IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 09:59 AM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sraban
Hi Guys!

We are glad that the RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) has been such a success and received so many good reviews. We are now backordered on this product, but no worries we are making new ones as fast as possible.

Before we finish the next lot of USRSs, we would like to make a quick survey. You noticed that we black anodized our bushing housings. Some people expressed an interest in IS-F like blue anodized color. Since we cannot make both colors, we would like to get your feedback what color would you prefer.

Please respond on this thread or send us a private message.

Thank you again!
-- Simon, RR Racing Manufacturing&Operations
For contrast, I say you make it in blue.
Old 07-12-15, 10:43 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

Black housing with a blue bushing is what I would really want. I wouldnt want a blue housing with a red bushing, that would look kinda tacky IMO.

Having said that it is under the car and would rarely be seen. I would buy it being blue/red but definitely not my style.
Old 07-14-15, 08:17 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by newgsman
Do these effect the ride quality in terms or any added harshness or noise?
I can answer your question. I got the RRRacing USRS bushings installed today. First thing I noticed was, there is no harshness, and no vibration in the steering wheel, just instant steering response. Turn the wheel, and the car reacts instantly, smoothly. It is amazing how much improvement there is in the steering responsiveness!
You do feel rough patches, bumps, and pot holes much more than with the stock bushings, and yes it's the chassis that transmits the firmness of this suspension upgrade. There is absolutely no noise from the RRRacing bushing when driving
Old 07-14-15, 11:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
I can answer your question. I got the RRRacing USRS bushings installed today. First thing I noticed was, there is no harshness, and no vibration in the steering wheel, just instant steering response. Turn the wheel, and the car reacts instantly, smoothly. It is amazing how much improvement there is in the steering responsiveness!
You do feel rough patches, bumps, and pot holes much more than with the stock bushings, and yes it's the chassis that transmits the firmness of this suspension upgrade. There is absolutely no noise from the RRRacing bushing when driving
This exactly what I have been waiting to hear as well. Thanks for posting this. Very concise and well written. I can deal with the added NVH through the chassis , but if its in the wheel Im not going to dig it . Going in soon for service. Excited to get this and the AO separatpr installed.
Old 07-15-15, 07:21 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

This sounds like a great mod to make the car handle better. Can't think of a reason why not to do it.
Old 07-15-15, 09:26 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.

I haven't read thru the Figs review in a while, but going off memory I do not recall so many people talking about how the steering and overall feel of the car around corners dramatically improved. It was mostly about the how inner tire wear would be dramatically reduced. Could be just a coincidence. After reading thru this thread it seems like these USRS bushings will both improve steering response and reduce inner tire wear.
Old 07-15-15, 04:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reaper21
I haven't read thru the Figs review in a while, but going off memory I do not recall so many people talking about how the steering and overall feel of the car around corners dramatically improved. It was mostly about the how inner tire wear would be dramatically reduced. Could be just a coincidence. After reading thru this thread it seems like these USRS bushings will both improve steering response and reduce inner tire wear.
looks like it and I hope its the case. I am installing mine soon
Old 07-16-15, 04:29 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper21
I definitely noticed an improvement in steering response with the FIGS. Though, it was nothing dramatic. The USRS seems to have raised the bar.

-Mike
Old 07-16-15, 07:21 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

got and installed yesterday. thanks to RR for the good instructions.most difficult part was the sticker install.

cheers
Old 07-16-15, 08:03 AM
2010ISFU
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish they came with FORMULA 5 PRELUBE so i can install mine. These FORMULA 5 PRELUBE are not at your local auto parts stores.
Old 07-16-15, 11:44 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010ISFU
I wish they came with FORMULA 5 PRELUBE so i can install mine. These FORMULA 5 PRELUBE are not at your local auto parts stores.
Where exactly would you use it?
Old 07-16-15, 12:08 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i didnt see this in the instruction manual but the 22 nut that goes onto the bushing at the end of the control arm is 83 lbs of torque. hope that helps some of you.
Old 07-16-15, 12:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I emailed Rafi and he said that shop grease is all you need to grease the LCA shaft. The Formula 5 stuff , I think, is for greasing the bushing if it needs it down the line
Old 07-19-15, 12:59 AM
Marn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

add me to the list.

Old 07-19-15, 02:09 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marn
add me to the list.

SO how does it feel ? What do you think ?

Quick Reply: Just installed the Ultimate Steering Response System (USRS) from RR-Racing.