IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator

Old 11-30-16, 04:58 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Has anyone done a UOA on the contents of the AOS? I really doubt it is pure oil. If it were, I'd see a lower oil level after a track weekend. I have yet to observe this.
Its very oily, how much of it is actual oil vs. vapor/fuel wash/etc is hard to tell. Its always very black, even immediately after an oil change.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 11-30-16, 08:12 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Has anyone done a UOA on the contents of the AOS? I really doubt it is pure oil. If it were, I'd see a lower oil level after a track weekend. I have yet to observe this.
I haven't seen anybody yet here on CL that has done a UOA? I too am curious as well.....I have an AOS and it does indeed collect an oily mixture would be my guess oil/fuel??

Anyhow maybe I should start collecting what is caught in the AOS and put it in a sample bottle for Blackstone? It would take probably 4-6 weeks to get a usable sample for Blackstone to work with would be my guess?
Old 03-18-17, 07:01 AM
Bavarian
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it's the first AOS from RR Racing in Bavaria. Just installed it today Thank you for the great service RR Racing.

Best from Germany
The following users liked this post:
Evil Teo (03-20-17)
Old 04-24-17, 09:24 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Got my AOS kit a couple months ago but never bothered to install it until today. I attached all the tubes then as I was taking off the bolts to attach the canister, I couldn't get past these wiring. I tried unclipping them and moving them then plastic tubing started to crack. I was curious how did you guys move the cables?

Old 04-25-17, 08:13 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I was considering one of these but do they only come with the blue hoses? I like a less noticeable, lowkey look so black hosing would suit me better
Old 04-25-17, 08:24 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^IIRC their first kits came with black hoses until the community clamored for ISF Blue. They reacted in a positive way. I believe you can specify black, contact them and ask. If any case, you can always buy your own hose and replace the blue hose. The hose is inexpensive.

Lou
Old 04-25-17, 09:05 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F Monster
Got my AOS kit a couple months ago but never bothered to install it until today. I attached all the tubes then as I was taking off the bolts to attach the canister, I couldn't get past these wiring. I tried unclipping them and moving them then plastic tubing started to crack. I was curious how did you guys move the cables?

That wiring gets pushed back behind the canister. You can see it in the previous pic.
F Monster (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 10:14 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s4chico
That wiring gets pushed back behind the canister. You can see it in the previous pic.
pretty much what s4chico stated, you are not suppose to take it off but to move it a little to get the bolt past it and it should still remain behind the AOS canister.
F Monster (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 11:13 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by s4chico
Originally Posted by Evil Teo
pretty much what s4chico stated, you are not suppose to take it off but to move it a little to get the bolt past it and it should still remain behind the AOS canister.
Sounds good, I'll try that. Were you guys able to move the wires without unclipping the clip?
Old 04-25-17, 02:18 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds good, I'll try that. Were you guys able to move the wires without unclipping the clip?
i didn't unclip anything but moved it so the bolt can pass thru.
F Monster (04-25-17)
Old 04-26-17, 09:26 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^IIRC their first kits came with black hoses until the community clamored for ISF Blue. They reacted in a positive way. I believe you can specify black, contact them and ask. If any case, you can always buy your own hose and replace the blue hose. The hose is inexpensive.

Lou
yeah that's exactly what I was thinking as well, ill surely hit them up
Old 04-26-17, 06:35 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

I got it to fit correctly. I just drove home and opened my engine bay and the wires were really hot/warm so they were easily malleable to shift vs. working on it when the engine is cold. Bolted the bracket and catch can on, now just waiting for the car to cool down to plug in the remaining hoses in.
Old 04-27-17, 12:30 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Done! Thanks for the tips guys. I had a hard time attaching the grey clip at the intake manifold because the ringlet was too small but managed to squeeze it through. Also spent a lot of time trying to shove the bottom blue hose into the PCV only to realized that you don't need to shove it in all the way and that the clamps provided will just squeeze it together tightly. All in all, pretty easy installation.
Old 04-27-17, 04:05 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Done! Thanks for the tips guys. I had a hard time attaching the grey clip at the intake manifold because the ringlet was too small but managed to squeeze it through. Also spent a lot of time trying to shove the bottom blue hose into the PCV only to realized that you don't need to shove it in all the way and that the clamps provided will just squeeze it together tightly. All in all, pretty easy installation.
Looking good

-Mike
Old 11-16-17, 09:08 PM
mirza
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Question on port injection. I dont have a catch can installed on the RC F and I heard its worse than the IS F. I know the combustion will be worse when there is oil but from a reliability perspective dont the port injectors clean the valves to avoid buildup. I know that those vapors are hitting very high temp valves so Im not sure if anybody ever opened up the engine to see what the valves look like without the catch can?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with the RR Racing Air/Oil Separator