ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Lexus isf widebody question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/758262-lexus-isf-widebody-question.html)

yishin 09-26-14 03:20 PM

Lexus isf widebody question

I only see
What most likely possible for me to buy n install is
Amigan ? Product ?
Is there anyone install this on F ? Or is there other kit that u can actually buy ( dont tell me body kit cost 12k or custom make blah blah )
Thanks

bnizzle87 09-27-14 01:37 AM

Truthfully, I haven't seen any widebody parts available for the IS F. I, too, was looking for a more sculpted look at all four corners, and when I talked to the guy who molded my trunk spoiler, he said that it would be counterproductive at best. It's added weight to each corner as well as needing to throw on wider wheels and tires, which would negatively impact the steering and suspension components because their limitation is based off the factory body.

But if you're looking for more of an aesthetic perspective, I'm thinking you are referring to the rocket bunny look I've been seeing much more of on the likes of FR-S, M3, and GTR. While it looks nice, that's all it is- a look. Aimgain's products are more fitted for the stock body as well. I don't see too many widebody sedans out there, but if you're planning to go this route, I would definitely like to see what you do with it.

yishin 09-27-14 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by bnizzle87 (Post 8728700)
Truthfully, I haven't seen any widebody parts available for the IS F. I, too, was looking for a more sculpted look at all four corners, and when I talked to the guy who molded my trunk spoiler, he said that it would be counterproductive at best. It's added weight to each corner as well as needing to throw on wider wheels and tires, which would negatively impact the steering and suspension components because their limitation is based off the factory body.

But if you're looking for more of an aesthetic perspective, I'm thinking you are referring to the rocket bunny look I've been seeing much more of on the likes of FR-S, M3, and GTR. While it looks nice, that's all it is- a look. Aimgain's products are more fitted for the stock body as well. I don't see too many widebody sedans out there, but if you're planning to go this route, I would definitely like to see what you do with it.

Thx for ur input
But dose rocket bunny got anything for isf or 2nd gen isx50 ?

MrMark 09-27-14 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by yishin (Post 8728856)
Thx for ur input
But dose rocket bunny got anything for isf or 2nd gen isx50 ?

No....he's talking about using the RB kit as a base and then customizing it to fit the IS-F. The Aimgain kit is for the convertable and will need to be altered to fit the IS-F.

MK4Sup_isF 09-27-14 09:55 AM

A good bodyshop can do a custom metal widebody for about 6-7k painted. Pretty good and durable