IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another muffler delete video for those thinking about it

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 01:00 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Another muffler delete video for those thinking about it

got a little time today. couldn't push the car all the way, its cold out here and didnt want something to happen.

the crushed pipe on the y pipe in the back was replaced with with a full pipe. it sounds a bit more "cammed" at idle now. sounds better in person though. the 2nd intake sounds sweet at WOT.

1080 HD version

https://vimeo.com/93185318

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 04-28-14 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-28-14, 01:24 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video. How about some headers?
Old 04-28-14, 02:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

So did you have done exactly? Did you take it to a muffler shop and just have them cut off the muffler and weld in a straight pipe? are the secondary cats still in place ?
Old 04-28-14, 02:54 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
So did you have done exactly? Did you take it to a muffler shop and just have them cut off the muffler and weld in a straight pipe? are the secondary cats still in place ?
Yes, please post some pics!

Also how much did it cost you?
Old 04-28-14, 02:56 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Boma
Great video. How about some headers?
i had headers, never installed them because i thought i was switching cars. ive been looking at nitrous after i see these members making good, solid power.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

this is a generic pic of the oem isf exhaust. you see the y pipe that goes into the two rear mufflers. there is a bend there. i did a 2.5 from the resonator all the way out.

secondary cats and resonator still in place. after listening to Vijay's set up on here with the secondary cats gone, might be a fun little mod for the summer time. not sure yet, i do enjoy the WOT sound a lot. people around here love it. its like the exhaust quiets up and all you hear is big rush of air sucking in the car.
Old 04-28-14, 03:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Yes, please post some pics!

Also how much did it cost you?

the place i took it to was really nice and we both sat down and he actually listened to my ideas and made mock ups and really involved me the whole process which after i tipped him, came out to about 170 bucks. it was suppose to be more but his whole team was excited to work on this car because they never seen or even heard what the ISF was lol.

the main goal was to just have both pipes using piece each side, no cuts. and also to hang lower than my previous joe z exhaust a whole 2 inches so it a can actually been seen from the back when driving.

Old 04-28-14, 04:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

not sure if you read my comment in your Build thread but your build is just awesome... nice and simple
Old 04-28-14, 04:02 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
not sure if you read my comment in your Build thread but your build is just awesome... nice and simple
i couldnt find my thread, let me go search. thank you man, it means a lot. it makes me never wanting to stop spending money lol
Old 04-28-14, 04:13 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Will try to get a video of secondary cats deleted also dude. Sorry about this weekend, weather was bad and couldn't have anyone stand outside to video it. In the meantime on my YT channel there is a video of interior sound at regular throttle. Did you want a video from the outside normal throttle as well?
Old 04-28-14, 04:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Will try to get a video of secondary cats deleted also dude. Sorry about this weekend, weather was bad and couldn't have anyone stand outside to video it. In the meantime on my YT channel there is a video of interior sound at regular throttle. Did you want a video from the outside normal throttle as well?
no problem. same here with bad weather this weekend as well. im actually not concerned with interior drone . it will never be as bad as having no exhaust from the headers lol.

just like a normal take off driving down the road. i want to see if it keeps that low rpm muscle sound that i was looking for with this set up.

thanks bro, might join you on the secondary cats
Old 04-28-14, 06:19 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds great man, you have my favorite car on here. I just installed muffler deletes tonight and it sounds mean. I'll be in chapel hill/ Durham tomorrow night for about a week. Hopefully I'll see you down there
Old 04-29-14, 06:19 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Sounds great man, you have my favorite car on here. I just installed muffler deletes tonight and it sounds mean. I'll be in chapel hill/ Durham tomorrow night for about a week. Hopefully I'll see you down there
thanks man!, wow, chapel hill/durham is like 5 miles from where i live. if i was in town, i would of def met up with a fellow F owner.
Old 04-29-14, 07:54 PM
goukie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds nice and looks nice.
Old 04-29-14, 08:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i had headers, never installed them because i thought i was switching cars. ive been looking at nitrous after i see these members making good, solid power.

this is a generic pic of the oem isf exhaust. you see the y pipe that goes into the two rear mufflers. there is a bend there. i did a 2.5 from the resonator all the way out.

secondary cats and resonator still in place. after listening to Vijay's set up on here with the secondary cats gone, might be a fun little mod for the summer time. not sure yet, i do enjoy the WOT sound a lot. people around here love it. its like the exhaust quiets up and all you hear is big rush of air sucking in the car.
Thank you for explaining that buddy. I am dying to make the car a bit louder but dont want droning. I am assuming the drone is pretty similar to stock . What do you think?
Old 04-29-14, 08:08 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I deleted mine last night. It sounds so mean but drones a lot at 2k rpm

Quick Reply: Another muffler delete video for those thinking about it