bnizzle87's IS F Through the Years

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-17, 11:55 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragtek
That exhaust sounded great!
Haha, Frank was saying how each time you guys reconnect, there's something new to his car. That GReddy has a mean muggin' sound to it. No one wants to mess with titanium lol. Can't believe it's been a few years already. Meanwhile, mine looks exactly the same since we last got together Sean. Always a treat to see you and the family. I'll keep spreading the word on your FS parts. And I'll keep you posted on that next F gathering, too.
Old 05-15-17, 12:39 AM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

So awesome seeing this beast in person
Old 05-15-17, 01:03 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnMorgan
So awesome seeing this beast in person
A pleasure meeting you over the weekend, John! It's refreshing to see a brand new perspective on the car and the enthusiasm that comes along with it. I will definitely be in contact with you on some potential one-off parts. I rarely ever see anyone truly into the details of the car, and you certainly have an eye for the details. We'll be in touch, my friend. In the meantime, meets, gatherings, and the occasional cruise and photoshoot will be taking place a lot during the summer, so there will be plenty of opportunities to meet some of the other local members that we didn't get to interact with on Saturday.
Old 05-15-17, 02:24 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

From the pic (L to R): frank1015 (Frank) - josh810 (Josh) - Miqueaseli (Manny) - myself - JohnMorgan (John)
*not pictured Dragtek (Sean); rolled in with the family a little later, but nevertheless a great time reconnecting with him

I didn't get a lot of shots from Saturday's Pure Lex Spring Meet in Diamond Bar. A few of the IS Fs decided to meet up and roll to this event. Granted, it was a different crowd and vibe, but nonetheless a lot of fun meeting new owners and checking out their builds. It was a great opportunity to reconnect with some old F buddies as well as meet some new ones, including the owner of a rare MY12 non-sunroof AND red interior Starfire Pearl. Looking forward to see the continued builds of these guys, as well as other F owners both new and old. There's always something to discuss or dive into when it comes to this platform, which is really good considering it hasn't been in production for over three years now.

Can't wait to see you hooligans again soon!

Last edited by bnizzle87; 05-15-17 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-15-17, 11:13 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

all you guys looking good, gotta love California weather for sure. keep up brother, you and your car will always be an inspiration to me
Old 05-16-17, 05:16 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Have you tested your Penskes on the track? I'd imagine they're extremely compliant. As what these LCAs are designed for, the Penskes are just that in terms of coilover suspension for the track.
Oh yeah, the Penskes are great on the track! I put them on last spring, and have done 8 track days with them so far..

-Mike
Old 05-16-17, 11:20 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Oh yeah, the Penskes are great on the track! I put them on last spring, and have done 8 track days with them so far..

-Mike
That's amazing to hear. I knew the testing Penske did in bringing their product to the IS F was a bit slow, but from what I have read by owners who had them installed, they are definitely worth that top tier status of track-oriented coilovers. Seeing the F shine on the track with these products is always a treat, whether behind the wheel or reading about the benefits from track enthusiasts like yourself.
Old 05-16-17, 11:24 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackisF08
all you guys looking good, gotta love California weather for sure. keep up brother, you and your car will always be an inspiration to me
Won't be long before we get some decent weather for a few members from different states. That meet that we were talking about might actually happen soon. Then I get to see that next mod you have planned
Old 05-17-17, 07:16 AM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Haha, Frank was saying how each time you guys reconnect, there's something new to his car. That GReddy has a mean muggin' sound to it. No one wants to mess with titanium lol. Can't believe it's been a few years already. Meanwhile, mine looks exactly the same since we last got together Sean. Always a treat to see you and the family. I'll keep spreading the word on your FS parts. And I'll keep you posted on that next F gathering, too.

yea, I think the last time we saw each other his car was stock!! It's ok, my car has mostly remained the same too please do lmk about any upcoming meets, we don't have enough meets imho. Until next time, take care Brian!
Old 05-17-17, 09:38 PM
frank1015
Driver

Received 104 Likes on 25 Posts

Good seeing everybody. Thank you for the kind words Brian. The last time we saw each other I was bone stock Sean! lol Let's not make it another two years... hope to see you at the next one!
Old 05-17-17, 11:54 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragtek
yea, I think the last time we saw each other his car was stock!! It's ok, my car has mostly remained the same too please do lmk about any upcoming meets, we don't have enough meets imho. Until next time, take care Brian!
Will do, Sean! It's been far too long in between meets in seeing you and your beautiful family. Manny was just throwing out those words of wisdom to that little man, and you can tell it went in one ear and out the other lol. But I get it...we both know who is a bit on the scary side that may deter from gathering more often lol.

Originally Posted by frank1015
Good seeing everybody. Thank you for the kind words Brian. The last time we saw each other I was bone stock Sean! lol Let's not make it another two years... hope to see you at the next one!
Bone stock?! From that to the best sounding header-exhaust combo on the roads....crazy! But you're right. So much has changed in a few short years. While we don't have as many meets, I think we can all agree that we're grateful for the time we get to spend together, not only as F enthusiasts but also as friends and a close knit family. From the smack talk to the inside jokes, from the quick highway runs to the long cruises, and from the random eats to some of the chillest eateries- nothing beats an outing with the guys in attendance. That being said, I'm still the lone one to get a taste of a coffee shop
Old 06-26-17, 01:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

It's been all too long since there was a thread update here. I've been somewhat bit by the mod bug yet again. 9 1/2 years...apparently there are still parts I want to get for my F, parts that I know tie into how I've envisioned it to look both inside and out. And there were still some parts that I have been very patiently waiting for the right shop to install from the mechanical side, while there have been some new parts that have become attainable price wise versus a few years ago when similar parts were being listed at a much higher asking price. Onto the pics....

Flat bottom carbon fiber steering wheel with white stitching, dark carbon fiber weave, added ergonomic grips at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, as well as 7 and 5 o'clock, perforated leather, and steering wheel control covers in dark carbon weave

Name:  DSC05041_zpsu3gi2pq8.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  238.5 KB

Name:  DSC05043_zpssgxwofyi.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  130.9 KB

Name:  DSC05042_zpshg6e4xzy.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  270.2 KB

It was an obvious choice for me with the specs listed. Having the Neiman Marcus launch edition steering wheel, I wanted to keep that same concept of the leather with white stitching. Adding the dark carbon on top and at the bottom of the wheel was something I always wanted, but honestly, could not justify the exorbitant pricing non vendors were asking for back then; this was well before vendors were producing flat bottom wheels. And yes, I do know there are some vendors who I've started talks on customizing a wheel- with little response or customer service (**hoping it gets resolved for those who went through with the business transactions**), but there was always something not included or not exactly fitting to what I wanted in terms of a look and feel. What I can say is that I'm glad I finally have a flat bottom wheel to maneuver and control. For track duty, I know the ergonomic grips will aid in turning and the flat bottom portion has already helped with my street application in that I'm no longer rubbing or coming in contact with that area with my legs and thighs.

A few members have started venturing into customizing their interior pieces, and I'm looking forward to corresponding with them and seeing how to go about completing my interior re-design. Needless to say, dark carbon fiber and the OEM Texalium don't really go together that well.
Old 06-26-17, 01:29 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Next up are the MY14 updated headlights. Scouring the forum classifieds and asking members about how they like these over the older ones, and I was fortunate to find a Lexus dealership that was selling them for much less than what I had been seeing for a used set, albeit unpinned. Tommy @ MusicBox was my obvious go to shop for this installation. After careful pinning and discussion about light intensity and output, I decided to have it on at 100% as a DRL and 50% when driving at night. What this called for was some added wiring to ensure light intensity was changed with the turning of the headlight stalk. I was advised by some local members to keep it on at 100% all the time, as it would look "cool" and "bright af". But personally, I'm not one to blind others on the road, and I've seen how 100% looks at night from driving in front of these guys. What others like will not always be what is best for you, and what was best for me was to keep it at a respectable light intensity so as to not blind oncoming traffic or worse- cause light sensitivity issues in the form of migranes and such to those, myself included, who have difficulty adjusting to such bright output.

Headlights on- 50% output, LED fogs on
Name:  DSC04968_zps7z4txlzk.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  153.9 KB

Headlights off- 100% LED strip output
Name:  DSC04940.1_zpssxlvwsqv.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  98.1 KB

Slowly as more and more pieces are being collected, I'll be updating this thread more. What I was really hoping for was to make a track visit and see how the mechanical parts all come into play. Tinkering to fit my driving skill and making sure the car still performs to my liking is what I look forward to most when I hit the track. Unfortunately, another incident took place that requires my inability to perform strenuous driving for the time being. Silver lining has to be that it's so freakin hot in So Cal that it's probably not ideal to be recovering from yet another accident as well as putting my body through the stress of track driving. I'll finish off this post on a happier note...

Name:  DSC04626.1_zpsyxttwg8m.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  314.6 KB

Name:  DSC04696.1_zpssgimovzo.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  284.6 KB

Name:  DSC04871.1_zpsegqgsvfl.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  231.6 KB
Old 06-26-17, 06:19 AM
veee8
Rookie