IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

West Coast Customs sending me a quote!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 12:23 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default West Coast Customs sending me a quote!

Hey everyone. I sent a message to West Coast Customs last night and told them what I have done to my car and what I would be looking for. One of their guys called me this morning and got some ideas flowing and he is going to write up a quote for me on a bunch of custom work including a special paint job.

I wouldn't dare discussing about a tv skit at this point but what do you guys think? Do you think it will be possible for an average joe like me to get a tv skit? How about the car, is it special enough for tv? Shall i ask sometime down the road or see if they will ask...?

Are there any suggestions out there for any ideas you guys think should go on the car, parts or accessories? Any ideas with the custom paint job are open for discussion as well. Just know that i want my base paint to be pearl white as i am so finished with black and hard to keep clean vehicles... Also, i am looking for the ICODE Carbon Fiber Hood and LEMS GT Wing. I want the car Classy, not Ricey...

Thanks for the support guys! I am excited to see what they come up with and what kind of suggestions you guys throw my way.
Old 10-05-15, 12:34 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Good luck... Whatever they come up with, I'm sure it won't be cheap!
Old 10-05-15, 04:07 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default West Coast Customs sending me a quote!

Why? If you have the money to have this type of work done then you should be upgrading the entire car.
Old 10-05-15, 04:44 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Reaper21
Why? If you have the money to have this type of work done then you should be upgrading the entire car.
Why would you ask that question? I don't want to upgrade the car, I love the rareness of the car combined with the engine, reliability, sound, transmission. I love the car!!!

There are so many C63's, M4's, M3's, Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, GTR's, etc... Which, I could have any of them if I really wanted them, money is not an issue... I really don't care for any of these cars, I see a corvette at every corner and there are at least 4 GTR's running around here. I want to have the 1 and only ISF around, which is the case where I live. And to make it even more fun, I am going to custom this beast as much as I want...

To each their own my friend... To each their own....

In the future for this thread, please everyone, don't tell me why I shouldn't or can't... If you don't like it, don't reply to this thread...
Old 10-05-15, 05:47 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
Why would you ask that question? I don't want to upgrade the car, I love the rareness of the car combined with the engine, reliability, sound, transmission. I love the car!!!

There are so many C63's, M4's, M3's, Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, GTR's, etc... Which, I could have any of them if I really wanted them, money is not an issue... I really don't care for any of these cars, I see a corvette at every corner and there are at least 4 GTR's running around here. I want to have the 1 and only ISF around, which is the case where I live. And to make it even more fun, I am going to custom this beast as much as I want...

To each their own my friend... To each their own....

In the future for this thread, please everyone, don't tell me why I shouldn't or can't... If you don't like it, don't reply to this thread...
Man, I love my ISF, but if had real money I'd have a Porsche GT2 in my driveway! I think you should keep it racing themed and not go to show car! Maybe a multi stage House of color Pearl paint, racing orange red calipers, two tone interior with matching exterior piping.. Maybe go wide body in the rear with some nice deep wheels!
Old 10-06-15, 05:13 PM
Eckotyper
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we heard you like whips. so we put a cool whip whip whipped in some miracle whip with a side of guacamole dip.
Old 10-06-15, 05:32 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Just don't let Xzibit near your car.
Old 10-06-15, 05:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I'd say keep it tasteful. Leave the paint alone. Mod your suspension and wheels as well as add as much CF goodness as you can. ( Lip, diffuser, side pieces) . I think overkill is exactly that. In terms of paint I would suggest a wrap so you are not committed and you don't kill the value with some strange color ( unless you plan on keeping it forever)
Old 10-06-15, 06:16 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Are they doing anything crazy performance wise, or is it strictly aesthetic mods at this point?

More power to ya if you have the funds. I don't think they even take on projects that don't entail a blank check haha.
Old 10-06-15, 07:37 PM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Def. go for the TV appearance. Just look at what fast & furious did to the price of mk. IV Supras.
Old 10-06-15, 08:11 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Just don't let Xzibit near your car.
LOL.. I didn't think I'd use this image twice in the same day.

-Mike

Old 10-06-15, 08:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Honestly, it's a unique approach to modding. If chosen, you will get exposed to certain one-off mods that no one has done yet, and it will only add to the unique factor in which you view your car. WCC is known for more extravagant builds, ranging from Lambo doors, powerful acoustics, flashy "rims", and the such. I have yet to see any builds that can enhance a car's performance on a track or closed course. But then again, most of the vehicles that they work on aren't built for that purpose. The IS F can still be utilized for its performance engineering, but I personally do not see WCC approaching it from that aspect..

I have seen some of their work in person, and while very unique and intricate at times, it's definitely show car status. The only problem I see with this is that the car is performance-oriented at its roots, but then again I've seen this car become the talk at shows for its cambered and hellaflush look. To each his own, yes, but first you must determine what you want out of your vision if you were to collaborate with them.

Best of luck!
Old 10-06-15, 08:47 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

I8ABMR - Yes, I do plan on keeping the car forever, so yeah, I'm leaning towards not wrapping and going full out custom paint job.

bnizzle87 - Yes, I do race the car, but on the next weekend, I want to take the car to a car show and win some awards. Its the best of both worlds with this idea.

FFM - Not much else to do performance wise, I have I/H/E and Nitrous. Besides handling mods, performance mods are complete. I don't track the car, strictly 1/4mile so suspension is not really needed. I don't like lowering cars. We didn't discuss cost as they told me they would send me a quote for the work I was asking for. Obviously I can add or subtract as I want. In my initial email, I wrote to them that my budget is totally open to discussion.

When I spoke with them, I was asking to try and keep the car as classy as possible without going too far to the Riced out side. They got the vibe that I was asking for... I gave them some paint ideas as in I am looking for the Pearl White base and use the Lexus blue to custom hand paint some "F"s around the car, side panels or something. Maybe have some ghost flames coming off of the F's, still in the same Lexus blue. Paint a west coast customs logo somewhere on the car, maybe paint some more lexus racing logo's....

Still looking for some ideas if you guys want to throw some my way... Any input towards creating a cool design is welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by Bakewalk; 10-06-15 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-06-15, 09:12 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

So they still have a show then, is that what you are referring to as maybe getting your car as a build segment?

I haven't seen anything in years so kind of forgot about them.
Old 10-06-15, 09:29 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FFM
So they still have a show then, is that what you are referring to as maybe getting your car as a build segment?

I haven't seen anything in years so kind of forgot about them.
Sunday night at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern on Fox Sports 2

Quick Reply: West Coast Customs sending me a quote!