ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Likely future ISF owner (?s) (former WRX/EVO owners step in) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/800094-likely-future-isf-owner-s-former-wrx-evo-owners-step-in.html)

I8ABMR 10-13-15 04:25 PM

damn looks like the progression is EVO/STI to ISF to GTR . A whole lotta letter and speed LOL

Kojak77 10-13-15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by I8ABMR (Post 9215257)
damn looks like the progression is EVO/STI to ISF to GTR . A whole lotta letter and speed LOL

I'm hoping mine goes STI to ISF to 911.

subiepunk 10-13-15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by I8ABMR (Post 9215257)

It was either IS F or M3 and I decided IS F for there reasons:
Less common
I'd rather spend my money on mods than repairs

ISDAS 10-13-15 05:14 PM

2015 WRX to 2011 ISF here.

but have been a previous lexus owner and should have just bought the F a long time ago..

I have always liked wrx's since I was a kid so im glad I got it out of the system but the car isnt for me, yes it has the grip (which is amazing - I upgraded to STI 18x8.5s and potenza's and had eibach springs) but I dont know the car just didnt ' do it' for me, it didnt feel special - as other guys have said when you just start up the F you instantly have a smile and the car just feels well, special..

once you get one you will know what we are all going on about :)

RRRacing 10-13-15 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have tuned hundreds of WRX/STi's and some EVO's, S2000's, BRZ's.

The bottom line difference is that you will save money in the long run w/ the ISF if you are comparing reliability of any modified 4-banger to the ISF. When I see new STi's selling for $38k, I have to laugh. I personally think an ISF with 80k miles is more reliable than a new STi.

That said, well modified EVO, S2000, or BRZ handle really well, and have that go-kart point and shoot feeling that is hard to match with a heavy sedan like the ISF... which is why you need our RR-Racing/Penske coilovers which push the limits of handling and response of the ISF to another league:-)

Rafi

2URGSE 10-14-15 07:35 PM

2004 STi Stage 2 here. Purchased 03/03/2004, sold 01/10/2010.

I don't miss the harsh ride, the wing and the look. I do miss the turbo surge, RECARO seats, Defi gauges and the sound the blow-off valve makes when letting off the throttle. (thanks to the APS CAI 65mm)

Also driven just about every Evo that came to U.S shores since 2003 (Evo 8 GSR, Evo 8 MR, Evo 9 GSR, Evo 9 MR) a buddy of mine back in California has a fully built Evo 9 MR. Great car.

The IS-F is a different beast, mine does not have any rattles and I enjoy driving it on the weekend. Many others daily drive their IS-F's.

You won't get bored with the power, the V8 sound and how comfortable it is.

XutvJet 10-17-15 10:39 AM

Thank you everyone. I've become very comfortable with making the decision to go forward with getting an ISF. The problem now is finding one local to me in Kansas City. So the search begins.

Now I need to start removing parts from my WRX hatchback. It absolutely blows my mind that I paid $28,200 for my WRX new back in March 2012 and it is still worth $25,500.

Tokenblkgy 10-17-15 11:37 AM

Great job on the decision and good luck. Take it for what's its worth but try looking out of kansas City and all over.. I live in Northern Cali and I flew to Houston Texas to get my ISF. Best decision because I couldn't find what I wanted in all of California... and I saved over 3K in sales tax alone by buying out of state. . I searched cars.com, auto trader a d CL all over the nation before I found the right one.. I'm so glad I did.. And that 2400 mile trip back to Cali inn the 2 days I drove it was amazing.. Really got an appreciation for the F..

RRRacing 10-17-15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by XutvJet (Post 9219868)
Thank you everyone. I've become very comfortable with making the decision to go forward with getting an ISF. The problem now is finding one local to me in Kansas City. So the search begins.

Now I need to start removing parts from my WRX hatchback. It absolutely blows my mind that I paid $28,200 for my WRX new back in March 2012 and it is still worth $25,500.

