IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 12:14 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow

Here you go guys GS-F great looking car in person wouldn't have trade in my IS-F for it. But with competition all putting out well over 100hp as well 100tq over GS-F unfortunately I'll have to past for now. To bad car is beautiful inside and out but once again lexus brought knife to gun fight twice first RC-F now GS-F. Enough of me ranting on enjoy pic's.

Oh RC-F GT-3 is sick what a bad *** looking car I want that hood for my IS-F lol.
Attached Thumbnails Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow-img20150401_025126.jpg   Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow-img20150401_025229.jpg   Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow-img20150401_025347.jpg   Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow-img20150401_025427.jpg   Teaser pics of 2015 NYC Autoshow-img20150401_025519.jpg  

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-01-15 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-01-15, 05:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The GSF looked much better in the marketing pics that it looks here.
Old 04-01-15, 06:06 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The GSF looked much better in the marketing pics that it looks here.
I agree, but it still looks damn good.

Thanks for the Pics WeaponF
Old 04-02-15, 12:01 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
I agree, but it still looks damn good.

Thanks for the Pics WeaponF
Thanks Mrxslay
Old 04-02-15, 10:09 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks for the pics. The GSF doesn't excite me enough to want to go out and replace my ISF with one just like the RCF didn't either, but maybe after a few more years when these start popping up on the used car market I might be intrigued. I'm still holding out hope for an "F" version of the 3IS though. That could be something.
Old 04-02-15, 12:02 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Thanks for the pics. The GSF doesn't excite me enough to want to go out and replace my ISF with one just like the RCF didn't either, but maybe after a few more years when these start popping up on the used car market I might be intrigued. I'm still holding out hope for an "F" version of the 3IS though. That could be something.
I am hoping for it as well.....
Old 04-02-15, 06:25 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing! That RC-F GT3 is just jaw dropping
Old 04-02-15, 11:49 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Here you go guys GS-F great looking car in person wouldn't have trade in my IS-F for it. But with competition all putting out well over 100hp as well 100tq over GS-F unfortunately I'll have to past for now. To bad car is beautiful inside and out but once again lexus brought knife to gun fight twice first RC-F now GS-F. Enough of me ranting on enjoy pic's.

Oh RC-F GT-3 is sick what a bad *** looking car I want that hood for my IS-F lol.
What competition are you referring to?

M5 - $93,600 Starting price
E63 - $94,525 Starting price

If this car starts anything south of $70K......that's $23,000 less cash for a 467hp Lexus NA V8.
Old 04-03-15, 01:36 AM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
What competition are you referring to?

M5 - $93,600 Starting price
E63 - $94,525 Starting price

If this car starts anything south of $70K......that's $23,000 less cash for a 467hp Lexus NA V8.
Yes the competition M5 and E63 that what this car is supposed to complete against performance wise not price wise. If lexus had chosen to make GS-F forced induction ie S/C or Turbo they could command higher price to offset build cost. But for what ever reason they decided to share the motor in both RC-F and GS-F something know other luxury car comany producing high end luxury sedans and GT coupes with same exact hp and tq. Lexus didn't even bother to bump up hp of GS-F by at least 20 more hp to differentiate itself from RC-F

Today was exclusively for car dealers at convention center and spoke to several lexus dealership salesmen , service mgrs, etc anD since they were not at work and could speak freely alot of them felt that lexus really miss great opportunity with GS-F and two things hurt car HP and TQ numbers. Several even stated that sales numbers have not been lower than anticipated for RCF so far this could change though once summer hits.

I get to speak with all sort of car enthusiast at autoshow this being my 11th show as well as cars and coffee, track day events etc, and in this segment of cars one thing is loud and clear , I posed this question to all lexus dealers even though most enthusiast know that Mercedes and BMW have some quality issues they still continue to buy them in droves why because for most enthusiast in this category will give up some quality for performance. I'm not say lexus needs to give up on quality in order to sell cars but damn they need to fully committ instead of half hearted attempts. If they can put turbo on NX then why couldn't they put one on RC-F or two on GS-F?

I tested drove fully optioned out RC-F torque vectoring diff, carbon fiber edition after taxes over 80k. I don't see GS-F being less than RC-F so 80k to 85k range more like it. Lexus tends to be around 10k less than its two rival. IS-F was roughly 10k less than similarly equipment M3.

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-03-15 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-03-15, 07:52 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Yes the competition M5 and E63 that what this car is supposed to complete against performance wise not price wise. If lexus had chosen to make GS-F forced induction ie S/C or Turbo they could command higher price to offset build cost. But for what ever reason they decided to share the motor in both RC-F and GS-F something know other luxury car comany producing high end luxury sedans and GT coupes with same exact hp and tq. Lexus didn't even bother to bump up hp of GS-F by at least 20 more hp to differentiate itself from RC-F

Today was exclusively for car dealers at convention center and spoke to several lexus dealership salesmen , service mgrs, etc anD since they were not at work and could speak freely alot of them felt that lexus really miss great opportunity with GS-F and two things hurt car HP and TQ numbers. Several even stated that sales numbers have not been lower than anticipated for RCF so far this could change though once summer hits.

I get to speak with all sort of car enthusiast at autoshow this being my 11th show as well as cars and coffee, track day events etc, and in this segment of cars one thing is loud and clear , I posed this question to all lexus dealers even though most enthusiast know that Mercedes and BMW have some quality issues they still continue to buy them in droves why because for most enthusiast in this category will give up some quality for performance. I'm not say lexus needs to give up on quality in order to sell cars but damn they need to fully committ instead of half hearted attempts. If they can put turbo on NX then why couldn't they put one on RC-F or two on GS-F?

