IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

"ELF" Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak *Remedy Available*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-17, 10:55 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by cardoc1
The techs at the dealers that do that kind of work should be fired ! It just plain laziness on the tech's part or they are hacks ! Who is doing the QC on these guy's work? I had mine done at Magnussen's Lexus in Fremont CA and they did a beautiful job on mine - it looked totally like it did when I took it in (I checked before I left) ! The reason these harnesses get broken is instead of disconnecting all the wiring harnesses like they should, they remove the intake and flop it over so they don't have to disconnect everything! You spend the kind of money on these cars that we do and this is the BS kind of work done at the dealer? If this happened to my car I would send picture to Lexus corporate to let them know the poor quality of work being at that dealership !
I disagree about the cause. The cover shatters in your fingers. When I removed mine, it literally came apart in my hands, so I can easily see this being nearly impossible to remove. What SHOULD have happened is Lexus should have included this part in the recall. If yours looked as it did when you dropped it off, yours has never got hot in its entire life.
Old 08-21-17, 01:16 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I would even accept better communication, like "this part tends to break due to heat/age when we perform this recall and is not covered under the recall. We can a) fix it with electrical tape or b) replace with a new one at your expense". I would gladly choose option b. It really bothers me that they just assume because its under the cover nobody will see it and i hopefully wont notice. What if i want to sell my car privately? I assume any prospective buyer is going to check it thoroughly and wonder wtf is up with the tape job. And im going to have to explain "no, no, thats normal, thats how Lexus fixes things".
To add insult to injury, i had this recall done at the same time as the airbag recall, and now my airbag warning light is on. So, i have to take my car back tomorrow, and hope they dont screw things up any further. Oh, and they curbed one of my wheels while they were at it. This whole fiasco has made me greatly reconsider ever taking either of my Lexus' in for recall work ever again- unless there is the chance that i will die immediately if i dont get "some future" recall done. Although I'm actung like I'm surprised, i totally expected to have a number of further issues by having these recalls done, which is really kind of sad for a "luxury" automobile. I DID get to fill out a dealer survey on my "experience", i had 999 characters of fun with that one.

Last edited by FNSSESPORT; 08-21-17 at 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (08-21-17)
Old 08-21-17, 07:54 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
I would even accept better communication, like "this part tends to break due to heat/age when we perform this recall and is not covered under the recall. We can a) fix it with electrical tape or b) replace with a new one at your expense". I would gladly choose option b. It really bothers me that they just assume because its under the cover nobody will see it and i hopefully wont notice...
QFT. I would say exactly the same thing.