IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Jalopnik ISF vs C63 vs CTSV

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-13, 09:18 PM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Jalopnik ISF vs C63 vs CTSV

Before jumping to conclusions its a twist topic. I guarantee 95% of people who are leaving opinions have never driven any of the cars and most probably never will. I have driven all the cars on the list and still prefer the ISF as a daily and track car. Money says you won't be able to DD/Track the C63 or CTSV for 100k miles reliably. Anyway, here is the article:

http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/jalopnik/full/~3/TBR3eCCgTD8/@matthardigree
Old 12-24-13, 03:59 AM
QQQ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can never understand why some people think the F is ugly. I think it's one of the best looking cars around.
Old 12-24-13, 05:22 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's an internet popularity contest, so the outcome is expected. To add perspective, many of the people aren't actual car enthusiast-- they just like to give opinions about cars, usually what badge and type of gearbox they like. That's fine, but isn't much more than a junk discussion.
Old 12-24-13, 07:13 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Yup, all three of them are great cars and all have thier strengths and weaknesses....
Old 12-24-13, 07:27 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The M3's DCT tranny feels great and natural..
The CTSV tq just feels monstrous..

All around the F just feels right. Thouigh I wish the normal driving mode felt like sport and the sport felt more intense
Old 12-24-13, 07:36 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Yeouch!

Ah well. 3years and no repairs. I stand by ISF daily driver.
Old 12-24-13, 10:23 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

We obviously made our choice, but I have nothing against the CTSV. Big fan of that car, but I'm an even bigger Toyota/Lexus fan. I've owned both BMW and Mercedes, and I just can't get behind the reliability.
Old 12-24-13, 11:37 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

This is a bit too expected.
Human ignorance and stupidity are forever, so no reason to fret about badge-*****s and manual gearbox "purists".
Remember what Einstein said: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
ISF should outperform the C63 and possibly the CTSV on the track.
Old 12-24-13, 11:58 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
This is a bit too expected.
Human ignorance and stupidity are forever, so no reason to fret about badge-*****s and manual gearbox "purists".
Remember what Einstein said: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
ISF should outperform the C63 and possibly the CTSV on the track.
Since the latest IS-F put down quicker lap times at VIR than the M3, then I can assume it would beat the C63 as well. Not certain about the CTS-V though as that car is just a beast all around!
Old 12-24-13, 12:59 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Since the latest IS-F put down quicker lap times at VIR than the M3, then I can assume it would beat the C63 as well. Not certain about the CTS-V though as that car is just a beast all around!
that's good to know. I think the only reason the ISF stands a chance against the CTSV is due to curb weight: CTSV is a jolly piggy. However, I'm probably wrong because its power makes up for its weight!
Old 12-24-13, 03:30 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Props to GM for a monster build, but the Cadillac looks like something Paulie Walnuts would drive
Old 12-24-13, 05:37 PM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have yet to find a gm car that I like the ride of. Every one has felt harsh to me.

The amg was the 2nd choice to me. After being in the bmw club for the past 4 years for driving events I pain refuse to buy a bmw. I'd have a 911 well before that.

Bottom line is Lexus reliability is why I bought the car. That and the styling is awesome on the is line.
Old 12-25-13, 02:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

It'll be nice to see the CTS-V move up in class as it should be anyway from size and power. The next IS-F will have the ATS-V to play with not to mention the usual suspects M3, C63 and who knows Audi may do another RS4 and Jaguar will have the baby 3-Series fighter out soon with a likely R version. Major win for the consumer
Old 12-26-13, 08:03 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IS F = All Around Reliable, Brand Recognition, Exclusive/Rare, Good Gas Mileage in it's category
C63 = Power, Many Upgrades, Sounds Amazing, Warranty is a MUST, Doesn't look too different from C300 AMG
CTS-V = Power, Low Resale Value, Cheap made interior

Before I ended up with the IS F... I looked into many different cars; Jaguar XF-R, Benz C63, Audi S4, Volvo S60-R, BMW M3 / M5 and yet - I ended up with the IS F. To me is more exclusive, all around, more comfortable, quiet, reliable, has better resale value then the bunch, and what appealed to me the most was the color (UltraSonic Blue). The Jaguar was nice, but has the lowest resale value and reports of many issues. The Audi has the best gas mileage, but I didn't like the transmission (Auto), the navigation/head unit UI, and the seats were not as comfortable. The C63 is a blast to drive, but does have a harsher ride, there are tons of C-Series cars floating around everywhere in Houston - so hard to differ the c63 until you read the badging! All in all, the IS F is more of the all around middle of the category vehicle with luxury, performance, comfort, and it's own class
Old 12-26-13, 01:12 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

As a past iSF owner, I would say on this site it's obvious we favor the Lexus doh!

M3 is best track car

ISF has best tranny for daily street driving and mpg

C63 is best to show off exhaust note and drag racing

Caddy is best for older muscle car heads

RS4 is best for people who live in 4 season climates and appreciate a manual tranny

F10 m5 reigns supreme but if you can afford the 100k price tag then it's unfair to group with these sub 70k cars

Quick Reply: Jalopnik ISF vs C63 vs CTSV