IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SoCal's LAST IS-F CRUISE/Meet of the 2013 Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-13, 08:52 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will roll out on the 14th. Do we have a meet spot in LA in mind yet? Last time we met up at a park and ride near Universal off the 101. Justin had a good route we took that dropped us at PCH north of Malibu. What did you have in mind?
Old 11-22-13, 10:40 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
I will roll out on the 14th. Do we have a meet spot in LA in mind yet? Last time we met up at a park and ride near Universal off the 101. Justin had a good route we took that dropped us at PCH north of Malibu. What did you have in mind?
Dang where have you been hiding? Some of us were wondering where you were at the last cruise.

Currently I don't have a concrete meet up spot since I hardly come to this area. I am either going to scope out the area next weekend or have a member that is familiar with the area, chime in with a proper meet up spot for us.
Old 11-22-13, 11:15 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Dang where have you been hiding? Some of us were wondering where you were at the last cruise.

Currently I don't have a concrete meet up spot since I hardly come to this area. I am either going to scope out the area next weekend or have a member that is familiar with the area, chime in with a proper meet up spot for us.
My really good buddy lives in Studio City and works in Hollywood...I just texted him to axe for a good meetup spot for us near 101/Mulholland...

Are we going to stop at the 405? Or cruise down to PCH? I'm wondering because if we get as far as Malibu, it could be worth staying on PCH until just north of Malibu to Las VIrgenes, or even better, Kanan Dume Rd. Both would spit us out right around Calabasas/101...and could be really fun.
Old 11-22-13, 11:18 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
My really good buddy lives in Studio City and works in Hollywood...I just texted him to axe for a good meetup spot for us near 101/Mulholland...

Are we going to stop at the 405? Or cruise down to PCH? I'm wondering because if we get as far as Malibu, it could be worth staying on PCH until just north of Malibu to Las VIrgenes, or even better, Kanan Dume Rd. Both would spit us out right around Calabasas/101...and could be really fun.
Well ideally we would make our way down to PCH somehow and find a restaurant that can host 15 cars without problems. Currently the only way I know how to get to PCH from Muholland would be the freeway which isn't ideal. if you know the road from Muholland to PCH that isn't too wild then we can do it
Old 11-22-13, 11:46 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Well ideally we would make our way down to PCH somehow and find a restaurant that can host 15 cars without problems. Currently the only way I know how to get to PCH from Muholland would be the freeway which isn't ideal. if you know the road from Muholland to PCH that isn't too wild then we can do it
Never sought out that route, but I'm putting my feelers out...
Old 11-22-13, 01:25 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...if you know the road from Muholland to PCH that isn't too wild then we can do it
But our cars are meant to handle wild. The more wild the better!
Old 11-22-13, 01:41 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quarius
But our cars are meant to handle wild. The more wild the better!
Agreed! Except some roads up there become super-narrow and 'less-than-maintained' as well as flat-out turn into fire roads!
Old 11-22-13, 09:03 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Pat can't handle wild????? No "M Cuties" for you! We did Las Virgenes and Kana Dume Rd. on our last run out there and it was fun. Look up that old thread and see if you like that route and meet spot. All the homework has already been done, but this is your baby this time so I'm just throwing out suggestions What about Kody, Justin, and Tommy, any of the "old timers" coming out?
Old 11-22-13, 09:10 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
Pat can't handle wild????? No "M Cuties" for you! We did Las Virgenes and Kana Dume Rd. on our last run out there and it was fun. Look up that old thread and see if you like that route and meet spot. All the homework has already been done, but this is your baby this time so I'm just throwing out suggestions What about Kody, Justin, and Tommy, any of the "old timers" coming out?
Haha! M cuties is for old men who can't get laid come on we all know that.

When I meant wild I meant roads that are unpaved or 1.5 lanes for both directions etc. I am definitely out there to explore but some of us don't like going off roading!

I'll dig up the old thread for ideas, I wasn't even aware you guys did Mulholland already lol

Last edited by ISFpat; 11-22-13 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-22-13, 09:45 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

best part of mullholand is between Topanga and pch I wouldn't want to drive mullholand between the 101 and 405 too many homes too many cars and just not fun.... if you want fun start at Topanga go then make a left on to stunt then down piuma to las virgenes back to mullholand that is the way I recommend and typically do ever few weeks after I go to super car sunday.

if you want to cruise what I am talking about above then I would be down if you want to cruise between 101 and 405 ill pass
Old 11-22-13, 09:54 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Murph145
best part of mullholand is between Topanga and pch I wouldn't want to drive mullholand between the 101 and 405 too many homes too many cars and just not fun.... if you want fun start at Topanga go then make a left on to stunt then down piuma to las virgenes back to mullholand that is the way I recommend and typically do ever few weeks after I go to super car sunday.

if you want to cruise what I am talking about above then I would be down if you want to cruise between 101 and 405 ill pass
lol IF YOU DONT MAKE IT OUT ILL KEY YOUR CAR. Seriously you cant do a no show on 2 cruises haha. Whats that Topanga portion? Can you map it out for us?
Old 11-22-13, 10:03 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol IF YOU DONT MAKE IT OUT ILL KEY YOUR CAR.
LOL using your keyfob? That'd be interesting :P
Old 11-22-13, 10:04 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quarius
LOL using your keyfob? That'd be interesting :P
I have house keys you know!
Old 11-23-13, 12:15 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

lol IF YOU DONT MAKE IT OUT ILL KEY YOUR CAR. Seriously you cant do a no show on 2 cruises haha. Whats that Topanga portion? Can you map it out for us?
The route Justin is talking about is the way we went last time. It was fun and everyone liked it. Dig up the old thread, its already mapped out.
Old 11-23-13, 12:21 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

The other thread...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...et-cruise.html

Quick Reply: SoCal's LAST IS-F CRUISE/Meet of the 2013 Year