IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Heads Up - ONE-Time Deal on a set of HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers - IS-F Specific

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-14, 08:35 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heads Up - ONE-Time Deal on a set of HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers - IS-F Specific

So HKS has just launched their brand new line of the HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers . HKS is putting a lot of time and effort into their coilover branch as they want this to be one of their major lines. They actually sent over 3 engineers to drive a Scion FR-S with a set of these coilovers on it to get feedback from U.S. based customers on what they wanted, and to test them on U.S. roads. They stopped by our shop and they were very cool, wanting us to give them our feedback, drive the car, give them info, etc. The car we drove felt very composed, but it absorbed the normal dips and bumps well. It felt comfortable but controlled, which is exactly what most guys are looking for in a street coilover.

Basically They are wanting to get some interest out there so they are offering a very limited amount of kits at a serious deal, we have a couple of them here.

There are not a lot of IS-F specific kits out there, so we knew this would interest you guys (which is why we posted here).

We have a Sale thread posted here with all of the coilover info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-kit-sale.html

If you guys are interested hit us up immediately, we can go over any more questions and give pricing. These are going to be gone fast, and that's not a sales tactic, it's the truth. We sold 2 Subaru kits and 3 Scion kits within 48 hours of getting them for this deal. These Lexus kits are the last ones we are getting. Once these are gone the price for nay future kits will be back to normal (MSRP).

Old 08-22-14, 10:54 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Bump!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-14, 10:06 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Bump!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-14, 01:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

very cool, especially in light of some member have issues with the BC set ups. Is its $1695 or $1895? You have two prices listed.........unless Im reading it wrong
Old 09-02-14, 05:53 PM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be curious as to how these stack up to KW V3's. Coilovers are most likely going to be my next investment.
Old 09-03-14, 09:37 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
very cool, especially in light of some member have issues with the BC set ups. Is its $1695 or $1895? You have two prices listed.........unless Im reading it wrong
The $1895 price is for the IS-F kit. I would say these are closer to the BCs with Swift Springs than the KWs.
Old 09-03-14, 10:40 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
what's the issue with BC??? I am actaully looking into getting a set of BC with Swift.
Old 09-03-14, 11:06 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^About a dozen threads below this one you'll find:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-experts.html

Lou
Old 09-03-14, 02:40 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyray
what's the issue with BC??? I am actaully looking into getting a set of BC with Swift.
The BC coils arent bad, but they are not equal to the oem quality or close to having the same durability of the Penske, Ohlins, etc. The ISf is a true performance car . Putting average coils on a car like this not make it handle better and may create some noise issues like we have seen in the past. Not sure if the BCs were actually made for the ISf or if they just fit it. It was the same with the LS460 crew. If its looks you are after Id say do the coils, but if you want performance, leave it stock or run a higher end product. I like these HKS units because they are designed for the F and they are more closely priced to the Ohlins and Penske ( if you can eve get a set)
Old 09-03-14, 08:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Ohlins, Moton, Penske, high end KWs all are worth the investment if mechanical performance is your goal. Anything Asian is not in the same league. But don't take my word for it. Ask those who have actually tuned suspensions for a living, and I guarantee you, there are no Asian manufacturers they trust.

At one time, I thought Tein made a good set up. When I measured it, I found out they are second rate at the very best, and their customer service is third rate on the best of days. It all depends on what you are looking to achieve. Any shock can work, any spring can work, but out of the box, It's unlikely any of the Asian sources are going to give you best mechanical performance.

There is a reason you don't see any of them on real race cars unless they are sponsored, and at the top levels you just don't see them at all. Bilstein, Penske, Ohlins, Moton...there is a reason why they cost more and are found on real racing vehicles.

There is nothing wrong with choosing a cheaper solution if it delivers what you want. Don't expect it to be on par with the leaders in the space.
Old 09-04-14, 10:16 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

got it.. thanks for the knowlege as alway guys!
Old 09-04-14, 10:34 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

1500 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HKS-Hipermax-4-GT-Series-Coilovers-Suspension-Lexus-IS-F-/141386764031?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item20eb4eceff&vxp=mtr
Old 09-05-14, 07:56 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
We can get you a set of BCs with Swift Springs for even less than that!
Old 06-01-16, 06:12 PM
W4SABI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested 2012 Lexus is350

How much for a set shipped to 89110?
Old 06-01-16, 07:21 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow bump from the dead, damn!

Quick Reply: Heads Up - ONE-Time Deal on a set of HKS Hipermax IV GT Coilovers - IS-F Specific