IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The wait is over is finally over!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 12:10 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking The wait is over is finally over!

Hello everyone!

My name's John and I'm from Gilbert AZ. I have been literally obsessed with Lexus ever since I saw an IS250 years ago. My obsession moved from the IS250 -> IS350 -> ISF. I was going to settle for an IS350 a couple years ago however I thought to myself that I would probably regret it if I saw an ISF on the road as there wasn't a huge difference in price. So I waited patiently for the perfect ISF, 2011+, SFP, black interior, navigation, ML, etc. I am a very patient person and I almost gave up searching for an ISF because I had contacted numerous sellers who end up selling the F within days or dealerships brushing me off because I am younger than most typical F owners (22). Long story short, the stars aligned perfectly and I was able to find the perfect F that fits my picky requirements. The car was purchased through a very nice owner who had it for a little over a year, he posted this vehicle in the classified for a couple months and I thought the car was definitely sold by now. However three months after him posting the original ad, I contacted him again to see if it was still available. Within hours of texting him, I was able to set up a date to buy the car and everything. Two weeks after talking with him and dealing with my Credit Union, I was heading from AZ to California to pick up the car (14 hour drive, but SO worth it) with my family's van (to carry the stock exhaust back). The owner was extremely cool and knowledgeable about the vehicle. The reason he was selling it was he had too many vehicles and the wife's making him get rid of the F. (He's got a GTR, A7, Q7, ISF, and an old Nissan). He already had the following mods installed including JoeZ exhaust, Takeda intake, clear bra, prototype swift springs (2" drop), and also gave me the stock exhaust, intake, and springs. This car is absolutely in mint condition with no scratch to be found, he definitely babied the car and I feel like I cheated as I have never experienced the IS250's, IS350's speed and went straight for a modded F. The drive back was amazing, she turns heads everywhere she goes, especially the menancing sound as she starts up, haha. I am coming from a '99 Accord so this is definitely a huge step up in every department especially speed. Although I worked very hard to obtain this car, I feel blessed and still cannot believe that my dream car is sitting inside my garage right now. I am an official owner since August 1st with 27.5k miles on her but due to work I was not able to post this until now.

P.S. I'm curious if anyone can answer this question as to why my F does not show the F logo inside the tach like many other F videos I have seen on YouTube. Another question is how come my F doesn't have those slight bumps below the headlights like many other F's I've seen on the forums? Thanks.

Without furter ado, here is Snow.

My F next to the seller's R35.

Wrapping up Snow for the long road trip.

Next to my friend's Supra.

Last edited by F Monster; 08-11-15 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 12:15 PM
Helo58
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

The car looks great. I hope you have many years of enjoying it.
Old 08-11-15, 12:18 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the F'amily

To get the F logo you have to be in manual mode. If it's not showing up cycle through the display options with the DISP button on the steering wheel. Also, the bumps under the headlights are headlight washers, it was an option so not all F's have them
Old 08-11-15, 12:25 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Couple of quick helpful hints/answers to your questions. The bumps under the headlamps are covers for the pop-up headlight washers. This was an option so that box may not have been checked for yours. It also does not appear that you have park assist. Sensors on the front and rear that alert you when you are close to an object. No biggie. To get the F logo on the screen the car has to be switched into manual mode. Easy - just move shifter to left when in drive and use the paddles for gear changes. Using manual and putting car in sport mode really does change the feel of it. Enjoy in good health!
Old 08-11-15, 12:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Dude ! Congrats. I am an AZ F guy too. We should try to hit Cars and coffee sometime . Congrats buddy. Many happy miles to you
Old 08-11-15, 01:27 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats. Be careful the wife might want to take your car. My wife always is trying to get me to let her take the car to work LOL
Old 08-11-15, 01:40 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

First of all, CONGRATS! You have acquired one of the coolest, fastest, most reliable and literally most unknown to most people vehicle.

Perfect color for Arizona. My ex boss is from there and loved my IS-F.

Sounds like you did your homework and were patient, which paid off. I can tell the other owner took good care of the car.

I would recommend KEEPING ALL THE STOCK PARTS (most of them are very pric$y and buying them again will be costly) until you decide what you want to do, if anything. Most of the intakes don't make power with this car, the veterans here will vouch for the stock airbox with Joe-Z or HPS intake and a drop in air filter (aFe, Tom's). The Takeda is a good choice, but the dyno numbers speak for themselves.

Get those windows tinted!!!

I recommend Redline 5W-30 and the factory insert filter. (9.8 qrtz)

If you need help with electronic counter measures, please shoot me a PM, keep the Arizona DPS away.
Old 08-11-15, 01:48 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the F forum
Old 08-11-15, 01:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Congrats! Must be one hell of an upgrade.. Also your headlight and F questions have been answered. but congrats, you're lucky that you got the exhaust right away!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-11-15, 01:53 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! You will be very pleased with its capabilities as both a sedan and performance vehicle. As 2URGSE mentioned, keep those stock parts. I've been seeing some owners who once had sold stock parts as they upgraded to aftermarket, only to need those same stock ones for whatever reason (smog, return to lease, selling vehicle, etc.). And of course, while not the most expensive, they are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain. And yes, AZ heat is brutal from my visit there, so definitely some nice dark, heat rejection tint.

May you enjoy your F to the fullest!
Old 08-11-15, 02:02 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Welcome to the F family amigo - perfect color combo! Enjoy.
Old 08-11-15, 02:03 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the F!
Old 08-11-15, 02:38 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the car! Any plans for modding?
Old 08-11-15, 02:52 PM
otbevo
Driver School Candidate

Nice ride! Just got mine as well!
Old 08-11-15, 03:04 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Congrats on the purchase. SFP is nice. Welcome to CL

Quick Reply: The wait is over is finally over!