IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.

Old 11-09-13, 02:38 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Expensive or not, wheels are wheels and moreover, STOLEN.

The dude will not last long. Keep us posted OP if you hear any fresh news.
Old 11-10-13, 11:46 AM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the best thread I've read in a while. I wouldn't mind doing the world a favor and curbing a scumbag like this. Glad to see the lower echelons of society continue to prove themselves incompetent even as POS thieves (fingerprints, contact info, immediate sale while the heat is on, etc).
Old 11-10-13, 12:47 PM
NickawdIs
Pole Position

Glad to hear , the worse is someone that works hard for something & for someone else to take it !
Old 11-10-13, 12:54 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Are you getting your wheels back?
Old 11-10-13, 01:40 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Uhh mr Adam whitten just emailed me back a minute ago asking if I was still interested.......?
Old 11-10-13, 01:49 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by thekhmer
Uhh mr Adam whitten just emailed me back a minute ago asking if I was still interested.......?
Absolutely yes. Contact the OP and police immediately.
Old 11-10-13, 02:17 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Wow this guy does not give up! Hope this a**hole gets shackled soon.
Old 11-10-13, 02:19 PM
SPoon22
Pole Position

He is a fugitive right now and I am assuming he did not want to turn himself in after his parents pleaded with him and the detectives willing to drop some lesser charges. Please DO NOT attempt to retrieve the wheels from him under any circumstances. He is insane if he is willing to evade the cops and all. I do not want to hear any other horror stories just because of rims. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 11-10-13, 02:43 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I am assuming at this point it is an insurance claim and the OP will not only get the money for his wheels (or money for OEM replacements which will be twice as much as the wheels he lost) and will get the bodywork on his car fixed. The police could catch the thief if they really coordinated a little or used an undercover, but it's probably too much work for them to continually set up a "sting" to catch some low level crook.

I'm glad they found the guy due primarily because of this thread. Great community here! Definitely pass along the fact that he is still trying to sell to the cops though.
Old 11-10-13, 02:51 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

California has serious overcrowding in its prison system. When they do arrest him they will be unable to lock him up because at this stage he is not yet violent while plenty of others are. Go after the parents with a civil lawsuit. They'll probably settle and you can put some money in your pocket.
Old 11-10-13, 02:58 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by lorenr
California has serious overcrowding in its prison system. When they do arrest him they will be unable to lock him up because at this stage he is not yet violent while plenty of others are. Go after the parents with a civil lawsuit. They'll probably settle and you can put some money in your pocket.
This is not true... the parents aren't going to be able to be held civilly liable for their delinquent son's criminal actions unless you can somehow prove they had some sort of knowledge that he'd commit the act. Just knowing their kid is a thief in general isn't enough to link it up. You'll spend more money and effort trying to go after the parents then it is worth, consider your very long odds at even holding them liable. Don't waste your time on a civil suit. Process your insurance claim and move on.
Old 11-10-13, 07:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

If he lives in their house in California, it's possible his parents are liable. Cali has some weird precedents, it's not like the other 49 states at all. Regardless of the outcome of this particular incident, it would be comforting to know this guy is sufficiently discouraged from doing this to someone again.

GL with all the repairs.
Old 11-10-13, 08:51 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like he is trying to dump the wheels...crazy story. Glad there is at least some closure. I have been considering upgrading the alarms in my cars. The OEM alarms are horrible.
Old 11-11-13, 02:17 PM
jcoon350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy is really desperate to get rid of the rims. He has made 12 Craiglist's ads so far.
Old 11-13-13, 07:16 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

so what was the outcome? did they catch the guy? is he still selling wheels?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!! Stolen wheels. Linea Corse Dynas powder-coated gray.