ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   Doge IS F... and an introduction (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/735542-doge-is-f-and-an-introduction.html)

kirk200 03-26-14 11:43 AM

Doge IS F... and an introduction

1 Attachment(s)
Risk taking at its best... I saw a NASCAR-looking "Dogecoin" car meme and thought what would be better than a Japanese dog in a Japanese car? So I had my daughter Photoshop this one up.

As a better introduction, I just ordered a 2014 IS F (USB/Alpine, loaded) last week... so waiting 3 months will be hard to do! I do have a 1997 Supra Turbo as well (RSP 6-speed), so the waiting won't been too painful.

I will be up at VIR in VA this Friday (March 28th) with the Supra for some hot laps during the Victory Junction charity event, if anyone has an IS F and wants to meet up with me. I'll be the only one there with a Supra if tradition holds up.

I will post some pics in a few months with the USB and RSP cars side-by-side... that will be interesting to see, as they are pretty close shades of blue awesomeness.

We test drove a 2013 IS F (Liquid Platinum) a couple of times this month, and it was wonderful. The ride on the IS F is firm, but it is so much more comfortable than even the Supra...

Enjoy the pic... or if these Internet Memes bother you, my apologies! :p

Regards
- Kirk

ISF4life 03-26-14 11:50 AM

too bad that is 2008 USB ISF lolz , better get pic of 2013 ISF for your post :P , ehheheheh anyway congrats on the order :)

MRxSLAYx 03-26-14 11:55 AM

Congrats on the order. NC is a great state for cars guys so enjoy! Have you taken your supra to the Dragon?

kirk200 03-26-14 11:58 AM

LOL, yes I realize this is a pre-2014 IS F image, but I liked the plain background on it. I'll see about refreshing the image when I find a better/matching 2014 IS F.

I haven't driven on the Dragon's Tail yet... plan to do that sometime though; it's about a 4hr drive from where I live in NC to get there.

- Kirk

P.S. The reason that I like this Doge meme so much is we actually *do* have a 4-yr old Shiba Inu, who looks just like Doge :)

DaveGS4 03-26-14 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by kirk200 (Post 8451638)
I will be up at VIR in VA this Friday (March 28th) with the Supra for some hot laps during the Victory Junction charity event, if anyone has an IS F and wants to meet up with me. I'll be the only one there with a Supra if tradition holds up.

Congrats Kirk.

I'll be at VIR at Friday (afternoon) as well getting my wife set up for the Chump race on Saturday. Will look out for you. No IS-F, we'll likely be in a Tundra.

kirk200 03-26-14 12:24 PM

1997 Supra Turbo at VIR

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dave -
Great - we try and be up at VIR in the early AM before the charity fun runs get too busy, but we hang out most of the day. I am usually up there with some friends who run late model GTOs; one of my friends also may be there in his brand new 2014 SRT Viper GTS as well. Here is a pic of my Supra in the VIR paddock a couple of years ago. I am running 18" TRD Sports rims on her now, and it's also (finally) lowered as well.
- Kirk

MisterSkiz 03-26-14 12:30 PM

Wow! Beautiful Supra!

Whats up with the hood scoop though?

kirk200 03-26-14 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you MrSkiz -

That hood scoop is a functional cooling duct for the rear of the straight-six 2JZ-GTE engine... it was a factory option on JDM Supras, for continuous running on high speed circuits. The USDM Supras all have a little horn/duct that sits up there at the back of our engines, but nothing to point directed air down into it. In my case, that duct fits right up into the bottom of the hood scoop.

In the picture below you can see it circled in red (not my picture/engine BTW).

I've also installed the JDM Active Front Spoiler option on my Supra as well last summer - it's tucked up behind the front air dam, and after reaching ~65MPH, it deploys and helps create additional down force on the front of the car.

- Kirk

BS ISF 03-26-14 01:13 PM

congrats on the ISF purchase and welcome! love the supra!

MisterSkiz 03-26-14 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by kirk200 (Post 8451781)
Thank you MrSkiz -

That hood scoop is a functional cooling duct for the rear of the straight-six 2JZ-GTE engine... it was a factory option on JDM Supras, for continuous running on high speed circuits. The USDM Supras all have a little horn/duct that sits up there at the back of our engines, but nothing to point directed air down into it. In my case, that duct fits right up into the bottom of the hood scoop.

In the picture below you can see it circled in red (not my picture/engine BTW).

I've also installed the JDM Active Front Spoiler option on my Supra as well last summer - it's tucked up behind the front air dam, and after reaching ~65MPH, it deploys and helps create additional down force on the front of the car.

- Kirk

Wow! Didn't know all of this! Gotta love the USDM cars not getting all the cool things :(

CalitriSC 03-26-14 04:35 PM

Yea hood scoop is from Toyota. I have seen it on several Supras in the states.

FD3SISF 03-26-14 05:18 PM

Very clean looking supra. Congrats on the order of a ISF.

jermzisf 03-27-14 03:27 PM

Congrats on the order. 3 months is a perfect estimate. Ordered mine on 12/9, processed 12/27, finished being built on 2/20, shipped 2/22, arrived in port 3/7, delivered to dealer 3/17. Goes by fast and definitely worth the wait!!! Enjoy!