IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-18, 11:04 AM
QtrBillion
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QtrBillion
Same here on my 2004 RX. Just my driver's side door is evidencing (visually), passenger side is getting tacky to the touch.
see edit...RX330 model, not IS
Old 09-08-18, 01:12 PM
taverasaj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I am the second owner of a 2006 Lexus IS 250. Lexus has refused to replace the dashboard and door panels since the warranty has expired. My dashboard and door panels are in really bad shape. Are there any after market options out there?

To purchase these parts from Lexus is very expensive (close to $4K parts + labor).

Someone suggested getting a overlay for the dashboard but wanted to see if there are better options. I have searched far and wide for a solution. I hate to think that my only option is to sell the car.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-18, 05:45 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by taverasaj
Hello everyone,

I am the second owner of a 2006 Lexus IS 250. Lexus has refused to replace the dashboard and door panels since the warranty has expired. My dashboard and door panels are in really bad shape. Are there any after market options out there?

To purchase these parts from Lexus is very expensive (close to $4K parts + labor).

Someone suggested getting a overlay for the dashboard but wanted to see if there are better options. I have searched far and wide for a solution. I hate to think that my only option is to sell the car.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
There is a dash cover out there that I saw. Can't comment on the quality or how it even looks installed. You can also look into finding a totaled 2is and getting the interior compincompfrom that. I would look into a newer 2is if you go that route. Or...buy new. Good luck!
Old 09-09-18, 03:35 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Somehow, recently my trunk button kinda melted! It's a bit deformed and putty-like. It's never happened before and I've had the F in California for over 5 years now, and the weirdest thing is that this button is tucked in a corner above the rear license plate - as y'all know - so the sun basically never directly shines on it?????!!!!!

I haven't had significant issues at all with my interior/dash....

Huh.
The following users liked this post:
Dun (04-28-19)
Old 09-09-18, 04:57 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Somehow, recently my trunk button kinda melted! It's a bit deformed and putty-like. It's never happened before and I've had the F in California for over 5 years now, and the weirdest thing is that this button is tucked in a corner above the rear license plate - as y'all know - so the sun basically never directly shines on it?????!!!!!

I haven't had significant issues at all with my interior/dash....

Huh.
Commin problem. Mine has been melted and it actually will drip down onto the paint.
Old 10-18-18, 04:37 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Good luck getting any door panels anytime soon. My dash was replaced this week but the door panels are on back order with no ETA from Lexus. They are flooded with ppl taking their cars in for this and have 0 panels available in California. They just opened the door panel enhancement recall so it's going to be some time.

Last edited by Gsxr6k6; 10-18-18 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 10-18-18, 04:44 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vraa
Yall need to find a dealership that cares about YOU

I recently got my panels replaced after being denied by Lexus corporate. **** Lexus corporate. I can't believe they didn't include the IS-F in the recall. Lexus has gone down hill dramatically.

I got my sales lady who has been with Lexus for thirty years to help me out and they agreed to replace my dash board and door panels (all four).

Shout outs to West Side Lexus and Mary. She is truly a gem. She's the ONLY reason I still buy Lexus automobiles

Aside from her, Lexus dealers have their heads up their asses so far that they look like Mercedes.
Thats weird? ISF does have a recall on this.
Old 10-18-18, 10:23 PM
IntegraXTR
10th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus does now have a bulletin for the ISF! It’s called the ZLZ program. I’m on the waiting list for the door panels and dash at the moment. Head on down to your fav dealership and get on that list!
Old 10-21-18, 07:04 PM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

I got on the list for the doors too. Dealer told me the dash wasn’t covered on mine. That it had closed... my dash doesn’t seem to have a problem either. Does that mean it’s already been replaced?

Went to lexus the day I bought it. The next day it was sunny out and I experienced the problem in living color. OMG there’s no excuse for this. I’m embarrassed by Lexus for waiting so long to fix it.
Old 11-04-18, 03:22 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Weird. I still haven't experienced this with my '08, but my car lives in the garage away from sun most of the time.
Trust me, it eventually will happen. Just depends on how long the material will hold up until it begins the melt process. Get it checked out and replaced before they close out the recall on it. I would even let it sit in the sun so it begins to fail to get it replaced if they say it's fine. They were all made with the same material when produced.
Old 11-04-18, 03:26 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Just had all my door panels and dash replaced per "enhancement recall" for sticky material. Thought I was going to be waiting months but apparently right now is a good time to take it in since they are catching up in the back orders. Went ahead and got the full detail as well lol.
Old 11-04-18, 03:31 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by McPierson
I got on the list for the doors too. Dealer told me the dash wasn’t covered on mine. That it had closed... my dash doesn’t seem to have a problem either. Does that mean it’s already been replaced?

Went to lexus the day I bought it. The next day it was sunny out and I experienced the problem in living color. OMG there’s no excuse for this. I’m embarrassed by Lexus for waiting so long to fix it.
B.S! The dash is covered. Got mine replaced even though there was no stickiness yet. I would go to another dealer or try another service rep. Not sure why that service rep said that? Give them a bad survey that they were not helpful with the resolution of the problem.
Old 11-04-18, 05:20 PM
McPierson
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

It’s easy to say that. However, the dash has no problem and the doors are terrible. I suspect there is more nuance. The guy said that before he even looked at the car to know what the dash looked like.

They are telling me January.
Old 11-04-18, 05:42 PM
Gsxr6k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by McPierson
It’s easy to say that. However, the dash has no problem and the doors are terrible. I suspect there is more nuance. The guy said that before he even looked at the car to know what the dash looked like.

They are telling me January.
Well it's up to you but I can almost guarantee it's a mater of time before it degrades. It is made of the same material as the door panels and I have a lot of experience with this owning 2006 IS350, 2008 IS 350 and 2008 ISF. I didn't even mention my dash to the service rep. When he asked me about it I said it had a small scuff and he said we'll just replace it. "Shouldn't do that."
Old 11-04-18, 05:56 PM
Prezajf
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m taking my 2011 in on Wednesday my two front door panels have started to get sticky. I hope they do all four and the dash. 🤞🏽🤞🏽
The following users liked this post:
Dun (04-28-19)

Quick Reply: 08 IS-F owners with sticky dash door panels chime in!!