving it poor reviews when it comes to its track handling capabilities even though its subjective there have been some very positive reviews on its track handling abilities. Has some of this bad press affected its sales. Is RCF going through what the isf went through for its first two years?

Chime in everyone I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions
Old 10-13-15, 09:21 PM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already seen more RC-Fs on the road than IS-Fs, ever. Though to be fair, I've only been looking for IS-Fs since I learned of their existence in 2012. You gotta look at the sales numbers! Oh, and, how fast the used ones move on car guru since they track how long it's on the dealer's lot heh

Interesting speculation, but it is ... extreme speculation given very few anecdotal data points.
Old 10-13-15, 09:37 PM
Weapon F

I have see RC 250 and RC 350 nearly everyday but not one RCF in NYC with over 8 million people and that doesn't include Tristar area of CT and NJ traffic that drives into NYC. I love to see latest sales figures on RCF
Old 10-13-15, 09:55 PM
Weapon F

From Lexus enthusiast total sale so far this year of all lexus models
ISF VS RCF sales and sightings after 1st 10months for each-screenshot_2015-10-14-00-44-15.png
Old 10-13-15, 10:19 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
I have see RC 250 and RC 350 nearly everyday...
I would love to spot an RC 250 haha. I think I know what you meant there, but that would be more elusive than seeing an RC F on the roads.

In truth, I have seen more RC Fs than IS Fs in the same amount of time when I first bought my IS F. I don't think it has much to do with media presuming the RC F is weaker than the competition, but rather it is a niche market, one that Lexus has barely entered. I will say this- people buy M3/M4 because of the name. The same goes for the C63 by Mercedes. There are still people out there who don't know what Lexus F is, and I'm particularly referring to those who think they see an F, but are actually highlighting F-sport. I have nothing against F-sport at all. It has added to the sporty perspective Lexus needs in order to compete. But the fact remains, the F and F-sport labels are so interchangeable when "spotting" or highlighting a particular model, when in fact they should't be.
Old 10-14-15, 07:06 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

So far I've seen three rcfs out in ny. M3/m4s I've seen plenty. I counted 15 in just two days. I even asked an owner if the deals they're giving are that good.
Old 10-14-15, 07:54 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Ive seen a few. . .

Last edited by Gearbangin; 10-14-15 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-14-15, 08:15 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I see a new m3/m4 every other day. the only RCF i seen was on a dealer showroom a few months ago and its still sitting there.

I think its a bit of the bad press and a bit of people not knowing the performance mark of lexus "F"
Old 10-14-15, 02:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They do the hot weather testing near my office so I constantly see the same orange RCF with the CF roof and all these weird reflective stickers on the rear bumper. Driver looks 100 years old, but most of the test drivers I have seen are older men
Old 10-14-15, 07:06 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

The RC F is struggling to move inventory... Some have been on the ground over 200 days...

The IS F did better in its launch year, even in the start of the 2008 economic downfall / recession..

Theirs a few layers of issues with this RC F, including power, weight & price..

Lexus has some homework to do, if they are intending for the "F" brand to flourish..

I've seen more LFA's than RC F here in SoCal

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
They do the hot weather testing near my office so I constantly see the same orange RCF with the CF roof and all these weird reflective stickers on the rear bumper. Driver looks 100 years old, but most of the test drivers I have seen are older men
^^ When I retire... That will be one of my boring jobs....

Joe Z
Old 10-14-15, 07:58 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The RC F is struggling to move inventory... Some have been on the ground over 200 days...
Part of it has to be the price tag of over 80K I don't think Lexus has proven itself in this niche market (ISF the first foray into it and not a long sales track record for the F performance line)to be asking over 80K for the GSF and RCF. Some will pony up the dough, but for most people they will wait for them to be on the used car market for a 50% depreciation hit then pick up a sweet ride
Old 10-14-15, 10:15 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Part of it has to be the price tag of over 80K I don't think Lexus has proven itself in this niche market (ISF the first foray into it and not a long sales track record for the F performance line)to be asking over 80K for the GSF and RCF. Some will pony up the dough, but for most people they will wait for them to be on the used car market for a 50% depreciation hit then pick up a sweet ride
pretty much. F isn't as renowned as ///M or AMG just yet.
Old 10-14-15, 10:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The IS F did better in its launch year, even in the start of the 2008 economic downfall / recession..

Lexus has some homework to do, if they are intending for the "F" brand to flourish..

Joe Z
I have a few of the Lexus test drivers as patients over the years and they always say it's not very exciting. Its just mileage at normal speeds and apparently getting a ticket is cause for termination. I see them drive around with these huge plastic containers filled with water in each of the passenger seats to simulate weight.
Old 10-15-15, 07:16 AM
Weapon F

Joe Z
Joe you Hit on head when they launch the ISF in 2008 I saw them all over the place with the launch of the RCF so far I haven't seen 1 RCF on the road since its launch for me in my area this is quite strange. I live in a quite affluent area in the suburbs of New York City, I'm in Greenwich Connecticut constantly which is another extremely affluent area I see Lamborghinis, GTRs, M4/3 there are actually 2 powder blue M'so in my neighborhood M4 and M3 real pretty cars, ZO6 Corvette, Maseratis,C63AMG,Jaguar f-type even the Porsche Cayman GT4, 911GT3 but yet not one RCF. Two local dealership have sent me several notifications offering me deals on a new RC F, I've even received two phone calls from one of salesmen wanted me to come in and talk with them. Maybe it's just in my area for whatever reason they're not catching on. It will be interesting to see the final sales numbers at the end of 2015 to see how well the RCF has done in its first year. Let's see how the GSF fairs once it's released, I have feeling that it actually made do better than RC F due to it being a sedan only time we'll tell.
Old 10-15-15, 11:44 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the RCF sales numbers are considered low, I bet Lexus will lower the production numbers on the GSF.
I believe the RCF has a lot more competition stacked up against it, compared to when the ISF first came out in 2008.

Quick Reply: ISF VS RCF sales and sightings after 1st 10months for each