IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-15, 06:25 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's a pic of mine. I apologize that the lighting is bad, my garage is pretty dim.

Old 06-25-15, 08:50 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordering mine today. I will take pics for before and after.

This is a no brainer and an issue with most cars.
Old 06-25-15, 10:14 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Here's a pic of mine. I apologize that the lighting is bad, my garage is pretty dim.

Looks like a clean install I ordered mine with blue hoses
The following users liked this post:
breed (11-22-17)
Old 06-25-15, 11:14 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

^ Please do take pics as I'm still trying to understand where this plugs into exactly.
Old 06-25-15, 11:19 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
^ Please do take pics as I'm still trying to understand where this plugs into exactly.
if you take off the cover you can see a hose on the front right of the manifold that goes to the crank case

im going to be ordering one soon and ill do a full review and write up on one of these with install
The following users liked this post:
isfvss (01-25-17)
Old 06-26-15, 12:02 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Looks like a clean install I ordered mine with blue hoses
Nice! I just got a batch of blue hose... if you would like to switch, PM me and and we will gladly send it free of charge. I think we will switch to blue hose for all future orders, seems like that's what most people prefer.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-26-15, 01:40 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Nice! I just got a batch of blue hose... if you would like to switch, PM me and and we will gladly send it free of charge. I think we will switch to blue hose for all future orders, seems like that's what most people prefer.

-Rafi
PM Sent!

Car is going in Monday for the ELF recall. I'm thinking of taking the Air/Oil separator off before it goes in since the install was so easy. Don't want the dealership breaking it and just electrical taping it back.
Old 06-26-15, 02:39 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my AOS in yesterday and installed it this evening. Very simple install and the instructions are very easy to follow with pictures and numbered locations. When I pulled the PCV hose off mine looked indentical to Mikersofts with a little oil puddling.

Now I need to slap on the 4 piston rear calipers!

Thanks Rafi for the freaky fast delivery to my APO box.
Old 07-06-15, 01:04 PM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I promised I would make a diy tutorial. There is no need. If you cant install this thing then you shouldnt even open your hood. Simple plug and play.

Just a little break down. RRracing air/oil separator is quality, fit well and serves a purpose. Now I dont track but I am over per-cautious and it never hurts to have an extra engine mod.

Instructions -

1. Undo PCV hose from intake manifold
2. Remove top two bolts on the crank case. They are 10mm
3. position air/oil system in place with the two crank screws you just took out. Make sure you put the spacers in on the new bolts. Botl them in.
4. Connect the stock PCV with right side hose from air/oil system
5. Then connect left hose to intake manifold.
Put all stock clamps back on. Your done. Super easy.

Some issues that I did run into.

1. The new intake manifold hose was good quality, but a super tight fit. I used a little LUBE to get her on.
2. There is a wire loom that was tight when installing the actual system to crank case. I had to move the loom clamp a little father down and actually flipped it around so it allowed the loom to be free. I was scared the metal might cut into the wires. You dont have to do this I am just super OCD.
3. Does come with instructions but they are pretty basic. Once I put two and two together it made more sense.

Other then that, great fit, would recommened to anyone. RRracing thanks for making quality products.

Name:  air-oil.jpg
Views: 2706
Size:  94.8 KB
Old 07-06-15, 03:54 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks for that write up, I got mine in last Friday and haven't yet put it on, but by the way it's sounding it shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 07-07-15, 12:27 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have seen video of my car running at the track from the view of a car right behind me for 2-3 laps and never saw any smoke. I figure it might be good just to be safe especially considering the temps we get in AZ and my tendency to still push the car in the heat. Its only $160
Old 07-07-15, 12:32 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to get out for a few hours drive sustaining 120-140 for majority of the drive with occasional 150-160's. The car seem to run smoother after installing the AOS. This could be just placebo. I will check the catch and oil level this evening and see if there was a change in either.
Old 07-07-15, 06:36 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I have seen video of my car running at the track from the view of a car right behind me for 2-3 laps and never saw any smoke. I figure it might be good just to be safe especially considering the temps we get in AZ and my tendency to still push the car in the heat. Its only $160
But that's the thing, smoke would just indicate that there's excessive amounts of oil being consumed likely due to an ineffective PCV system. Doesn't mean you still aren't consuming enough to hinder performance by reducing your octane level. Thus even if no smoke is visible, you can still be reducing vehicle performance.
Old 07-07-15, 01:13 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey I8ABMR,

I know you are a track junkie, and I guarantee you that you would be shocked to see how much oil you will accumulate in a typical track day. I empty my AOS after every 1/2 hour session.

Here is what we accumulated after 4 sessions at NJMP:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator-2015-05-02-21.06.42.jpg  
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-07-15, 05:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

And every engine will be different. The biggest issue here is ring fit. With good rings, there is little blowby, with poor ring fit, there is lots of blowby. I've been through lots of this back in the days I was building road race engines for motorcycles.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator