Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mindcrime
did you change the front lip?
Nah, same AutoCouture lip, Eddie.
Old 02-13-17, 08:02 PM
bakalag
Intermediate

Received 403 Likes on 118 Posts

Saw this car at the F Performance Driving event at AutoClub Speedway!

=)
The following users liked this post:
NSXGuy (02-14-17)
Old 02-13-17, 09:02 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

While you were taking shots of the Fs, I was making sure those signs in the back wouldn't flail too much and kiss my bumper a tad

Almost nine years of ownership, and she still looks good. Thanks for the shot again, Eric!
Old 02-14-17, 06:34 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bakalag

Saw this car at the F Performance Driving event at AutoClub Speedway!

=)
Hey, that's me in the background. Second guy on the right side in the grey Adidas hoodie :-) Was checking in at the time. Hey Brian, I parked next to you when I first got there. Didn't know that was you!

Last edited by NSXGuy; 02-14-17 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-14-17, 07:11 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Nah, same AutoCouture lip, Eddie.

for some reason it looked different. i had my tom's replica lip sprayed in line x as well. looks great on SGM and Ob.
Old 02-15-17, 10:24 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Hey, that's me in the background. Second guy on the right side in the grey Adidas hoodie :-) Was checking in at the time. Hey Brian, I parked next to you when I first got there. Didn't know that was you!
What a coincidence, Gene! Didn't think anyone else would want to come that early on a Sunday haha. I saw an Obsidian F that was super clean, and I knew it had to be a member on CL. No one keeps black clean for that long haha. I wish I had gotten a pic of our Fs together. Overall, now that I know it was your F, I counted 4 IS Fs (my friend quarius and an owner with Utah plates), as well as as a Molten Orange RC F in attendance.
Old 02-15-17, 10:26 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mindcrime
for some reason it looked different. i had my tom's replica lip sprayed in line x as well. looks great on SGM and Ob.
It does help with the rock chips and steeper inclines. Were you able to get your suspension issues resolved? We definitely need to meet up and see what else can be done to help with the ride quality.
Old 03-30-17, 05:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Recently, Beat Sonic USA invited me for a product shoot for its MVX-140L Double Din Stereo Replacement. Along with this, they wanted to do a full profile of my car with some of the mods I've chosen for my IS F. It is always a treat to reconnect with Eric and Sam at Beat Sonic, and I've been fortunate to help owners with regards to the double din kit that they offer. It's great to see those wanting to tackle a mod like this because whether it's the IS F or 2nd gen IS, the technology is a bit dated. Not an entirely big deal, but when a nice refresh like this comes about, it's always nice to have the option to upgrade. To those who have purchased the corresponding kit for your specific car, I'm sure not only will fit and finish be of OEM-like quality but should you need any help along the way, the customer service is by far one of the greatest I've seen from any shop in the Southern California area. I do remember back around 2010-ish, numerous people from the 2IS forums and even the IS F crowd wanting a product that can house a double din, as automotive audio customization was and still is a valuable part of anyone's build. Needless to say, this particular product didn't arrive until much later, but given how much of a demand there is still for something like this, there really isn't another alternative that can have the same look and feel as what the factory infotainment looks like in our cars.

No, I didn't get paid for this. No, I'm not sponsored by Beat Sonic USA. And no, I do not get any incentives for posting my reviews on this product. BUT....yes, I will support vendors on this forum that dedicate themselves to providing the utmost quality in terms of product development and support and care for their customers.

Much thanks to Beat Sonic USA, in particular Eric and Sam, for all you've done in helping me with my build thus far. Hope you guys enjoy the video.

Old 03-30-17, 05:58 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great Brian, hope all is well
Old 03-30-17, 08:11 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by smt6
Looks great Brian, hope all is well
Thanks Sean! Likewise with you. Gotta get together sometime soon. That last shoot ended up pretty good for it being super late at night.
The following users liked this post:
smt6 (03-30-17)
Old 05-14-17, 02:58 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Family. Work. Sleep. Repeat. When given a free day from work, I try to make the most of it. Recently, I was able to reconnect with my good friend Frank (frank1015). Chatting about cars, work, life, and, of course, the F makes for a very fun time. And it sure went by quickly, but not before we got to snap some shots and find out what's next for each of our rides.

Obsidian IS F:
-AutoCouture front lip, LED headlamps and foglights, black pearl emblems
Ultrasonic Blue Mica:
-Tom's Racing carbon fiber front lip, LED headlamps, carbon fiber fog light covers

WALD International molded trunk spoiler. Clean and flowing with the raising of the quarter panels.

A look that was solely added for the 2014 IS Fs- carbon fiber factory trunk spoiler. Subtle, but adds a nice detail to the car.

Obsidian F:
-WALD International carbon fiber rear diffuser, PPE headers, JoeZ/PTS exhaust, RR Racing tune
Ultrasonic Blue Mica F:
-Tom's Racing carbon fiber rear diffuser, PPE headers, GReddy titanium exhaust, carbon fiber roof spoiler

OEM BBS 2012+ wheels vs Volk Racing G25 Prism Dark Silver (after two hours of traffic and light rain, things got dusty fast )

And lastly, some titanium tips to end this visit. Honestly, it looks great, sounds sexy as hell, and weighs less than two new car tires. And this header-exhaust combo makes you want to turn down your volume, roll down the windows, and hear it blip on downshift. O. M. friggin G!

Frank has been in talks with a Lexus dealership about the potential for an F performance gathering soon. To see such enthusiasm about this Lexus performance line shows that there is a vested interest by owners alike who want to see Lexus flourish with regards to promoting and developing the F marquee. The previous meets have been quite the success, and hopefully there will be future meets to really promote the F name and cultivate its heritage in this first decade.
Old 05-14-17, 03:23 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Update with the FIGS Front LCA Zero Deflection Rear Mount Precision Bearing...

I've driven about 1k miles with these installed, and to be honest, I do enjoy the application on the street and am still looking forward to testing these on the track, which is what they're advertised for to begin with. NVH is tolerable to an extent, and while I would not suggest long road trips, especially if others will be in the car as well, for it might be too noisy and an inconvenience of feeling every bump and imperfection on the road, I personally like that raw feel and feedback. The handling is superb and most predictable since I've owned the car. Braking suddenly comes without hesitation and there is great feedback upon acceleration and stopping when it comes to suspension movement, or lack thereof.

A few more suspension components from FIGS await to be installed, but I am itching for a free weekend to test these LCAs on the track.
Old 05-14-17, 07:25 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Update with the FIGS Front LCA Zero Deflection Rear Mount Precision Bearing...

I've driven about 1k miles with these installed, and to be honest, I do enjoy the application on the street and am still looking forward to testing these on the track, which is what they're advertised for to begin with. NVH is tolerable to an extent, and while I would not suggest long road trips, especially if others will be in the car as well, for it might be too noisy and an inconvenience of feeling every bump and imperfection on the road, I personally like that raw feel and feedback. The handling is superb and most predictable since I've owned the car. Braking suddenly comes without hesitation and there is great feedback upon acceleration and stopping when it comes to suspension movement, or lack thereof.

A few more suspension components from FIGS await to be installed, but I am itching for a free weekend to test these LCAs on the track.
Thanks for the initial review of the Zero Deflection LCA bearings.. I'll be interested in what you think after a track day.. However, I DD my IS-F, so I may not want to deal with the additional NVH on top of what I already get with the Penske coilovers.

-Mike
Old 05-14-17, 11:44 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Thanks for the initial review of the Zero Deflection LCA bearings.. I'll be interested in what you think after a track day.. However, I DD my IS-F, so I may not want to deal with the additional NVH on top of what I already get with the Penske coilovers.

-Mike
In truth, I thought it might have been a bit unbearable hearing every dip, bump, and whatever else that keeps the road from being entirely smooth, but I've grown to like that raw feel over the last few months. I'm sure there won't be as much NVH once I head over to the track. Knowing that the steering and cornering is this precise on the street really makes me anxious in wanting to test them out on the track.

Have you tested your Penskes on the track? I'd imagine they're extremely compliant. As what these LCAs are designed for, the Penskes are just that in terms of coilover suspension for the track.
Old 05-14-17, 09:27 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That exhaust sounded great!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years