ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   sunroof thud clunk noise (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/721161-sunroof-thud-clunk-noise.html)

scamsel 12-12-13 11:05 AM

sunroof thud clunk noise

i've searched and searched but can't really find others with this similar issue (except in the 350 forums).

when i'm turning on an uneven surface where the wheels are essentially turning on an inclined surface, i get a strange clunk from the sunroof, basically sounds like its moving around. more or less happens when the chassis is flexing. if i press up on the sunroof when going over such surfaces i can eliminate the issue....

when the sunroof is closed, if i press up on the back corner of the sunroof on the driver side, it definitely has a bit of travel that doesn't exist on the drivers side.

any ideas here? probably going to have to end up removing the headliner i guess? :sad:

thanks!

Mydogbella 12-12-13 11:31 AM

I had a similar problem on a 5 series. It turned out to be some sort of mount or something in sunroof track assembly.

Are you still under any type of warranty?

scamsel 12-12-13 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mydogbella (Post 8278227)
I had a similar problem on a 5 series. It turned out to be some sort of mount or something in sunroof track assembly.

Are you still under any type of warranty?

unfortunately no.

clarionguy 12-12-13 07:01 PM

I think I have the similar issue. It has gotten worse in the cold.
i have not isolated if holding on the corners made a difference.

I thought it was the roof's metal flexing? :o, unfortunately no warranty left either

funny enough I was searching the last couple days for the same thing...

Most posts were by the IS300 crew of noise in the sunroof

scamsel 12-13-13 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by clarionguy (Post 8278954)
I think I have the similar issue. It has gotten worse in the cold.
i have not isolated if holding on the corners made a difference.

I thought it was the roof's metal flexing? :o, unfortunately no warranty left either

funny enough I was searching the last couple days for the same thing...

Most posts were by the IS300 crew of noise in the sunroof

yeah it seems worse in the cold, as when i was in florida it didn't seem to happen as much....

i will definitely update once i get this resolved. i don't want to remove my headliner, but yet don't really trust anyone else to do it either, what to do what to do.....i think the passenger side sun roof rail is loose is my suspicion.

when you press on your sunroof from the inside does it travel at all?

clarionguy 12-17-13 09:41 PM

Mine is more towards the back. Center and passenger SIDS that I feel some play.

Looks like it could be a combination of the rear drip catch bar and sunroof. Still don't fully know. All I know is I reached my hand and pushed random spots. At first it made it better but now it seems to be getting louder lol.

scamsel 12-18-13 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by clarionguy (Post 8285972)
Mine is more towards the back. Center and passenger SIDS that I feel some play.

Looks like it could be a combination of the rear drip catch bar and sunroof. Still don't fully know. All I know is I reached my hand and pushed random spots. At first it made it better but now it seems to be getting louder lol.

haha, **** man. yeh mine is in the same place, passenger side, rear corner. def some give towards the center too, but then once i'm on the driver side, just tight.

CCColtsicehockey 12-18-13 10:38 AM

I have a sunroof noise that sounds like the wind deflector is rattling. The dealer won't look at it until they can hear it and I won't let them test drive the car to find it. Waiting till I have time to drive them around instead.

clarionguy 12-26-13 08:46 PM

Perhaps this is the same issue or sound:

with a fix

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...with-pics.html