IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus merchandise - Impossible to get in the US

Old 01-07-14, 03:10 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Lexus merchandise - Impossible to get in the US

So I found the IS-F ballcap in the Australian catalog, and the Lexus cycling jersey in the Canadian catalog.

Luckily, my father has an army friend who lives in AU.

I called the Lexus dealer in British Columbia. The cycling jersey is from the 2013 catalog, but he says he can still order it. Now the funny thing, the item is arriving from the US, and then he would have to mail it to me. LMAO

I called several dealerships (Sewell as well) and asked about these items, didn't get very far.

I then called the Corporate office and was told the dealerships handle their parts ordering and Corporate can't help me.

I then advised the lady on the phone that I can walk into any BMW Dealership and buy a brand new, original M3 ballcap (which I did for my best friend who has an E90), but when I walk into a Lexus dealership, there is no IS-F merchandise at all. She said the call is recorded, and maybe someone will notice.

So I own a $67,000 car and can't get an IS-F ballcap and a cycling jersey in a local dealership.

Go figure.

Old 01-07-14, 03:16 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also don't like how Lexus teases with all the parts in japan, but never brings them over to the USA nor have any dealership be able to order the parts... why go through all the hassle of development and manufacturing when you don't even sell it in market you sell the most of your vehicles?

I am directly talking about all the TRD / CCS Parts, The F Merchandises, and the F-Sport Bicycle
Old 01-07-14, 03:18 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

The lexus dealer I go to in MA has a bunch of stuff behind glass in a big display case. What exactly are you looking for? I will at least ask next time i go. I think I'm due for an oil change in 1500 miles or so. I forget exactly what they have but I remember seeing hats/mugs/pens/ model cars/ bunch of other random stuff
Old 01-07-14, 03:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,325 Posts

I have the F ball cap from the Driving Event they did here in Atlanta in 2008. Got the golf shirt from a former co-worker for Christmas (I helped him make a LOT of money that year). The cycling jersey sounds pretty cool!
Old 01-07-14, 03:35 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I have the F ball cap from the Driving Event they did here in Atlanta in 2008.
I gave mine away 6 years ago to a friend, who was nice enough to give it back to me last weekend, after I bought him a brand new Acura RDX hat.

The point being, this is an item from the Driving Academy which is no longer produced.

Here is the link to the cycling jersey:

http://www.lexusofedmonton.ca/assets...3lifestyle.pdf

Page 42

I will dig the link for the ballcap from the AU catalog later tonight.

This is really annoying.
Old 01-07-14, 03:37 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by "that boy"
I also don't like how Lexus teases with all the parts in japan, but never brings them over to the USA nor have any dealership be able to order the parts... why go through all the hassle of development and manufacturing when you don't even sell it in market you sell the most of your vehicles?

I am directly talking about all the TRD / CCS Parts, The F Merchandises, and the F-Sport Bicycle
THANK YOU!

Enough said.

They develop a whole line, but then don't sell it.

Go figure.....
Old 01-07-14, 06:07 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The Canadian catalog from 2012, has a whole section devoted to IS F swag, including hats, coats and bags (as I am sure the USA had them as well). This 2013 version was really gearing in on the F-Sport equipment, with the broader launch of the F Sport branding. I do not see the IS F cap you are referring to, only the F-Sport one. The 2011 and older even had better stuff, with sport bags ect......

Lexus Canada had a fire sale on this "IS F" merchandise about a year ago to close out there inventories...so it will be hit or miss on the stocking in Canadian dealerships. If they stop short with your request on what they are holding, they are not trying hard enough for you.

Here is the link to the 2012 - and the IS F stuff starts on page 34 (including 2 styles of ball caps)

http://www.lexusofkelowna.com/images...lebrochure.pdf

The key to this stuff is to have a Canadian dealership key in on the inventory codes from the 2012 - they're parts departments can also call one of the two Lexus Canada warehouses (Vancouver & Toronto) to check for remaining inventories

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 01-07-14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 08:27 PM
XpediencY
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08
The Canadian catalog from 2012, has a whole section devoted to IS F swag, including hats, coats and bags (as I am sure the USA had them as well). This 2013 version was really gearing in on the F-Sport equipment, with the broader launch of the F Sport branding. I do not see the IS F cap you are referring to, only the F-Sport one. The 2011 and older even had better stuff, with sport bags ect......

Lexus Canada had a fire sale on this "IS F" merchandise about a year ago to close out there inventories...so it will be hit or miss on the stocking in Canadian dealerships. If they stop short with your request on what they are holding, they are not trying hard enough for you.

Here is the link to the 2012 - and the IS F stuff starts on page 34 (including 2 styles of ball caps)

The key to this stuff is to have a Canadian dealership key in on the inventory codes from the 2012 - they're parts departments can also call one of the two Lexus Canada warehouses (Vancouver & Toronto) to check for remaining inventories

Digger08
I'd love to get some of those in the US...
Old 01-08-14, 01:29 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of Cali are you 2URGSE ? LA or Norcal or SD?

Last edited by gemini1; 01-08-14 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-08-14, 07:53 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Originally Posted by gemini1
What part of Cali are you 2URGSE ? LA or Norcal or SD?
I'm in NorCal. (Bay Area)
Old 01-08-14, 07:53 PM
gemini1
FNM President

You have a pm.
Old 01-08-14, 09:42 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

dam i would like to get the watch and cycling shirt with pen and tumbler!
Old 01-09-14, 12:27 AM
toky916
Pole Position

I wanna buy some F stuff like a cap and shirt
Old 01-09-14, 04:43 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd take the watch and the girl.
Old 01-09-14, 06:26 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08

Digger08
I have that F jacket (LX8320) and the black coffee mug, both purchased from Canada. Last time I checked, my local Lexus dealership has none of that stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus merchandise - Impossible to get in the US