IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

OBD2 Bluetooth with torque Pro App

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-14, 07:29 PM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OBD2 Bluetooth with torque Pro App

I got a new toy for christmas (from me to me) and have been playing with it quite a bit lately.

First, I ordered an ODB2 to Bluetooth adapter and hooked it up. Simply pair it to your Android device (apple is more complicated) like any other bluetooth device. I did have to restart my phone before it'd pair but my tablet paired right away. This is the one I bought:
http://www.uobd2.net/wholesale/mini-...h-scanner.html

the interface is highly customizable and will show TONS of parameters with the ISF ECU. I have gauges showing 0-60, 1/4 mile, speed (from ECU or GPS), Engine speed, torque, horsepower, afm, voltages, etc. It'll also allow you to see and clear codes off the ECU. That alone was my excuse to buy it to the wife! There's different themes to the gauges, with infinite gauge layouts you can use.
I'd highly recommend this to anyone with an extra $15 laying around. The app is $4.99 and the device is $9.99.It's a great cheap monitoring tool that I'm looking forward to using in autocross videos. It'll do logging and everything that the more expensive tools will do for much less money. the options I mentioned are just a few of the monitorable parameters of the ECU. I'm in no way affiliated with this but I'm having a blast trying out this technology!

So far the best I've run is a 5.0 0-60 (tire spin in the cold).
Old 12-05-14, 07:43 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Nice..just ordered it - DIdn't realize it was available for blackberry Z10 too..

Thanks for ODB2 link too..
Old 12-05-14, 08:40 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered the same ODB2 adapter!
Old 12-05-14, 09:24 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Cheap.. For $10.. I will give it a try..
Old 12-05-14, 10:21 AM
MGordo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this as well, works great for clearing codes and easy to use on most cars.
Old 12-07-14, 09:33 PM
DrGator
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus user settings?

Anyone try this ODB to set the Lexus user settings? Is it possible? I'd like to change the customizable settings without the 1.5 drive to the nearest Lexus dealer...
Old 12-07-14, 10:42 PM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

^^ you need an app called "Carista" to adjust Lexus user settings. it will work with any wifi OBDII dongles though. I use it myself.
Old 12-08-14, 05:29 AM
DrGator
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the thread jacking - but thanks for the Carista info. Typical of most stuff with Apple, they have these programs locked down and looks like most only work with Androids (at least for now). Compared with paying the dealer pricing, it might make sense to buy an old Android phone just to use on my car...

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-08-14, 06:37 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by itsjdmyo
^^ you need an app called "Carista" to adjust Lexus user settings. it will work with any wifi OBDII dongles though. I use it myself.
Originally Posted by DrGator
Sorry for the thread jacking - but thanks for the Carista info. Typical of most stuff with Apple, they have these programs locked down and looks like most only work with Androids (at least for now). Compared with paying the dealer pricing, it might make sense to buy an old Android phone just to use on my car...

Thanks for the info!
Hi guys, just to make sure there's no confusion: Carista for Android uses Bluetooth ELM327 devices and is NOT compatible with WiFi devices.
We're in the process of developing Carista for iOS, which will use WiFi ELM327 devices, since Apple does not allow standard Bluetooth data communication. Our goal is to have a public beta version of the app by the end of the month.
Old 01-07-15, 12:40 PM
Vervish
Racer

Anyone using the Torque app getting errors in the "Test Results" function? I am getting 3 or 4 error warnings (mainly on Bank 4 O2 sensor or something like that) - not sure if this is just a compatibility issue or a real problem? No fault codes are showing. Car is running fine.
Old 01-08-15, 10:41 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Vervish
Anyone using the Torque app getting errors in the "Test Results" function? I am getting 3 or 4 error warnings (mainly on Bank 4 O2 sensor or something like that) - not sure if this is just a compatibility issue or a real problem? No fault codes are showing. Car is running fine.
I got my OBD-2 reader and I played with the Torque app a little bit but I haven't run the test results. I can do that and get back to you to see if I get the same results. Did you get the same ODB 2 reader as the OP of this thread?
Old 01-08-15, 12:02 PM
Vervish
Racer

^ Thanks.

Yes I have the same OBD-2 reader (took like 4 weeks for it to ship from china). The Test Results takes a while to go through all the checks. If it has a green check mark it passed, a red X means it failed. I get the same 3 or 4 fails every time..but it does not give enough info to understand what is going on/wrong.
Old 01-08-15, 12:03 PM
Vervish
Racer

BTW - my best 0-60 run was 5.1! Not bad for summer tires in 30 degree weather, Great little app.
Old 01-08-15, 02:57 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vervish
BTW - my best 0-60 run was 5.1! Not bad for summer tires in 30 degree weather, Great little app.
does anyone know if this is the most accurate way to test a 0-60 run? was just curious how accurate these things are, seems like it could depend on the quality of the app more so than anything else, since the obd port wouldn't by itself have some kind of timer function built in to measure.
Old 01-08-15, 03:05 PM
Vervish
Racer

It simply measures time and speed (from ecu). So assuming you have stock size tires, and lexus engineers got the speed right, it should be pretty close.

Quick Reply: OBD2 Bluetooth with torque Pro App