I tested drove fully optioned out RC-F torque vectoring diff, carbon fiber edition after taxes over 80k. I don't see GS-F being less than RC-F so 80k to 85k range more like it. Lexus tends to be around 10k less than its two rival. IS-F was roughly 10k less than similarly equipment M3.
Again...apples to oranges. A fully optioned out M5 is $120,000+

RC350 $42,790
GS350 $48,600

RCF $62,400
GSF $68,210 ?????

Maybe in their own minds, "enthusiasts" think the GSF is there to be compared to the M5, but in the place I like to call reality, they're at FAR different price points. Hell, why not compare it to the Panamera Turbo?

At the same price point, the GSF should be compared to the BMW 550 at a very similar price point.

Anyone can slap a massive HP motor into a car. If that's your only concern, get a Hellcat Charger for less money.

Last edited by JaponesV8; 04-03-15 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-03-15, 12:28 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Again...apples to oranges. A fully optioned out M5 is $120,000+

RC350 $42,790
GS350 $48,600

RCF $62,400
GSF $68,210 ?????

Maybe in their own minds, "enthusiasts" think the GSF is there to be compared to the M5, but in the place I like to call reality, they're at FAR different price points. Hell, why not compare it to the Panamera Turbo?

At the same price point, the GSF should be compared to the BMW 550 at a very similar price point.

Anyone can slap a massive HP motor into a car. If that's your only concern, get a Hellcat Charger for less money.

These are interesting statement kind of funny in fact. Your making all kinds of a sumptuous on price and other information. So you really think GS-F which is supposed to be top of line GS would come in around 68k or 70k obviously you're not well informed on the GS price points the current GS 450 H F sports starts at $69k so you think it will sell for less than hybrid model don't think so. But you are right it will be cheaper in price than M5 or S63 but lexus has always been less expensive than BMW, Mercedes nothing new there. I find it interesting how you keep quoting just base model prices on here to try and prove your point.

And the reason why GS-F is being compared to M5 and S63 is for one reason and one reason only it's wearing F badge which is supposed to stand for the top of line performance for that particular model, just like BMW's M, and Mercedes AMG have for years.This how Lexus has been branding the F model car's for 7 years now ISF to taking on M3 and C63, LF-A to take exotic cars such as Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini Gallardo etc. Now RC-F once again M3 and C63. So why else would they put massive brakes, race track modes, upgrade suspension, more ridged chassis, low profile high performance tires and all the other tech on this car if it were not to compete with these other cars. Lexus them selves has been toting how like RCF and now GS-F are car you can track on weekend drive into work in during week.

So yes We real enthusiast in real world are people that own these type of cars, auto journalist, guys that track their cars whether it be on a road course, autocross or quarter mile, think it should be compared to its natural rivals in this segment despite the difference in price it's cars Lexus it self has targeted. And you can add Cadillac to this list as well now it's even a better bang for the buck then Lexus, BMW or Mercedes for luxury performance vehicle..

You can try to bring up price, apple and oranges doesnt change facts. Enough said about GS-F if you want to discuss it further take it to GSF forum.
Old 04-03-15, 12:46 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

These are interesting statement kind of funny in fact. Your making all kinds of a sumptuous on price and other information. So you really think GS-F which is supposed to be top of line GS would come in around 68k or 70k obviously you're not well informed on the GS price points the current GS 450 H F sports starts at $69k so you think it will sell for less than hybrid model don't think so. But you are right it will be cheaper in price than M5 or S63 but lexus has always been less expensive than BMW, Mercedes nothing new there. I find it interesting how you keep quoting just base model prices on here to try and prove your point.

And the reason why GS-F is being compared to M5 and S63 is for one reason and one reason only it's wearing F badge which is supposed to stand for the top of line performance for that particular model, just like BMW's M, and Mercedes AMG have for years.This how Lexus has been branding the F model car's for 7 years now ISF to taking on M3 and C63, LF-A to take exotic cars such as Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini Gallardo etc. Now RC-F once again M3 and C63. So why else would they put massive brakes, race track modes, upgrade suspension, more ridged chassis, low profile high performance tires and all the other tech on this car if it were not to compete with these other cars. Lexus them selves has been toting how like RCF and now GS-F are car you can track on weekend drive into work in during week.

So yes We real enthusiast in real world are people that own these type of cars, auto journalist, guys that track their cars whether it be on a road course, autocross or quarter mile, think it should be compared to its natural rivals in this segment despite the difference in price it's cars Lexus it self has targeted. And you can add Cadillac to this list as well now it's even a better bang for the buck then Lexus, BMW or Mercedes for luxury performance vehicle..

You can try to bring up price, apple and oranges doesnt change facts. Enough said about GS-F if you want to discuss it further take it to GSF forum.
I just don't know how the M5 or E63 expects to compete. I mean, the Dodge Charger Hellcat is 707hp. Sounds like BMW and Mercedes have again brought a knife to a gun fight. I bet they don't sell any cars ever.
Old 04-06-15, 06:19 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Saw the car in person yesterday, the GSF looks amazing, as does the interior. Not saying I would trade for one but it is a great choice for someone who wants more space and a powerful V8. The RCF GT looks incredible in person.

I understand they discontinued the ISF but i was hoping they'd have at least a 2014 model at the show.
Old 04-06-15, 09:38 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

They should sell the rcf gt instead haha
Old 04-06-15, 03:48 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

They had those two cars at the Detroit auto show back in January also...disapointed they had no LFA on display, whereas the year before they did, and everyone was drooling all over it