IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Adding a Better Sub Stage (Illusion Audio / Mosconi) *Build Log*

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-14, 09:17 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Adding a Better Sub Stage (Illusion Audio / Mosconi) *Build Log*

I have a 2012 Lexus IS F with the Mark Levinson sound system package. I like the clarity and detail of the factory given ML speakers. The mids and highs are great, but it lacks in the low end bass. So I wanted to add a better balanced subwoofer stage and to remove the factory subwoofer. The objective of the install is to make it stealthy, factory looking, simple, and clean.

My Equipment:
illusion Audio Carbon C12
Mosconi AS 200.2
Mosconi RTC-MOS
Gladen ZeroLine RCA
AudioControl LC2i
NVX XAPK4 Amp Kit
KnuKonceptz Karma Speaker Wire
4080/Boxology Custom Sealed Enclosure (1.35 cubic ft)

First thing was to remove the spare, use factory mounting locations (no drilling)

Installed the remote bass **** control to the stock empty slot on the right of the steering area

The factory accessory mat does lay perfectly over the false floor, becomes flushed and stealthy

The subwoofer blends very well and smooth - never over bearing to the stock speakers. It is very accurate, plays low, and can get loud... Overall I am happy with the result.

Last edited by shahir18; 12-17-14 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-10-14, 09:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

this is sick man, did you do this yourself? i might want to do some audio stuff next for the car.
Old 08-10-14, 09:37 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great.

I've read before there are complications with the difficulty of tapping into wiring behind the nav unit to avoid the infamous 'louder you turn the volume, lower the ML system puts out low-end volume.' Do you notice the low-end being reduced in volume as you try and bumpity-bump as you roll down the street?
Old 08-10-14, 09:50 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
this is sick man, did you do this yourself? i might want to do some audio stuff next for the car.
The wood work and fabrication was done by a top installer in the nation, who is also an installation manager for Car Toys

All of the wiring was done by me

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Looks great.

I've read before there are complications with the difficulty of tapping into wiring behind the nav unit to avoid the infamous 'louder you turn the volume, lower the ML system puts out low-end volume.' Do you notice the low-end being reduced in volume as you try and bumpity-bump as you roll down the street?
The wires were tapped after the factory amp, using the front left and right woofer channels. The bass does roll off as you turn up the volume, but the AudioControl LC2i has a AccuBass feature that actually helps with the compensation
Old 08-11-14, 09:16 AM
calteg
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

"that boy", you have a PM...
Old 08-11-14, 09:56 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by "that boy"

The wires were tapped after the factory amp, using the front left and right woofer channels. The bass does roll off as you turn up the volume, but the AudioControl LC2i has a AccuBass feature that actually helps with the compensation
Looks clean as heck. I have the LC2i as well and it makes a huge improvement over a regular Hi/Lo converter.
Old 08-12-14, 09:26 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Looks clean as heck. I have the LC2i as well and it makes a huge improvement over a regular Hi/Lo converter.
It took a bit to tweak it and get it right, I have mine tapped through the front left and right woofers but will test out tapping into the sub signal if that makes any difference
Old 08-13-14, 07:20 AM
T4kAttack1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome I like it. I don't like taking the spare out though just in case something ends up happening.

Here's what I ended up doing:

Matches my interior and amp was put under passenger seat
Old 08-13-14, 07:46 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Yeah, I saw your setup in another thread somewhere looks nice - I just don't like the concept of two sub

Also, the spare tire was taken out because for one - it is heavy, I have AAA, and Lexus Roadside Assistance. The other issue was figuring out where else to mount the amp without taking any space away from the trunk area. Just wanted a very simple, clean, stealthy look. Easy to switch back to stock anytime I want.
Old 08-13-14, 10:02 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Great setups. Although twins subs might push out what hair I have left on my head...LOL
I have been thinking about a sub setup, the only made to order one I could find is from WickedCAS. Is there a site for Boxology? I haven't been able to find it. I found something on MySonic but that didn't lead anywhere either.
Old 08-13-14, 11:30 AM
T4kAttack1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I saw your setup in another thread somewhere looks nice - I just don't like the concept of two sub

Also, the spare tire was taken out because for one - it is heavy, I have AAA, and Lexus Roadside Assistance. The other issue was figuring out where else to mount the amp without taking any space away from the trunk area. Just wanted a very simple, clean, stealthy look. Easy to switch back to stock anytime I want.
Each their own, i love your setup too. Ahhh nice, yeah in that case you don't need it at all. I guess i don't need mine either but i hold it there. I was thinking of putting the amp on the trunk ceiling inside. Clean and not noticeable unless you really crawl in and look.

Very nice though, congrats on the clean setup you have
Old 08-13-14, 12:12 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rickna
Great setups. Although twins subs might push out what hair I have left on my head...LOL
I have been thinking about a sub setup, the only made to order one I could find is from WickedCAS. Is there a site for Boxology? I haven't been able to find it. I found something on MySonic but that didn't lead anywhere either.
Boxology/4080 Enclosures - no longer exist, that is why this box is more special!

you can get this: http://www.audiointegrations.net/lexus.html
Old 08-13-14, 01:27 PM
Rickna
Racer

Boxology/4080 Enclosures - no longer exist, that is why this box is more special!

you can get this: http://www.audiointegrations.net/lexus.html
I was thinking they're gone. Thanks for the link-Dare I say; That's a nice looking box!
Old 08-13-14, 02:18 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickna
I was thinking they're gone. Thanks for the link-Dare I say; That's a nice looking box!
ZING!!!!

(10 char)
Old 08-13-14, 02:29 PM
Rickna
Racer

I couldn't help myself...

Quick Reply: Adding a Better Sub Stage (Illusion Audio / Mosconi) *Build Log*