IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

BC Racing Coil over + Swift Spring 2011+ ISF

Old 11-13-13, 11:41 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default BC Racing Coil over + Swift Spring 2011+ ISF

Since getting the 2012 ISF, I have been disappointed on 2 things.

The ML audio systems (weak sub, low volume and high pitch speaker output even with treble set to all the way down) but the disappointment has slightly gone away since I upgraded with a new JL 12 sub (will probably still need a high end LOC and new speakers in future upgrade).

The stiff suspension is the other disappointment (I know it’s a sport suspension and I should have expected it). The 3rd Generation IS-F will probably solve the suspension issue with adaptable suspension.

I am currently looking at the BC Racing Coil over + Swift Spring with 14K/10K. For those who has a 2011+ ISF with BC Racing Coil over + Swift Spring:

1. How is the ride quality? I am looking for a comfortable luxury ride over better handling.

2. How easy was the installation? I might do it myself with a friend; I can do basic tire swap, brake pad replacement but nothing major like header installation.

3. I would like to lower the spring, is there any concern?

Thanks
Old 11-13-13, 12:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy

The ML audio systems (weak sub, low volume and high pitch speaker output even with treble set to all the way down) but the disappointment has slightly gone away since I upgraded with a new JL 12 sub (will probably still need a high end LOC and new speakers in future upgrade).

The stiff suspension is the other disappointment (I know it’s a sport suspension and I should have expected it). The 3rd Generation IS-F will probably solve the suspension issue with adaptable suspension.

I am currently looking at the BC Racing Coil over + Swift Spring with 14K/10K. For those who has a 2011+ ISF with BC Racing Coil over + Swift Spring:

1. How is the ride quality? I am looking for a comfortable luxury ride over better handling.

2. How easy was the installation? I might do it myself with a friend; I can do basic tire swap, brake pad replacement but nothing major like header installation.

Thanks

1. The quality feels like a luxury car, smooth, quiet. even smooth with bald tires . IMO, for the engine output, its a bit too smooth when driving really aggressive. but when you adjust it stiffer, i promise it can feel exactly stiff like stock again. even when slammed.

2. easy to install.

3. no concerns.
Old 11-13-13, 07:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I opted for 14k/12k, and it certainly did not disappoint. A greater ride feel, and though I'm not as low to the ground anymore, the ride is much better. I have each corner set to pretty stiff all around to have some of the road feedback, but still smooth for my passengers. It's not as jarring as the '08 suspension. For a comfortable ride, you can still set the setting to softer, and it will be exactly what you're looking for.
Old 11-14-13, 07:11 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just leery of coilovers. I used K-sports on my old MR2 and HATED how it rode. Even on full soft it was punishing to ride in and bouncy. They worked pretty good at the autocross, but the design of them also was horrible for bump-steer... It may have just been the design, but that ruined my image of coilovers.
Old 11-14-13, 10:00 AM
Polkman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy

Thanks

Keep in mind, you're coming from a 2012. The difference between a 12 upgrading to bc coils with swift is a lot less than if you were coming from an 08-09.
Old 11-14-13, 10:18 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Polkman
Keep in mind, you're coming from a 2012. The difference between a 12 upgrading to bc coils with swift is a lot less than if you were coming from an 08-09.
I know.. that why I have asked for people with 2011+ ISF and up when the suspension was changed.
Old 11-15-14, 03:03 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

so nobody here has swapped out their 2011+MY suspension with BC coilovers? would like to hear any experiences