Check out www.cars.com... they show a 2008 pearl white ISF with 54k miles listed for $33k in Pryor Oklahoma. You can probably knock them down below $30 if you push hard. 54000 miles is nothing on an ISF. Will be more reliable than a new STi:-)

there is also a really nice 2012 ISF gray, with 36k for $40k in Tulsa OK.

Rafi

XutvJet 10-17-15 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RRRacing (Post 9220071)
there is also a really nice 2012 ISF gray, with 36k for $40k in Tulsa OK.

Yep, I was really eyeing that gray 2012 and inquired about it the day it showed up on Cars.com. They were all over me trying to buy it. Two days later the Carfax posted showing two wrecks. I inquired about the wrecks and they have been completely unresponsive since. This is an L-certified car too :sad:

I've also been looking at a silver 2013 ISF with 11K miles in Oklahoma City. The issue I have with the car is that it has a KN intake. Another L-certified car too LOL. I told them I'm not a fan of aftermarket parts on cars I'm buying. I said I'd be interested in the car if they'd replace the intake with the OEM system. They're not interested in doing that. That car has been sitting on their lot for 6 weeks.

I'm not terribly impressed with the L-certification process to say the least.

Tokenblkgy 10-17-15 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by XutvJet (Post 9220167)
Yep, I was really eyeing that gray 2012 and inquired about it the day it showed up on Cars.com. They were all over me trying to buy it. Two days later the Carfax posted showing two wrecks. I inquired about the wrecks and they have been completely unresponsive since. This is an L-certified car too :sad:

I've also been looking at a silver 2013 ISF with 11K miles in Oklahoma City. The issue I have with the car is that it has a KN intake. Another L-certified car too LOL. I told them I'm not a fan of aftermarket parts on cars I'm buying. I said I'd be interested in the car if they'd replace the intake with the OEM system. They're not interested in doing that. That car has been sitting on their lot for 6 weeks.

I'm not terribly impressed with the L-certification process to say the least.

I ended up going non Certified just because the examples I found were out of my price range. wasnt going over 35K for an ISF,, i was very fortunate to find a ISF that had been dealer serviced since inception and got the full service history from Lexus of Clearlake when i had it there for a pre purchase inspection.. it was money so i grabbed it. I may go for an extended warranty later but for now I'm figuring it all out..

Check out this ISF at Sewell. I spoke to the sales manager for 30 min over this car as i was a click away from buying my plane ticket and flying out to purchase it. However i went with a 2011 ISF in Houston instead that poped up right after i spoke to them about this one. This one is clean and its 1 owner and he sent me some more pictures, silver just wasnt the color i was looking for. They have had this a while so if you can get maybe 2-3K off its a steal...
I have the sales managers info if you want it. .. Not to far from Kansas City.. :P

http://www.sewelllexus-dallas.com/Ve...arch=certified

SubOrbital 10-17-15 09:08 PM

Resale on turbo Subarus is abnormally high - and not because they're worth it IMO. Enthusiast market keeps them artificially high. Less desirable models don't sell for as much. For instance my BRZ barely sold for just over $18K almost 3 years after I bought it for $27.5K, before T/T/L.

XutvJet 10-17-15 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by SubOrbital (Post 9220289)
Resale on turbo Subarus is abnormally high - and not because they're worth it IMO. Enthusiast market keeps them artificially high.

Yes, but I'm not complaining. When I bought the car, I knew resale would be stellar. Now that Subaru got rid of the hatchback, it's extremely desirable and resale is stronger than ever. The car is in excellent condition too. In 3.5 years of ownership, my WRX never once had to go back to the dealer for a single problem.

XutvJet 10-17-15 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kojak77 (Post 9215286)
I'm hoping mine goes STI to ISF to 911.

My garage plan for years has been an ISF and a Cayman S or 911 S. That's all I'll ever want.

96300NAZ 10-18-15 12:23 PM

My 04 STi had 60k on it and it was worth 20k. Crazy resale values!