IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-17, 09:22 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I must say this has NOT been my experience. My F aligns and the LCA bushings are the best handling upgrade I have done

Lou
Ditto Lou's experience above ^^^^^ have had my USRS bushings since they came out and no issues with pulling?

Doesn't sound normal for sure and I didn't realize that the bushings were needed to adjust the alignment, thought toe was only adjustable (confused....)?
Old 03-27-17, 09:26 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

installed + alignment, cars doesn't pull to the right. other cause may be tires. I had Michelin pilot sports A/S tires and these made the car pulled to the right.
Old 03-27-17, 02:09 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

I had slight pull to the right as well. Using a feeler gauge is critical during the installation. I had to re-do the install after driving around a bit. After the 2nd try it was spot on.
Old 03-27-17, 02:28 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
OMG bro!!! This is the EXACT post I've been meaning to type up the past few months.... Literally word for word!
I got my '12 F lowered and did not get an alignment as I knew in a few weeks I was going to get the usrs and was going to need an alignment after that. Car drove and steered PERFECTLY after lowering it so I know that's not the issue. I drives the car off at a shop to get the usrs installed along with an alignment and IMMEDIATELY noticed a hard pull to the right! I picked it up from the shop and immediately went on a trip and it was a frustrating drive to say the least.
I got back from the trip and took it straight back to the shop for a realignment. They did a realignment and nothing changed. I chalked it up to them not knowing how to properly align this car. So, I took it to Lexus for an alignment. They got it all straightened out and told me that it wasn't perfect due to aftermarket lca's.....I'm thinking to myself "I didn't know these LCA bushings would prevent the car from being aligned properly....Or else I wouldn't have gotten them". But the car steered MUCH better and the pull was soooo slight that I could deal with it. After a few times driving the car, the pull is back....and even more obvious in triple digit speeds (which makes it dangerous....Where before, I could be at 150 mph+ and the car felt smooth/stable and could drive it with 1 finger).
Frustrating stuff. I'm taking it to the dealership for one last realignment this week and if it can't be fixed, I'll be removing the RR usrs and going back to the factory bushings.

V.
Yeah, it might just be that the actual bushing bracket needs to be adjusted as part of the alignment. At least that's what my thinking is.
If the pull is indeed caused by a misaligned bracket, the dealer/mechanic could potentially reinstall the factory bushings in the exact same place and a pull would still be there.
At this point I'm hoping it's just a simple adjustment of the bracket and not a bigger issues with my steering rack or something else.
Old 03-27-17, 02:48 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
Yeah, it might just be that the actual bushing bracket needs to be adjusted as part of the alignment. At least that's what my thinking is.
If the pull is indeed caused by a misaligned bracket, the dealer/mechanic could potentially reinstall the factory bushings in the exact same place and a pull would still be there.
At this point I'm hoping it's just a simple adjustment of the bracket and not a bigger issues with my steering rack or something else.

Wonder why no one has a pull to the left if this is the case? Do you plan to try to adjust the bracket anytime soon?

V.
Old 03-27-17, 06:43 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Anyone try to do a zero point calibration thru Techstream?

Last edited by USB_F; 03-27-17 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Add
Old 03-27-17, 07:36 PM
drifto
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn... about to install my USRS this weekend, now I'm a little bit hesitant :s
Old 03-27-17, 10:22 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Wonder why no one has a pull to the left if this is the case? Do you plan to try to adjust the bracket anytime soon?

V.
Maybe in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to troubleshoot and determine whether this problem is related to a crappy job of installing the bushings, or if I have a bad steering rack. It might be the latter.
Old 03-27-17, 10:23 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Originally Posted by drifto
Don't be, just make sure the instructions are followed. Like I said to another poster, this isn't related to a bad product but possibly due to a bad install job of the product.
Old 03-28-17, 05:01 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Maybe in the next couple of weeks. I'm trying to troubleshoot and determine whether this problem is related to a crappy job of installing the bushings, or if I have a bad steering rack. It might be the latter.
With all the people having the same exact issue IMMEDIATELY after installing the usrs bushing, I HIGHLY doubt the pulling to the right is from a bad steering rack....unless somehow during installation the steering rack could be damaged?!?!

V.
Old 03-28-17, 06:25 AM
USB_F
Pole Position

unless somehow during installation the steering rack could be damaged?!?!
V.
Yeah, I really don't see that happening unless the installer tinkered with more than the LCA bolts
Old 03-28-17, 07:16 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the USRS bushings and coilovers the same day, followed by an alignment a few weeks later.

It's been almost a year, and I don't have any issues with the car drifting right or pulling right.

Lexus did my alignment.
Old 03-28-17, 08:33 AM
drifto
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't be, just make sure the instructions are followed. Like I said to another poster, this isn't related to a bad product but possibly due to a bad install job of the product.
Thanks, I will make sure to follow the instructions percisly and then perform a wheel alignment.
Old 03-29-17, 11:06 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine's making scaping-noises when going through dips and speed bumps during cold days (< 60F). Would be freaking helpful if the products were well tested and potential f'king annoying noises spelled out in the manual.

Get their recommended formula 5 Prelube as it's not available in automotive stores or shops (here in LA). It was a pain in the *** driving around the town looking for it and taken the time out to the shop to have them regreased. Given the lube is not a popular stock item, and relatively inexpensive for couple dollars, they should be included in the purchase free or a minimal charge.

Originally Posted by drifto
Old 03-30-17, 04:27 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by avgj0F
Mine's making scaping-noises when going through dips and speed bumps during cold days (< 60F). Would be freaking helpful if the products were well tested and potential f'king annoying noises spelled out in the manual.

Get their recommended formula 5 Prelube as it's not available in automotive stores or shops (here in LA). It was a pain in the *** driving around the town looking for it and taken the time out to the shop to have them regreased. Given the lube is not a popular stock item, and relatively inexpensive for couple dollars, they should be included in the purchase free or a minimal charge.
Our products are extremely well tested. If you have a problem, we are always willing to help, whether that means sending you some formula 5 lube, or simply giving you a tip to diagnose your "scraping noises." So regarding those noises, it could be anything, and not related to the USRS. But, we always recommend checking that the 22mm nuts that torque the USRS spindle are tight. If they become loose, they can potentially cause the USRS to squeak.

BTW, we don't include formula 5 prelube because most folks would loose it by the time they ever need to re-lube the USRS years later, but we gladly provide it.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.